Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Head Honcho

England

Woo :) Just came back from holiday in Turkey and found out we won comprehensively. Would've liked to have seen the game. Sounds like Calamity James has finally played himself out of the squad...about time..

Well done, your lot deserved to win. They were up for it and we weren't.

Pity you've not played like that in games that REALLY matter. Otherwise you wouldn't be 4th in your group! :rolleyes:

Well done, your lot deserved to win.  They were up for it and we weren't.

Pity you've not played like that in games that REALLY matter. Otherwise you wouldn't be 4th in your group!  :rolleyes:

158160[/snapback]

Weve actually been consitently good ever since Euro 1996, so it was about time we had a little dip in form, and we had that this spring/summer. It seems it's already over though, and we should give Turkey a good game in the crunch meeting in September :)

So James recons he wasent ready to play for England....................Shame it took over 30 games to realise it. :unsure:

As for Sven.......hes had his chance and has not taken the England team anywhere except overseas. I am not bothered how much he gets paid as the position he holds needs to attract the best. Time to say goodbye. After all the team is not the only thing hes f u c k e d up is it! ;) <_<

MadMick

Given the choice between England's footbal and cricket teams, I know which one I'd rather watch.

This is the first time in 25 years or so Engalnd has conceded 4 games in a game. James had his part to play in this result, but ultimately so has the manager. I've heard his captain, and Calamity apologising and making excuses, but SGE has been a bit too quiet for me.

I'd like to thank the FA for falling for his little tricks when playing them off against Chelski, and signing him on a stupid contract which will no doubt bankrupt them if they terminate it, at the detriment of grass roots football, if they ever get rid of this plank.

It's timed you English realise you are no world beaters 1966 a long time ago and was a one off with all games played at Wembley with dodgy biased officials. At best you'll reach quarter finals next year and yes my country Scotland are bad. At least we admit it. Your International team is going the same way as ours with all Premier clubs being carried by superior foreign talent. Homegrown players are then shown up at international level.

It's timed you English realise you are no world beaters 1966 a long time ago and was a one off with all games played at Wembley with dodgy biased officials. At best you'll reach quarter finals next year and yes my country Scotland are bad. At least we admit it. Your International team is going the same way as ours with all Premier clubs being carried by superior foreign talent. Homegrown players are then shown up at international level.

158190[/snapback]

It's times like this I wish I was more Scottish; Scotland might be crap, but the fans keep their sense of humour.

So your saying that Ferdinand, Terry, A Cole, Lampard, Gerrard, SWP, Beckham, Rooney, Owen, J Cole aren't world class players? :rolleyes:

158201[/snapback]

Exactly, if we had a different manager who'd give them a bollocking then we'd do alot better, maybe not win it, but we'd go further than usual.

At the end of the day no English manager at present is as good a coach as Sven. The only criticism i've got of Eriksson last night was the long balls being played up to Owen, Rooney and Defoe all too often, they're not going to win any headers.

Otherwise the blame should lie with the players, no passion or committment, the first goal being a fine example as Ashley Cole was the only man tracking back after a poor free kick, leaving Rommedahl to just stroll in and tap it in. If they need a manager to motivate them before pulling on an England shirt they can **** off.

So your saying that Ferdinand, Terry, A Cole, Lampard, Gerrard, SWP, Beckham, Rooney, Owen, J Cole aren't world class players? :rolleyes:

158201[/snapback]

That is exactly what he is saying <_<

Only Rooney and Lampard could be considered 'world class', the rest are good but they most certainly ain't world class. And there in lies the problem of the English.

lol World beaters my arse, lol

No-one is saying we're world beaters, but we have some very good players which we should be doing a lot better in tournaments than we do.

158319[/snapback]

Yes they were, the press, supporters and the players.

Knuckle heads like Rooney and Ferdinand talking about playing in Germany when they haven't even qualified yet. The arrogance that goes along with England is mind boggling.

No decent GK.

1 very good defender and 2 good (Terry - Neville & Carragher)

1 world class midfielder (Lampard), 1 very good (Gerrard). The rest are reasonable at best. Beckham has done feck all for years and Cole has yet to prove he is nothing more than a highlight reel.

1 very good/world class striker (Rooney) the rest are laughable. Owen finished after France '98 and any player who is in to heavy gambling goes downhill.

That is nothing to write home about and secong phase qualification is the best that should be expected.

In this weeks "Nuts" 20,000 football players took part in FIFPro Awards to vote for the worlds top 55 players due to be shown on sky one next month.

