Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Chris Wood to Wolves?

Can foresee this happening if we bring in Campbell as well as a target man.

City striker Chris Wood, meanwhile, is believed to be the subject of interest from Wolves.

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-City-hold-talks-Cardiff-striker-Frazier/story-21193854-detail/story.html?#ixzz33mRUtS81
Read more at http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-City-hold-talks-Cardiff-striker-Frazier/story-21193854-detail/story.html?#aPx2mpUJQgiIGBIS.99

If it's a loan I think it'd be good for us, Wolves, and Wood. Can't see him being quite up to Prem standard yet and don't really think he suits the style of play this team has adopted; there's definitely some potential there and Jackett got him on fire at Millwall, they're a good club who I expect to be challenging next season - be great this.

Don't want him offing permanently just yet though.

Whatever happens next season, I'd love to see Wood given a chance to start. Wherever that may be. I believe we should keep him on our books and loan him out on a regular basis.

He has his critics, and I'm not always convinced by his effort in general. But he's shown glimpses of genius and at age 22, can only get better.

A move one level back down can't do no harm.

It's easy to be ultra critical of Chris Wood because of Nugent and Vardy's excellent form. He's had no chance of breaking into the team because the other two have been too good. I reckon Chris Wood would have got in to nearly any Championship team last season. We have so much strength in depth. It's crazy!

Chris Woods has a real strikers confidence and instincts but lacks the touch and guile of Nugent. But he's still very young and should only get better if he's willing to work hard and especially with KPs coaching. Also the development Squad will be playing Utd, city, arsenal, etc which means he'll get plenty of opportunity to show his progress as opposed to just sitting on the bench. I will always remember his stunning Goal against Burnley which clinched the result for us.

No I would prefer if he stayed got his head down and worked hard then when his opportunity arrives he'll be well ready to take it. A bit like Vardy this season.

Chris Woods has a real strikers confidence and instincts but lacks the touch and guile of Nugent. But he's still very young and should only get better if he's willing to work hard and especially with KPs coaching. Also the development Squad will be playing Utd, city, arsenal, etc which means he'll get plenty of opportunity to show his progress as opposed to just sitting on the bench. I will always remember his stunning Goal against Burnley which clinched the result for us.

No I would prefer if he stayed got his head down and worked hard then when his opportunity arrives he'll be well ready to take it. A bit like Vardy this season.

Looking at your display name, I thought you would be able to correctly name one of our players.

I wouldn't let him go permanently just yet but a loan deal could do him the world of good. It's easy to forget how young he is and when you consider how he played when he first arrived he's clearly got a great deal of potential.

Would be a great signing for any team in The Championship.

His long term injury last season has really set him back and he's just fallen through the squad as a result. I think a loan till January might be beneficial and use GTF and Hopper as a 5/6th choice forwards behind Nugent, Vardy and the two new strikers we seem to be in the market for. Then we can take stock in Janaury and perhaps bring Wood back into the fold for the second half of the season.

The guys talented and if we let him go we have not even got close to maximising his potential and would be disappointing for both the player and the club. A little bit of consistent playing time would help him enormously.

Loans probably best, as hes done a good job when required this year, flashes of brilliance and luck (Burnley and Watford respectfully).

I personally think that he isn't the "target man" people make him out to be though, his challenging for headers is pretty terrible/non-exsistant from long balls, but as others have said, hes only 21-22 so hold onto him.

We are willing to let him go according to the Wolves end provided we get our targets upfront

Meanwhile, as Wolves continued to pursue Maguire, they will have to play a waiting game in any transfer chase for Leicester striker Chris Wood.

Sources have indicated that the newly-promoted Premier League outfit want to complete their incoming business before allowing anyone to leave.

They have bid £1m for Cardiff striker Fraizer Campbell and have had three offers rejected for Brighton’s Argentinian marksman Leonardo Ulloa, while David Nugent is out of contract.

Former Albion striker Wood, who has two years left on his contract, has a confirmed admirer in Wolves head coach Kenny Jackett.

The 22-year-old Kiwi scored 11 goals in 19 games for Jackett’s Millwall from September 2012 to December 2012 before being snapped up by Leicester for £2m in January 2013 from the Baggies.

He has since bagged 13 goals in 46 League games but 20 of those have been as a substitute.

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2014/06/06/wolves-set-for-third-bid-for-sheffield-united-defender/

Archived