Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Big Drop

Okay, if you were manager who, if anyone, would you leave out of tonight's starting line-up and how would you replace them?

I'd change the back line to read:

Maybury, Johannson, Stearman, Gerrbrand; (Defensive substitute McCarthy)

No further changes.

I'd have a big shake-up to be honest. As I said in another thread, Stoke have 2 very good wingers and a defensive midfielder who won the battle against ours last season. I'd go for wing backs and snuff them out. Give Sylla a licence to roam and Gudjonsson to sit in and battle Brammer like ****. Maybury and Wilcox would mark Kolar and Harper out of the game and Sylla could get forward to support Connolly and Dublin whilst Williams pulls the strings.

Douglas

Gerrbrand

McCarthy

Nils-Eric Johansson

Maybury

Sylla

Gudjonsson

Williams

Wilcox

Connolly

Dublin

I'd have a big shake-up to be honest. As I said in another thread, Stoke have 2 very good wingers and a defensive midfielder who won the battle against ours last season. I'd go for wing backs and snuff them out. Give Sylla a licence to roam and Gudjonsson to sit in and battle Brammer like ****. Maybury and Wilcox would mark Kolar and Harper out of the game and Sylla could get forward to support Connolly and Dublin whilst Williams pulls the strings.

Douglas

Gerrbrand

McCarthy

Nils-Eric Johansson

Maybury

Sylla

Gudjonsson

Williams

Wilcox

Connolly

Dublin

153264[/snapback]

I like it except I'm not convinced Wilcox could mark his winger out of the game (especially if he's still feeling Saturday) and this would be crucial.

I've never seen Gerrbrand play.  Do you guy's rate him more than McCarthy?

153280[/snapback]

I'd say they are both very talented and it's good to have 2 quality players vying for one position. Gerrbrand looks so composed on the ball, our defence should be class this season.

I've never seen Gerrbrand play.  Do you guy's rate him more than McCarthy?

153280[/snapback]

Don't mistake me I think McCarthy can make an excellent centre-back because it's not ability or tenaciousness he lacks, it's discretion.

There is something about Scandinavian defenders. They are always understated but mercilessly effective. Look at Kaamark.

McCarthy could learn much from Gerrbrand.

wow, i thought everyone thoght i was crazy ''bigging up'' gerrbrand, obviously not!

i think being able to talk swedish with johannsson will help as well, not just to settle in but to work together more comfortably.

Definitely one for the future but he is a very good defender already. McCarthy was brill last season, dunno what was wrong saturday, so long as he sorts himself out i'm not too worried

Sounds like a great buy! I really think when we are settled this team will be superb.

I think we should stick to the same team that started against Sheff Utd. Although I'm sure Gerrbrand is a quality player, we need a bit of stability in the team. Gerrbrand will get his chance and hopefully he will take it and cement a place in the back four.

Douglas

Gerrbrand

McCarthy

Nils-Eric Johansson

Maybury

Sylla

Gudjonsson

Williams

Wilcox

Connolly

Dublin

153264[/snapback]

My only worry with that that line-up is that we nullify Maybury. I think he is the best right-back in the league, and was one of the bright spots of last season with his overlapping play down the flank. I think it would be a shame to sacrifice that.

Also, I worry that Sylla would struggle in the centre. He isn't a Muzzy Izzet type player in my eyes. Now if it was Steven Hughes in the middle alongside Gudjonsson and Williams, that would be different but unfortunately he is injured.

One change,

Id give Hammond a full game instead of De Vries. Give him a chance to show what he can do in a full match not 10 Mins.  :D

153311[/snapback]

De Vries or Connolly will probably be injured one time or another before Christmas so Hammond will almost surely start some games. If De Vries is left out his confidence would suffer even more.

Archived