Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
londonfox

goal music?

The music that they played after our goals took me back to after the Charlton game when we were all singing along to that tune. I quite like it tbh. Atleast we don't have two fat men running down one side of the ground waving massive flags when we score like Bolton had a few seasons back!

Thats one of the improvements mate, last season you could hardly hear it!

154194[/snapback]

Didn't know they played the music after we scored last year :huh: . I'm being sarcastic because the music after the goals was blimming loud! :blink:

Lovin' the new goal music. It's going to divide opinion obviously but Carnivale de Paris is one of my favorite football related tracks and it added to a real carnival atmosphere when we scored I thought, keep it!

154190[/snapback]

:thumbup:

Imagine if after we've finished the initial cheering of the goal they played that and it got all the fans joining in adding Leicester at the end. You know the song I mean.

get rid. recorded version of when your smiling 5 mins before kick off and 5 mins after the final whistle. play it extra loud so we can be singing it as we walk up towards town. no goal music pls.

154406[/snapback]

Good Idea in theory, but to my knowledge the only version of When You're Smiling is quite old and doesn't project well over the tannoy, it was tried out at the start of last season and sounded pathetic! If we could get a faster version of the song it'd be a good idea, but otherwise I'd stick with what we have had already!

I'm undecided on goal music, having not been there myself last night, I can't say but I shall see on Saturday (that's if we score ;) )

I mean i hope we score alot of goals hence hearing it more  :rolleyes:

154421[/snapback]

I know matey, I was just having a sly dig at your spelling of hear :P

I was in a cynical mood earlier :o

Apologies.

:thumbup:

The music that they played after our goals took me back to after the Charlton game when we were all singing along to that tune. I quite like it tbh.

Imagine if after we've finished the initial cheering of the goal they played that and it got all the fans joining in adding Leicester at the end. You know the song I mean.

154211[/snapback]

Glad at least you understood exactly the idea behind using that music

It was suggested by fans during a club consultation session, it wasn't the clubs idea.

As you have said last season fans 'sang' the tune and then chanted Leicester at the end and the idea was that fans may do the same with the music played after the goal - which they didn't last night, no doubt not wanting to join in with any club played music but it was a City fans suggestion !

It has worked for some other clubs. At present the club is willing to try most things to improve atmosphere

Good Idea in theory, but to my knowledge the only version of When You're Smiling is quite old and doesn't project well over the tannoy, it was tried out at the start of last season and sounded pathetic! If we could get a faster version of the song it'd be a good idea, but otherwise I'd stick with what we have had already!

154419[/snapback]

That's the problem - in summer 2004 we sat down with Tim Davies & played a number of versions of Smilin - we all agreed that the versions weren't the right tempo.

The Trust is re-recording a version - it is taking an age to get sorted, things out of our control - our current guess would be something being ready around October.

It was suggested by fans during a club consultation session, it wasn't the clubs idea.

As you have said last season fans 'sang' the tune and then chanted Leicester at the end and the idea was that fans may do the same with the music played after the goal - which they didn't last night, no doubt not wanting to join in with any club played music but it was a City fans suggestion !

It has worked for some other clubs. At present the club is willing to try most things to improve atmosphere

154564[/snapback]

Do you think the club would be willing to change the timing a little bit?

Step 1) Goal is scored, fans cheer/go absolutely crazy.

Step 2) Just before the crowd draw to an end of their initial celebrating the song is played and the fans join in (in theory). Song is cut off at the end of one run through of the chorus, so to speak, leaving the fans to bellow out Leicester.

Step 3) Goalscorer is announced.

This may be difficult as I think the tanoy man sits in or near the surveilance area so he might not hear the noise we make very clearly and this may make timing difficult. One thing I noticed, as it was my first game in a pretty loud area of the ground, was the initial celebrating is cheering and fist waving in the direction of the goalscorer and then it gradually changes into everyone clapping. That would be why that would be an ideal time to start playing the music because people would be able to hear it more clearly and would, as they're already clapping, probably start clapping in tune to the song. Please don't laugh at that because after three seasons in the family stand you notice any ounce of atmosphere you see and hear. :)

If they insist on playing music after the goal why not try Kasabians track (cant remember the name) where the chorus goes "OOOOOSH"...just play that bit for a few seconds ..even I can remember the lyrics for that!

154580[/snapback]

Not sure which Kasabian song you mean but the song they played over the tanoy on Tuesday night is not difficult to join in with.

Ringtone version of the goal music.

Have a listen to that and hum along to it to yourself (add Leicester at the end of each run through of the tune as it's repeated twice on that ringtone).

154564[/snapback]

There was one dissenting voice, but it was overruled. :(

Archived