Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

Sven: In or Out

If you had the option of getting rid of Sven now, would you keep him or sack him?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. If you had the option of getting rid of Sven now, would you keep him or sack him?

• Keep Him
    • Sack Him

Why would people want him sacked?! Friendlies don't mean anything. He's never lost a qualifier! Enough said.

159908[/snapback]

Wow, he's not lost a game against the minnows of Liechenstein, Macedonia, Austria, Northern Ireland, Wales, and the like. The only half decent team which we have played in the qualifiers under Sven is Turkey.

It's not about losing or not losing games in the qualifiers. I'd expect any half decent manager to get England to the major tournaments with the players we have. It's about how well we perform at the tournaments that counts, and twice we have bottled in under Sven. He has shown himself to be unable to make the right changes at the right times in the crucial games, and that's what counts.

That's why I want him out.

Oh, and Phil Neville and Owen Hargreaves are never international class players.

Wow, he's not lost a game against the minnows of Liechenstein, Macedonia, Austria, Northern Ireland, Wales, and the like. The only half decent team which we have played in the qualifiers under Sven is Turkey.

160411[/snapback]

What about Germany and Greece?

By the way, did anyone see the Bolton-Everton yesterday on Sky? Bolton went route one for the entire game. There was more hoof on display than at the Grand National!

Not the tactics I'd like to see from our national side. As I said previously, Sam Allardyce is a Graham Taylor mark 2!

guys, anish is right, face it

160744[/snapback]

No he isn't. We've won the World Cup once. In 1966! It's not an easy job! He's doing a fine job and i think we would be stupid to sack him. We should judge him on qualifiers and proper tournaments, not friendlies.

Is this debate still going on...

Well as football fans are the most fickle bunch of to55ers in the world, I will again say KEEP HIM.

Ok, so some of you have said that he can't get us past the 1/4 finals.

I dont think thats terrible, sure We have deserved better and often gone down to dodgy decisions etc , but its easy to say "Oh Mr X would have done better and WOULD do better!"

How the Feclching boloooks do you really know that?

There is little or no point in ripping a manager out of Intl Job whilst preparing for a major tournament, especially as close as we are.. Not unless there was a revolt in the dressing room, which clearly there isn't.

Can I just ask why in the past 39 years we havent won a major trophy?

Oh yeas, I know its Svens fault, hang on that can't be right.... Pity that you guys werent in charge on the England Management Selection over that period of time, we would have been bound to have won it... after all by your reckoning you would have sacked everyone of them and replaced them with someone of your choice.

I bow to your expertise in management selection, after all most of us on here must have loads of experience in selection ... after all CM2005 is out isnt it?

Wake up and have a lung full of the Starbucks people.

:ph34r:

I bow to your expertise in management selection, after all most of us on here must have loads of experience in selection ... after all CM2005 is out isnt it?

163190[/snapback]

You've been talking to Carl again. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Please disregard EVERYTHING I have previously written in this thread.

I could not believe that with all the talent at our disposal, we could possibly lose to a bunch of lower-league no-hopers like Northern Ireland.

But Sven has managed it. Tonight's performance was an act of monumental ineptitude even the FOXES haven't managed in the past 30 years, not even in the Harlow and Wycombe games!

The last England boss to lose a World Cup qualifier (and against a team infinitely better than the six counties) had the humility to admit live on TV he wasn't up to the job, and resigned within the hour. Shame Sven could not have followed his example.

And Beckham should NEVER be allowed to wear the captain's armband again. He was completely out of his depth tonight. It was easy to see why Real have won jack since he moved there. Like too many of the galacticos there, he's put himself before the interests of the team. And how we have suffered for it!

Too many others (Ashley Cole, Ferdinand, Lampard and Gerrard spring to mind) showed a complete lack of commitment and motivation that would never be tolerated at their clubs.

These lazy, greedy parasites have under-performed for too long. And Sven is guilty of letting them get away with it.

Tonight the chickens came home to roost big-time.

Get Sven out NOW before he does further damage to our game!

I could not believe that with all the talent at our disposal, we could possibly lose to a bunch of lower-league no-hopers like Northern Ireland.

But Sven has managed it. Tonight's performance was an act of monumental ineptitude even the FOXES haven't managed in the past 30 years, not even in the Harlow and Wycombe games!

