Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Chris Wood to Wolves?

We are willing to let him go according to the Wolves end provided we get our targets upfront

Meanwhile, as Wolves continued to pursue Maguire, they will have to play a waiting game in any transfer chase for Leicester striker Chris Wood.

Sources have indicated that the newly-promoted Premier League outfit want to complete their incoming business before allowing anyone to leave.

They have bid £1m for Cardiff striker Fraizer Campbell and have had three offers rejected for Brighton’s Argentinian marksman Leonardo Ulloa, while David Nugent is out of contract.

Former Albion striker Wood, who has two years left on his contract, has a confirmed admirer in Wolves head coach Kenny Jackett.

The 22-year-old Kiwi scored 11 goals in 19 games for Jackett’s Millwall from September 2012 to December 2012 before being snapped up by Leicester for £2m in January 2013 from the Baggies.

He has since bagged 13 goals in 46 League games but 20 of those have been as a substitute.

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2014/06/06/wolves-set-for-third-bid-for-sheffield-united-defender/

It doesn't say we would let him go at all. Just says we would not consider letting any player leave until we sort out our incomings.

That doesn't mean Wood is a player we would be prepared to let leave.

Personal opinion. Whether through lack of confidence or ability he looked distinctly average in the Championship last season so personally I can't see him making the next grade.

Thats fair enough i just dont see why you wouldnt want to give him at least a chance. Never really got upto match fitness last season due to lack of gametime. His injury didnt help and with Vardy n Nugent playing so well he was always going to struggle to break back into the squad, especially when we were undefeated.

For me he gives us a different option if things arent working out and lets not forget he is still only 22. For me a much better option would be to keep him and fight for his place but if he was to go then go on loan and get some gametime under his belt.

Thats fair enough i just dont see why you wouldnt want to give him at least a chance. Never really got upto match fitness last season due to lack of gametime. His injury didnt help and with Vardy n Nugent playing so well he was always going to struggle to break back into the squad, especially when we were undefeated.

For me he gives us a different option if things arent working out and lets not forget he is still only 22. For me a much better option would be to keep him and fight for his place but if he was to go then go on loan and get some gametime under his belt.

Again fair enough, a forum is all about personal opinions. For what it's worth, I would love to see Wood prove me wrong if he stays and with the Nugent situation as it is he may well be a big part of NP's plans

He scored 22 goals the season before last as a regular starter. He's 5 years younger than Ulloa. On that basis nothing less than 5 million.

Obviously that won't happen but when do we ever get decent money for someone? The last time I can remember was Connolly when Wigan paid over the odds.

Straight swap for Sako? Not totally convinced he'd be Prem class but Wood definitely isn't so worth a punt!

I would be all for this actually, I personally think we need 1 more winger & im sure Sako would be hungry to prove himself in the premier league. However we would need to pay a sum aswell as Chris Wood if we are to get him! His wage demands shouldnt be to commanding either. 

I would be all for this actually, I personally think we need 1 more winger & im sure Sako would be hungry to prove himself in the premier league. However we would need to pay a sum aswell as Chris Wood if we are to get him! His wage demands shouldnt be to commanding either. 

We are probably gonna play 4-2-3-1, so how many wingers do you want. With a big man up front, the three behind will be chosen from Vardy, Nuge and or Campbell maybe, Knocky, Mahrez, Albrighton, GTF, maybe King. Another winger, I think maybe not. Also got Jeff as well

Wood is a top top striker I would not let him go for anything if he starts every game he will get more than nugent , but nugent has the workhorse ability and that's priceless keep wood, don't get ulloa wood is way better

I agree , he needs a feed player behind him

I believe Wood to be a decent Championship player.

And that's it.

Same with GTF.

We need more quality in the strike force or, I fear, we are going to be going into October/December time saying that we don't have enough firepower up front.

Nuge and Vardy may be ok. We need better quality options.

I hope I'm wrong but I suggest that going into the Prem will periodically reveal the correct level of Wood and GTF.

Ie. They aren't good enough for the top flight.

Archived