Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Louise

£25,000

We've been fined 25000 for our poor discipline last season. Hopefully less red cards this season  :ermm:

154362[/snapback]

Booo...

Though I can't say we don't deserve it, because we do. :ph34r:

Its the day the FA want to fine everyone!  :angry:  :mad:  :angry:  :mad:

We dont really deserve it because as C-man said, the suspensions are enough. And what will fining us £25k do?

154476[/snapback]

The FA's coffers must be running a bit low, there wasn't any event that could have 'triggered' this decision ;)

The FA's coffers must be running a bit low, there wasn't any event that could have 'triggered' this decision  ;)

154489[/snapback]

Indeed. The situation seems similar to that of speed camera fines...

pretext: safety

real reason: extra income

[someone I know just got done for doing 36m/h at midnight in Leicester...]

It would be refreshing for players to lose their wages for however many games they are suspended due to malicious red cards and docked wages for yellow cards that are earned by dissent, kicking the ball away etc.

At least that way, the club would have a few grand to spend!!

The FA's coffers must be running a bit low, there wasn't any event that could have 'triggered' this decision  ;)

154489[/snapback]

And where is that money going? NO, not into grass roots football, but into back pockets of directors and funding for Svens new contract! :angry::mad:

Indeed. The situation seems similar to that of speed camera fines...

pretext: safety

real reason: extra income

[someone I know just got done for doing 36m/h at midnight in Leicester...]

154495[/snapback]

Government etc DOES NOT make money on speed camera fines!!! I know this for a fact. The government gets the money equivelent to the cost of putting them up, then the extra goes into schools, hospitals etc :)

The FA issue fines every year at this time, we've had suspended fines hanging over us for some time, and it was inevitable that we would have to pay for poor discipline over a number of seasons at some stage.

As for the players, I think they are fined for cards; if the club chooses to use the fines elsewhere rather than saving them up for a day like this, it's their problem, not the FA's.

does anyone rate tiatto as a player? personally i don't but just wondered what everyone's opinion was

155039[/snapback]

Decent player, good to have in the squad because he is a leader. But sometimes he does go in for some rash challenges and gives stupid free kicks away. I would rather have him the squad at the moment than not.

I think the view is split amongst Leicester fans. I personally rate Tiatto, but he does let himself down with rash challenges and careless distribution at times.

He does win plenty of tackles and closes down the opposition well, and he can pass the ball well when he's on form. Tiatto started off last season as our best player by a margin.

I remember one game away at Wolves last season (1-1 draw) where he was simply outstanding. He was everywhere in midfield, he won almost every challenge and his attacking play was good. He caused Wolves all sorts of problems, particularly in the first half. Then his season started to fade after Levein was drafted in, but he occasionally did have decent games.

Because he runs around a lot and tends to be fairly rash, he has the tag of a 'headless chicken' and I think some people interpret that as a lack of ability. He certainly does have ability, but perhaps he doesn't use it in the right way.

Ask any Manchester City fan, and they'll give a glowing report on Tiatto. He was one of their best players in the Premiership the season they went down, not just based on his work rate, but his attacking play up the wing. In my opinion, the loss of form with Tiatto coincided with him being asked to play more centrally, despite being played on the left. When he sticks to playing on the left (Which is not often) he can cross well, but we don't see enough of that.

Although he drifted in a little at the start of the season, it's no way near as what he was doing towards the end. The problem is Levein wants him to play like that so we can win the ball in the middle. If we play that way, then Connolly may withdraw himself to the left flank again to provide some width, which we know is one of the reasons behind his lack of goals last season.

Archived