The last England boss to lose a World Cup qualifier (and against a team infinitely better than the six counties) had the humility to admit live on TV he wasn't up to the job, and resigned within the hour. Shame Sven could not have followed his example.

And Beckham should NEVER be allowed to wear the captain's armband again. He was completely out of his depth tonight. It was easy to see why Real have won jack since he moved there. Like too many of the galacticos there, he's put himself before the interests of the team. And how we have suffered for it!

Too many others (Ashley Cole, Ferdinand, Lampard and Gerrard spring to mind) showed a complete lack of commitment and motivation that would never be tolerated at their clubs.

These lazy, greedy parasites have under-performed for too long. And Sven is guilty of letting them get away with it.

Oh the joys of hindsight :thumbup:

Well at least one person has changed their tune and realised how bad Sven is. I applaud you Ultra.

Anybody else care to change their minds or defend Sven for that matter?

Up to now 47 per cent want to keep the Mr Magic of football entertainment and commitment.

Forty seven per cent of you want to retain a man who can make world class footballers perform like thoughtless automata.

It's like saying toothache is good for the soul.

Personally I wish he'd sod off and get a job on as a ticket inspector on the railways which is about as boring as he is.

Stuart Pearce would do for me. I don't think anyone would go out in the wrong frame of mind or unsure of what's required of them - and God help em if they did.

Tactics do come into football but first and foremost football comes from the heart - as the Irish demonstrated in glorious technicolour.

So whats your thinking now then?!?!?!?

Good one Sven, bringing a defensive midfielder on to defend a 1-0 DEFICIT! Brilliant! Tactical genius!

:doh::wave::frusty::banghead::englandsmile4wf: :sleeping:

Yes and did you see what wonderful skills he had to offer. First touch like a basketball's rebound board, six touches where one was wanted. It's a wonder he didn't cost us a goal never mind help us get one. At least we know we've all got a chance of an England call if Hargreaves is the standard required.l

I can understand your frustration but you're a bit like Rooney. You're letting your heart dictate to your head.

Beckham was one of the few pluses on the pitch from an England point of view, forever spreading decent,

attacking passes and being a hair's breadth from a spectacular goal from a free kick.

It was the same against Wales - he was always involved and most of his delivery was spot on. He tries and tries. Nor would I ever call Lampard and Gerrard lazy.

No Sven had tried to fit the system to the players instead of formulating a balanced attack-oriented style and playing in the simple way that comes naturally when people are playing in positions they are familiar and comfortable with.

This shows what he demonstrates in every facet of his life and demeanour - he's weak. He showed as much with Rooney too. He was another who allowed his understandable frustration to get the better of him and had I been his boss he'd have been off the field before half-time.

The blame for this debacle lies squarely on Sven's shoulders. It was a stupid system with the players at his disposal and the opposition he was facing and if some of the players suggested it then Sven was even more weak and stupid for being persuaded.

So whats your thinking now then?!?!?!?

Good one Sven, bringing a defensive midfielder on to defend a 1-0 DEFICIT! Brilliant! Tactical genius!

:doh::wave::frusty::banghead::englandsmile4wf: :sleeping:

:ph34r: Sniff sob!

Well gotta say I am shocked that he hasn't learnt from his previous mistakes!

I do think that a lot of the fault lies at the feet of the players, but his formations and tactics the last couple fo weeks have been frankly appalling!

Ah well, I hate to join in with the hate campaigns and wont do, but I beleive that he may have shot his bolt....

:(

I still wouldnt sack him but i would tell him that he needs to manage the squad and NOT let ponse Mclaren and Beckham manage it! Beckham, although captain needs to concentrate on playing the way Sven wants him to play and not have much influence on how the team plays.

But Sven needs to get his act together and take control. He needs to be more vocal and asertive!

I still wouldnt sack him but i would tell him that he needs to manage the squad and NOT let ponse Mclaren and Beckham manage it! Beckham, although captain needs to concentrate on playing the way Sven wants him to play and not have much influence on how the team plays.

But Sven needs to get his act together and take control. He needs to be more vocal and asertive!

most sensible post I have heard today well said Hitesh my man! :thumbup:

Archived