Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lush

Best player/manager V ipswich

Who did the best job  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who did the best job

• craig levein
    • rab douglous
    • alan maybury
    • patrick macarthy
    • nils eric johanson
    • peter gilbert
    • momo sylla
    • joey gudjohnson
    • gareth williams
    • marc de vries
    • david connolly
    • elvis hammond
    • dion dublin

I thought maybury produced the best work/performance, but i also think craig levein`s tactical play was very good.

Ipswich arnt no mugs, everyone was thinking goals in this game, and we nearly had that, but nearly in our goal.

Craig was weary of that possibility, and although we didnt attack less than tuesday, we made sure we worked harder at the back, and for me maybury was brilliant throught.

Not only did he defend brilliantly, but he got us going in attack when we needed it, because ipswich put us under pressure, as a good team would.

Maybury, terrific signing by CL.

I thought maybury produced the best work/performance, but i also think craig levein`s tactical play was very good.

Ipswich arnt no mugs, everyone was thinking goals in this game, and we nearly had that, but nearly in our goal.

Craig was weary of that possibility, and although we didnt attack less than tuesday, we made sure we worked harder at the back, and for me maybury was brilliant throught.

Not only did he defend brilliantly, but he got us going in attack when we needed it, because ipswich put us under pressure, as a good team would.

Maybury, terrific signing by CL.

156223[/snapback]

Agree about Maybury and McCarthy emerged well from the thick of things but the main danger to City was invariably caused by Tiatto.

Craig really rates him but I lost count of the times he gave away unnecessary free kicks thereby creating danger where there was none.

It only needed one to cost a goal and the match would have been lost.

He's rated as an all-action hard case but Steven Seagall types are my idea of hard cases - people who are cool but lethally effective. Tiatto plays football like a loose cannon and if CL can't pursuade him that ruthlessness and illegal agression are not necessarily the same then there's no point in playing him.

Kaamark was ruthless but always in control.

I agree with you Thracian. Both about macarthy and tiatto.

I should`ve mentioned macarthy`s game, it was good.

Tiatto has bags of enthusiasm, a 110%er, and yes its a bit misguided. I trust CL alot, and he must see tiatto doing the job thats needed. he must stop fauling, giving the ball away and distributing it better.

Another player that completely lost the plot today, dubs, he just cannot keep hold of the ball against tuffer opposition. At crucial moments, once he`d lost the ball, BANG, ipswich were on the attack, and were under pressure once again.

My biggest worry with regard to Tiatto was him messing up our passing game but he aclimatized to it very well and made some brilliant challenges to halt play when we needed to get back.

Paddy was the man today, him and Nils eric looked classy today although Forster and Parkin didnt cause many problems they still had to be switched on and alert.

Gilbert impressed me today, now he's got a 90mins under his belt from Tuesday he seems to be settling and showing us what he can do, he got forward more today and has a decent cross on him too.

Dion was inspirational when he came on as well, organised well and kept things together at set plays. Good move by CL.

Dion was inspirational when he came on as well, organised well and kept things together at set plays. Good move by CL.

156358[/snapback]

:blink::rolleyes::unsure::S:P:( <_< :huh:lollollol

He was rubbish. I lost my voice telling him to hold on to the ball. **dont give it away easy you idiot** was the cry!!

He may not have been fully fit, but that doesnt mean we should feell sorry for him, tell it like it is, he was awful, but a touch better infront of goal.

Explain to me what good things he did incase i blinked alot?

:blink:  :rolleyes:  :unsure:  :S  :P  :(  <_<  :huh:  lol  lol  lol

He was rubbish. I lost my voice telling him to hold on to the ball. **dont give it away easy you idiot** was the cry!!

He may not have been fully fit, but that doesnt mean we should feell sorry for him, tell it like it is, he was awful, but a touch better infront of goal.

156378[/snapback]

Actually I'm one of Dion's biggest critics and I thought that was one of his better contributions, he made a few good flick ons, was involved in several traingular passing movements and put the goalie and defence under pressure with a few 'serious' attempts (which I've not seen for a while) at heading.

Which just goes to prove we all see different things :D

A guy on the Fox site thought Momo was man of the match and a star to behold I thought, apart from a couple of nifty touches he was somewhat anonymous - so maybe it's me out of step with others. :):unsure:

I thought that was one of his better contributions, he made a few good flick ons, was involved in several traingular passing movements and put the goalie and defence under pressure with a few 'serious' attempts (which I've not seen for a while) at heading.

Which just goes to prove we all see different things  :D

156389[/snapback]

`flick ons`, gimme a break. WHO!!?? benefitted from then good flick ons?

The reason for his trianglier passing, was his boot laces, because he has to cross his legs to tie em up ;):Dlol

WHO (at 6ft 77, with vast experience) couldn`t put a school boy (ipswich sub goalie) under pressure, and again, what did it acheive?? `serious` lol

We sure do all see things differently lol

`flick ons`, gimme a break. WHO!!?? benefitted from then good flick ons?

The reason for his trianglier passing, was his boot laces, because he has to cross his legs to tie em up ;)  :D  lol

WHO (at 6ft 77, with vast experience) couldn`t put a school boy (ipswich sub goalie) under pressure, and again, what did it acheive?? `serious`  lol

We sure do all see things differently lol

156401[/snapback]

I note your exclusion of my context statement "Actually I'm one of Dion's biggest critics" not a very gentleman thing to do when quoting someone. It was part of my original statement for a reason.

Was it deliberate or just laziness? :unsure::unsure:

I note your exclusion of my context statement "Actually I'm one of Dion's biggest critics" not a very gentleman thing to do when quoting someone. It was part of my original statement for a reason.

Was it deliberate or just laziness? :unsure:  :unsure:

156406[/snapback]

Deliberate, because it had no bearing on what i was replying to.

:blink:  :rolleyes:  :unsure:  :S  :P  :(  <_<  :huh:  lol  lol  lol

156378[/snapback]

He held the ball up very well and looked for passes and made them, his throughball to Elvis to set up a crossing opportunity was superb also, we were flowing down the wings but had no one go in the box and challenge for the headers, this was just what Dion did having one effort superbly saved at the top corner from their keeper who had a blinder. That about covers it.

Actually I'm one of Dion's biggest critics and I thought that was one of his better contributions, he made a few good flick ons, was involved in several traingular passing movements and put the goalie and defence under pressure with a few 'serious' attempts (which I've not seen for a while) at heading.

Which just goes to prove we all see different things  :D

A guy on the Fox site thought Momo was man of the match and a star to behold I thought, apart from a couple of nifty touches he was somewhat anonymous - so maybe it's me out of step with others.  :)  :unsure:

156389[/snapback]

I totally agree with you. Dublin was his most dangerous i've seen him for as long as I can remember. We weren't making the breakthrough with de Vries upfront so Levein changed it and we nearly got those 3 points. Quality knock down in to the box for Williams, if he'd scored that then everybody would be after Dublin's plonker. I like the fact that Levein wasn't scared to change things, which he seemed reluctant to do last season.

Gilbert was excellent, i've given him the man of the match as I thought after the stick he's been given on here for his earlier performances he rose above it and played very steadily. Douglas looked safe as houses aswell.

Archived