Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Chris Wood to Wolves?

People are quick to assume that because he's 3 inches taller than Nugent, Wood should be percieved as a typical target-man. He's not a target man. He's a goal scorer. His strengths are not in the air. His strengths are working with the ball at his feet.

Yeah, he should possibly be a bit more physical but I think there's more to it than that... Was he not playing with an injury for most of last season?

I'd agree with this but his performance against Burnley certainly made me think he's capable of playing as a target man. It's frustrating because there doesn't seem to be much reason why he couldn't have done that in other games, all he did was put himself about and it was pretty effective.

When we first got Wood, we played to his strengths and he scored 6 in 6, but since the small injury and the Huddersfield game last february he hasn't been the same. Personally, I'd give him a chance, and if used right I believe he'll be better than Nugent would be in the Prem

Archived