Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot Posted 8 July 2014 Posted 8 July 2014 I don't know what it is exactly, but there is just something so incredibly infectious about the man. He's probably the funniest as well as the most likeable man in sport.
Thracian Posted 8 July 2014 Posted 8 July 2014 Bobby Robson when he was around. Loved reading his autobiography too. A genuinely cracking guy.
Thracian Posted 8 July 2014 Posted 8 July 2014 From a different era, of those I met, played against and/or spoke with at length, my top few would be, Sir Bobby Robson, Bill Shankly, Barry Sheene, Jonah Barrington, Qamar Zaman, Stuart Courtney, Eric Worthington (Australian FA national coach) Dave "Boy" Green (light welterweight boxer) together with his manager Andy Smith, the legendary boxing referee Harry Gibbs and Grand Prix driver Gunnar Nilsson. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_Sheene http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonah_Barrington_(squash_player) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qamar_Zaman http://www.herts-squash.org.uk/resign.htm http://www.abc.net.au/news/2006-11-17/former-aust-coach-eric-worthington-dies-at-80/1312756 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Boy_Green http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Gibbs_(referee) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunnar_Nilsson
The Horse's Mouth Posted 8 July 2014 Posted 8 July 2014 Jose Mourinho Well this thread has gone very Tennis based. So I'll say Sabine Lisicki. Good shout lad
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.