Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Craig

Gilbert Wants More!

The only way is up for Peter Gilbert after City's new signing secured his full Championship debut against Stoke this week.

The 22-year-old left-back played a full 90 minutes on Tuesday night and helped steer his new club to their first win of the season.

Gilbert, recently called up to the Wales Under-21 squad for their friendly against Malta next week, is now looking to cement a regular place in the Foxes starting line-up.

"I really enjoyed my full debut and it was good to get my first 90 minutes out of the way," said Gilbert, who moved to the Walkers Stadium from Plymouth Argyle last month.

"When you join a new club you just want to get involved as soon as possible and therefore I was pleased to be selected from the start on Tuesday.

"I thought I did OK and it was a bonus for us to get the victory as well."

Gilbert played behind the experienced Jason Wilcox on the left flank and the young defender was quick to praise his team-mate.

He added: "Jason is a very experienced player and he helped me through the Stoke game.

"He has been great to me since I have been here and his experience is invaluable to someone like me who is still learning.

"But there are a lot of new players at the club and we are all helping each other out - it is going to take a while for us to gel."

Promotion hopefuls Ipswich are today's visitors to the Walkers Stadium and Gilbert is well aware of their capabilities.

"In my opinion Ipswich were the best footballing team that I played against last term, both at home and away, so it will be a tough test for us," he said.

"They are technically very sound and maybe it will be a slightly different sort of game to what we have experienced against Sheffield United and Stoke.

"Ipswich may have lost their two main forward in Kuqi and Bent but Joe Royle has replaced them with other good players - they will be keen to impress like we are."

Supporters will be able to read the conclusion of this interview in the new-look Matchday Magazine - on sale now from the City Megastore and Leicester Mercury News Shops priced at just £3. Other articles in the programme include an in-depth interview with Nils-Eric Johansson, while Lee Morris take a trip down memory lane in the new 'How I Made It' feature.

deadcool-ambulance.jpg

nobody knows. i quite expect to see a statement on the OS one day saying "morris contract terminated by mutual consent". it seems the right thing to do as we are paying the guy who is bringing in no income to the foxes. unless he is being unpaid atm as hes not playing. i feel sorry for him though, being young and what seemed a big prospect. unless he can recover and light up the walkers after xmas.

He's appeared more in programme features than he has in the first team - bit of a kick in the teeth for the fans seeing this guy flaunt his wealth in front of fans that can't afford to go to the games, I know he's not necessarily to blame but you'd think the club could be a bit more thoughtful, but hey that would be too novel

He's appeared more in programme features than he has in the first team - bit of a kick in the teeth for the fans seeing this guy flaunt his wealth in front of fans that can't afford to go to the games, I know he's not necessarily to blame but you'd think the club could be a bit more thoughtful, but hey that would be too novel

155977[/snapback]

Very true. Remember when they did a similar thing with Matt Jones? They were doing features on player's homes or something like that and of course they eventually got around to Jones, who most people had never seen play, who was living in some expensive, highly furnished, detached semi-mansion (perhaps slight exaggeration on my part?) <_<

nobody knows. i quite expect to see a statement on the OS one day saying "morris contract terminated by mutual consent". it seems the right thing to do as we are paying the guy who is bringing in no income to the foxes. unless he is being unpaid atm as hes not playing. i feel sorry for him though, being young and what seemed a big prospect. unless he can recover and light up the walkers after xmas.

155973[/snapback]

I don't know the history. Did he have a specific injury last year or has there simply been no news? He is never mentioned either...

Think of Real Madrid then, With Woodgate lol

Their paying him 120k a week (According to the sun :ermm: ) Spose they can afford i though

155995[/snapback]

Vanderlei Luxemburgo has got Woodgate playing with the Juniors (14-16 year olds) to build up his confidence after his injury.

Archived