Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Pegosteve

Our Greatest Achievement?

This certainly is the best team that I've ever seen in person - historically, as others have pointed out, it's a very good season, but not the greatest.

But the amount of records broken, the unity, the belief and the passion will have restored a lot of faith in the club. Let's build on that.

However, given the ramifications, the dire years before 2013/2014, the minor scandals, the financial and sportive rollercoaster we had to endure, it marks a high point in the club's history.

We should all cherish this moment and look forward to a couple of interesting and positive years ahead.

I think we can all now much more appreciate being back in the Premier League, having become a bit wiser following the heartaches and the disappointments and collectively, we shall act a bit more level-headed from here on perhaps.

The best team in the league is the one at the top after 46 games.

Whatever anyone says about other teams is only on paper but the game is played on grass.

So this season we are the best team in the league by far other than Burnley.

I don't see winning the 3rd tier title as a great achievement, yes it needed to be done and was achieved relatively easily but it was just an achievement it was also our lowest ever finish since we entered the FL in 1894.

I disagree. This was the point where we were at our lowest ebb. NP came in and made us a solid and well organised team literally over one summer. Ask cov and Forest how easy that division is.

I disagree. This was the point where we were at our lowest ebb. NP came in and made us a solid and well organised team literally over one summer. Ask cov and Forest how easy that division is.

I didn't say it wasn't an achievement, finishing in our lowest ever position is not a 'great' achievement  for me though.

I just see it as our lowest ever finish in my 50 years of following lcfc, I take no pride in it and certainly wouldn't ever brag about it.

1962/63 Ice kings take some beating all at the top tier

Even then losing the cup final and finishing 4th in the top tier was described as disappointing. 

How very well I remember that season. Our finest ever era.

As a sixteen year old, I was both proud and gutted. Weird feeling. So close to doing the double, and our best finish ever at the highest level, 

All we won in the end was masses of universal respect.

How very well I remember that season. Our finest ever era.

As a sixteen year old, I was both proud and gutted. Weird feeling. So close to doing the double, and our best finish ever at the highest level, 

All we won in the end was masses of universal respect.

I wasn't born until 1967 so  I won't argue with your verdict on the Ice Kings and 2 FA Cup Finals in three seasons was a fine achievement for the club.

However our best ever finish at the highest level came in the 1928/29 season, when we finished 2nd, just 1 point behind Sheffield Wednesday. Just 1 point more and we'd have won the League on goal average.

Archived