Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

Sven: In or Out

If you had the option of getting rid of Sven now, would you keep him or sack him?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. If you had the option of getting rid of Sven now, would you keep him or sack him?

• Keep Him
    • Sack Him

I think I would keep him, at least until after the world cup, his record in competitive matches is what's important and whilst he hasn't got a clue how to make use of friendlies, to have a manager with that record in competitive matches is not something to turn your nose up at. In my opinion anyway.

Sack him.

Overrated manager. The players love him but we can't get further than the quarters of any tournament under him. Negative tactics at the wrong time, and his substitutions are usually woeful.

Only one answer... why the fulch would you change him, he is our best hope for real tangible success.

I still totally, honestly and vehemently believe that we will WIN the World cup, we have the best squad of players who are the best in theor position, barring the goalkeeper, it dismays me that he has backed Calamity for so long when clearly he is not the man for the job, but look at his options, Kirkland not fit, Green and Robinson are probably the next best, but they need to get in NOW and play as many games as possible, is it too late? praps not...

Sven is a top world class manager, and whilst we as leicester fans love the "heart on the sleeve", touchline jumping, vocal, passion of MON etc. We are talking about a man who has a vast knowledge and the players respect him.

What are the alternatives? Big Sam? No ta, done well for Bolton but not England material ..yet! He hasnt experienced Winning anything, I believe that to be vital, knowing the formula for success ... take Fabio Capello for example.. one or two dodgy seasons but pretty much everywhere he goes he gets top class results, Iam not saying HE should be England Manager, but when they chose Sven, thats why they chose him. :mellow:

Im sorry but ive never rated Sven and never wanted him as England manager. He hasnt got what it takes to do the business for us. Now it seems we are stuck with him as he has the FA held to ransom regarding his contract.

Well done the FA, im glad you know what you are doing! :thumbup::rolleyes:

Out. Never wanted him in the first place. Scandalous that the national team can't find an British coach.

However, had he been brilliant, inspired, exciting, passionate (in hios football life!) I could have put up with him.

He's not. In fact he's f.....g insipid. He might have the reputation as a ladies man but to me he's got as much "up and at em" as a flacid cock.

Now if MON would do the job...

Ok. Some reasons I want Sven out:

1. He has no Plan B. When something goes wrong in a match he doesn't know what to do.

2. He can't command the players (the recent strike threats etc.)

3. He has devalued the idea of an England cap.

4. He picks players on things they achieved years ago, not on recent form.

5. He picks players then chooses the formation, rather than the other way around. Because of this despite the fact that we have a midfield with strength and depth in the squad when it actually plays together it gets overrun. (The idea of playing Beckham, Lampard and Gerrard together).

6. He has had years to figure this all out but instead of doing his job prefers to be paid £5 million a year for going to football matches and shagging PAs.

It's not just about passion on the touchline, which of course would help, I think he's completely tactically inept. We do have one of the best squads in the world but Sven doesn't know what to do with it, and we won't win anything with him in charge. Sam Allardyce would be one of my choices for England manager.

I'm shocked that people can even consider getting rid of Sven now.

Wednesday night's result and second-half performance were indeed poor, but we've had setbacks like this before. For example, in August 2001 we lost 2-0 at home to the Dutch, yet in the next game we went to Germany and we all remember what happened there! :D

Who was England's best player in Denmark? Wayne Rooney, a player who under several previous bosses would have been left to kick his heels in the under 21's (and with Turnip in charge there, who knows what damage may have been done to him?)

We have a starting 11 which, when motivated (and fit), are capable of beating ANY team in the world, even Brazil!

Yes, we need a new captain, either Terry or Gerrard would do.

Yes, we still need a decent left-sided player in midfield.

But we still have enough quality to see off the Welsh and the Poles. If we don't, THEN will be the time to review Sven's position!

We're talking about a man who when his ability was questioned conveniently used AN Other to play off the FA to secure himself a lucrative contract with a whopping payout. The fact the FA fell for it gives me no confidence in them at all.

Watching England is like watching City under Adams. I had serious doubts during the promotion season, only to be put into my place by people. I have the same doubts now with regards to England.

I'm waiting for Sven to prove me wrong. I would love to be wrong. But I don't think so.

I'm shocked that people can even consider getting rid of Sven now.

Wednesday night's result and second-half performance were indeed poor, but we've had setbacks like this before.  For example, in August 2001 we lost 2-0 at home to the Dutch, yet in the next game we went to Germany and we all remember what happened there!  :D

Who was England's best player in Denmark?  Wayne Rooney, a player who under several previous bosses would have been left to kick his heels in the under 21's (and with Turnip in charge there, who knows what damage may have been done to him?)

We have a starting 11 which, when motivated (and fit), are capable of beating ANY team in the world, even Brazil! 

Yes, we need a new captain, either Terry or Gerrard would do.

Yes, we still need a decent left-sided player in midfield.

But we still have enough quality to see off the Welsh and the Poles.  If we don't, THEN will be the time to review Sven's position!

158900[/snapback]

We should have got rid along time before now!

i'd get rid, at international level you have so much less to do with players. You have a group of lads with the same nationality, the same sort of background and a collectiveness of playing the same style football in the premiership. Sven is just lucky he has a very decent squad, i feel any top manager could equal his achievements. So i would stick in another man, preferably english, at worse we would see the same status we currently have competitively, i think i could choose the first 11 and tell them to win a game, not bad for a bloody big salary. It is the club managers that train the players, keep them fit, look after and nurture them, sven just takes the credit for english victories that at times are impossible to lose.

Keep him. At least until the World Cup! It would be hard to get a new man in now and do a better job than Sven would do.

158971[/snapback]

well controversial as I like to be....

We have tried the fans choices, El Tel, Keegan and Hoddle..... hmmmmm

Sam has done nothing to warrant England Management, and so what do we do change now?

Ludicrous, there must be a handful of games between now and the WC, so someone comes in unsettles the Management, coaching, team status quo and what if it doesnt work... at leaset with Sven he has a core team that he will tweak, OK so he plays 50 different players in Friendlies, up to him to be fair, but in competitive games, he is pretty near the mark, and knows who he wants, changing the structure now would be a far greater risk than keeping him, there are two games between Quarter finals and the Final, and only 4 teams make semis.

Relax it will be fine and I put my ass on the line again and say WE WILL WIN IT!

;)

And who would you have got as a replacement?

158965[/snapback]

There are plenty of managers with a lot more nouse than him. Louise mentioned Sam Allardyce, good man manager, is tactically aware and passionate, demonstrative on the sidelines, takes no shit to name but a few qualities. Like I said though the FA cant sack him even if they wanted to, their hands are tied and its their own fault! He wont walk because he knows hes set for life.

you english really are a fickle bunch!

one bad result and you want him sacked :ermm:

simple solution is keep rab the brickies long lost borther out of goals

158982[/snapback]

If you read the thread bud, you will see that some have wanted him replaced before Weds night!

Archived