Campbell, A.Cole, Ferdinand, Terry, Beckham, Gerrard, J.Cole, Scholes (retired), Lampard, Rooney were the england players included... :rolleyes:

others from premiership included... Cech, Carvalho, Heinze, Makelele, C.Ronaldo, Robben, Henry, Drogba, Crespo, Van Nistelrooy

In this weeks "Nuts" 20,000 football players took part in FIFPro Awards to vote for the worlds top 55 players due to be shown on sky one next month.

Campbell, A.Cole, Ferdinand, Terry, Beckham, Gerrard, J.Cole, Scholes (retired), Lampard, Rooney were the england players included...  :rolleyes:

others from premiership included... Cech, Carvalho, Heinze, Makelele, C.Ronaldo, Robben, Henry, Drogba, Crespo, Van Nistelrooy

158411[/snapback]

Beckham is world class, but does not show it anymore.

Joe Cole is too inconsistent to be world class.

C Ronaldo isn't world class yet, but he will when he's older and has learnt to cross the ball.

Drogba lol:P

Campbell, A.Cole, Ferdinand, Terry, Beckham, Gerrard, J.Cole, Scholes (retired), Lampard, Rooney were the england players included...  :rolleyes:

158411[/snapback]

lol No Owen, I wonder why.

Campbell hasn't played in nigh on 2 years

Ashley Cole can't defend

Ferdinand believes his own hype

Terry - close I'd agree

Beckham - lol

Gerrard - not consistent enough

Joe Cole - showboater, highlight reel

The other three I agree with :cool:

Drogba lollollol

These FIFA awards are rigged by the likes of Nike, Adidas and Puma it is all about marketing sadly, and that's the truth

All the English want is a team that is competitive like the cricketers at the moment who are showing passion and pride in playing for their country (or adopted country). This provides a great sporting spectacle that regardless if you win draw or lose your still talking about it months later. This current English football team couldn't give a s h i t. They are over paid multi millionaires who would be rendered unconscious if they showed any level of passion that the cricketers are doing at the moment. I agree Darth Fox they are below average and at best may be able to make a quarter final. It could change however by getting someone in as the manager who can actually lead people. A manager that can actually demand respect by having the guts to tell the over sensitive self believing sportsmen what to do instead of asking them what they want to do. I am afraid the players are protected and treated like some near distinct species rather than being dropped for below average and poor performances. Just look the our Goal keeping

Teams in the premiership below the top five or six are producing some great talent who will become the next bunch of English players but its up to them to make it at the top level. It depends on having the WILL to make it as against the want, just to make a few quid out of just playing the game we all love. Scottish Football needs more teams to step up and challenge the big two but this is not likely to happen as the field is to small. England has an opportunity with its bigger field but when you pay a manager 4 or 5 Million a year to perform in the way they have doesn't strike a lot of confidence in the system that is sadly lacking and doesn't give a s h i t about the grass root game.

MadMick

That is exactly what he is saying  <_<

Only Rooney and Lampard could be considered 'world class', the rest are good but they most certainly ain't world class.  And there in lies the problem of the English.

lol  World beaters my arse,  lol

158281[/snapback]

I see your point, but you're exagerrating a bit. Terry, Gerrard (Champions League anyone?) and Ashley are world class by today's standards. England have lacked genuine passion throughout the team and it results in a lack of concentration and cohesion. On paper, they should be amongst the 5-6 best teams in the world (but admittedly the same can be said about teams like Holland and Spain.)

All the English want is a team that is competitive like the cricketers at the moment who are showing passion and pride in playing for their country (or adopted country). This provides a great sporting spectacle that regardless if you win draw or lose your still talking about it months later. This current English football team couldn't give a s h i t. They are over paid multi millionaires who would be rendered unconscious if they showed any level of passion that the cricketers are doing at the moment. I agree Darth Fox they are below average and at best may be able to make a quarter final. It could change however by getting someone in as the manager who can actually lead people. A manager that can actually demand respect by having the guts to tell the over sensitive self believing sportsmen what to do instead of asking them what they want to do. I am afraid the players are protected and treated like some near distinct species rather than being dropped for below average and poor performances. Just look the our Goal keeping

Teams in the premiership below the top five or six are producing some great talent who will become the next bunch of English players but its up to them to make it at the top level. It depends on having the WILL to make it as against the want, just to make a few quid out of just playing the game we all love. Scottish Football needs more teams to step up and challenge the big two but this is not likely to happen as the field is to small. England has an opportunity with its bigger field but when you pay a manager 4 or 5 Million a year to perform in the way they have doesn't strike a lot of confidence in the system that is sadly lacking and doesn't give a s h i t about the grass root game.

MadMick

158743[/snapback]

Thank you.

If you're earning £120k a week, would you care if you have a crap game? No.

Money is killing the game.

Archived