Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

Sven: In or Out

If you had the option of getting rid of Sven now, would you keep him or sack him?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. If you had the option of getting rid of Sven now, would you keep him or sack him?

• Keep Him
    • Sack Him

sven just takes the credit for english victories that at times are impossible to lose.
What?  Like the 5-1 in Germany?

Or the 1-0 against Argentina?

158974[/snapback]

think no is the word i'm after

If you read the thread bud, you will see that some have wanted him replaced before Weds night!

158993[/snapback]

Well you know I love a good old ding dong Katassi ole stick, but are we really going to worry when we breeze through the Quals and Win the WC, friendlies, shmendlies! ;)

There are plenty of managers with a lot more nouse than him. Louise mentioned Sam Allardyce, good man manager, is tactically aware and passionate, demonstrative on the sidelines, takes no shit to name but a few qualities. 

158991[/snapback]

Sam Allardyce has won jack at the top level and is a Graham Taylor mark 2.

The current bunch of players would never respect him.

159007[/snapback]

I think I like the cut of yer jib young Ultra! :D

We only lost a bloomin friendly now everyone is on Svens case  :o  :thumbdown:

158700[/snapback]

I've been on Sven's case for years. He's too scared to try anything new properly. Instead he just makes loads of changes and none of the new players get a chance to play in the proper England team, just some second string so they never get a chance to prove themselves. Why is Hargreaves still in the team? Why was James ever in the team? Why Phil Neville? And IMO England can't move forward until Beck's is left out. Thompson was never given a proper chance and Andy Johnson's debut was fvcked up last season. England play completely uninspiring football under Sven. It's oh so boring to watch.

Well you know I love a good old ding dong Katassi ole stick, but are we really going to worry when we breeze through the Quals and Win the WC, friendlies, shmendlies!  ;)

159006[/snapback]

Lets just see shall we and the mood im in today, we'll see who loves a good ding dong.

159007[/snapback]

I dont think the players respect Sven, matters not whether hes won anything and hes far from being Graham Taylor mk 2.

Can you see anyone disrespecting Sam and getting away with it? :nono:

Lets just see shall we and the mood im in today, we'll see who loves a good ding dong.

I dont think the players respect Sven, matters not whether hes won anything and hes far from being Graham Taylor mk 2.

Can you see anyone disrespecting Sam and getting away with it?  :nono:

159038[/snapback]

You dont scare me you big meany! :ermm:

I ll get me coat! ;)

Its quite amazing to read the opinions of people on this, there is absolutely no inbetween with this. People either want to keep him and are blasting the ones who don't, or people want his sacked and blast the ones who want to keep him. No wonder the country is split!

I've just been doing some research on the FOXES' record in friendlies during the O'Neill era.

Did you know that in these games we lost to Torquay (TWICE!), Wycombe and Port Vale, among others?

It's a pretty shocking revelation, but ultimately irrelevant when we assess the great man's record in games that REALLY mattered.

So why should we adopt a different approach when considering England and Sven?

His record in competitive matches is excellent and until that changes, we should stick with him.

Keep him and let him do what he can at the world cup, which we will qualify for. If it is a poor performance then sack him, even if it does cost millions. To put someone new in now would just disrupt the whole team and setup. We have a great side but have to shake the image and mindset of quarter final bottlers. We are currently 4th favourites for the World Cup which would suggest we should make atleast the semi finals. Sven is a very good coach but my main problem with him is the lack of plan B. When we go behind we tend to stay behind. He needs to have some backup plan.

For the people who want a passionate English coach put in the only choices from the premiership are Allardyce, Pearce or Robson. All decent enough managers but have any of them really done something to warrant being England coach? Out of those Sam would be the choice but i don't really think he is England calibre. Possibly, if he is successful at club level, Pearce could do the job in the future.

Wait until after the world cup, where if we win Sven will be heralded as a god, and if we do badly give the job to O'Neill (if he would take it).

I wouldn't list that as a failure. The last time we played you was at Filbert Street and it was a one all draw. Haha!

159239[/snapback]

That was the last competitive fixture, a league match in February 1996.

As I recall, O'Neill was left in no doubt exactly what the FOXES faithful thought of that result...

And that's another reason why we should be cautious over Sven.

Incidentally, I note that the tabloids are again starting to put the knife into him over his private life.

This is out of order and won't help the team at all!

People who say that we are overreacting to this defeat and want Sven out simply because of this one result are clearly missing the point.

Us critics have disliked Sven for a long time, see Scarby's old thread.

What good is getting to the quarters with the squad we have? We should reach the semis at least with the players at our disposal, and we have got into positions where we are leading in the quarter finals only to bottle it. Leading 1-0 against both Brazil and Portugal only to throw it away, and against a 10 man Brazil.

We struggled against Brazil and Portugal because we were unable to keep the ball.

This flaw arises because of the way players are taught in club football, from youth level onwards.

Until we deal with this, we will always have problems at the highest level of international football, no matter who the manager is.

i think hes doign a great job and i hope england lose against poland so poland get 1st in the group....koz england r shit and dont deserve 2 be in the wc. poland are loads better and we will be there in 2006

160134[/snapback]

how can you even say poland are better than us they arnt have never bin and will never be england will win the world cup in 2006 mark my words you heard it hear first

Archived