Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

You know when you have that feelin......

The younger peeps on the forum, unfortunately, won't know what I'm on about, but the older ones will.

After about ten(ish) games in under Martin O'Neil, we could see that the team was improving week-in, week-out. Suddenly, it all started to click and to gel and we kinda knew that we were possibly going places.

After watching City for the past few games, I've got that same feeling.

We aren't full of flair, but we are solid and finally have that all important ingredient in the team... pace.

We look confident... The boys are starting to knock it about, knowing that we can win football matches.

Yes, I know, it's early days and we need to take this season one game at a time. And I don't mean to put the kiss of death on it.

BUT, I just have that feeling (Christ, I hope I'm not wrong lol) that this COULD just be our season. Like watching the team under O'Neil, there's a steely self-belief going on, that's not been present for many many years.

Anyway, fingers crossed and all that. Suffice it to say, I think that Nige is slowly getting it right and that some of the errors have last season appear to be being put right. I hope it continues in this vein.

Onwards and upwards LCFC....

Yes, what a feeling when your bouncing off the ceiling,,,,,, happy days.

Sadly the only feeling I'm getting about the current set up under NP is when will it all go wrong.

Sad but true

The defeat against Watford taught us a few lessons and summarised what happens when you take your eye off the ball (in February that is). Our squad has far more quality as a whole, and experienced players like Wasyl and Gary Taylor-Fletcher give us an added dimension that must be pretty hard to play against. 

thanks for distorting a straight question to start another for and against nigel argument.. poor..

Stop being a ****ing chump it was a joke. And if you're looking for 'poor' you can check your post history for a start

I still think Was is the crucial signing. If him and Wes stay fit then we could quite possibly win the league. He gives us that extra security at the back which SSL/Whitbred/Keane couldn't give us last season. It gives more confdence to the rest of the team to play.

Personally think Nige made three key signings this summer... Was, GTF a and Hammond all bring that but of experience. It can be seen at times, you only have to look at Taylor-Fletcher's play when he came on.

I've got to say we do really look like a good side ..... I'm delighted that NP is watching from the stands too - It's got to give a better view for tactical adjustments - and I have a feeling he now thinks that they are some times necessary and he's not afraid to do them.

I just can't believe we're not top by 3-4 points - Burnley must also be breaking some club records!?

Touch (chris) Wood, but alot of it will come down to if we can keep the squad fit and healthy. At the moment we haven't had too many major issues and it's giving Pearson a good headache with players coming in and playing well giving the squad some real quality depth. Players seem hungry and switched on knowing that there is someone ready and waiting to take there spot in the starting 11 if they don't perform.

Nigel Pearson was spot on in his post match interview when he said that we are a much more balanced side this season. We have pace, strength, grit and experience. For me, Wasyl and Hammond are the key signings. Both have experience in abundance and both can be real nasty players - something which we have lacked. We have excellent strength in depth, 2 right backs, 4 centre backs, 2 left backs, 4 very good centre midfielders, 3 (4 if you count Schlupp) capable strikers. Perhaps we could just do with one more winger to give Knockaert and Dyer adequate rest when it's needed. Honestly, this feels great. IMO, our weak link last season when we began to falter was Michael Keane and he's been perfectly replaced with Was. 

You also get that feeling that we have a whole squad of players who want to be here, want to be part of a SQUAD and are hungry. Having players like Schmeichel, Moore, Wasyl, Morgan, Dyer, Knockaert in particular in the team who will ALWAYS leave every ounce of blood and sweat on the pitch only makes the others even hungrier.

Archived