foxfanazer Posted 28 June 2014 Posted 28 June 2014 Got to be Djokovic for me! True professional and a great sense of humour. Just seems like a genuinely nice bloke.
marko Posted 28 June 2014 Posted 28 June 2014 Djokovic for me too. I met him straight after he came off Centre Court after the 2nd round last year and he was a top bloke - friendly, generous with his time and humorous.
foxfanazer Posted 28 June 2014 Author Posted 28 June 2014 Andy Murray....A couple of years ago I'd have disagreed with you but he does seem a nice guy to be fair. I do admire the work he puts in to keep in touch with the elite players
ousefox Posted 28 June 2014 Posted 28 June 2014 Bobby Robson when he was around. Loved reading his autobiography too.
Jimothy Posted 28 June 2014 Posted 28 June 2014 Just watching a piece the BBC have done on Andy Murray's Wimbledon win. Djokovic pretty much said although he was disappointed to lose he was so happy for Andy, knew how much it meant to Britain and was pleased to play his part in that moment of history. Gracious in defeat and victory. And like you say a funny guy. That pisstake of Sharapova's hair thing he did was brilliant.
Matt Posted 28 June 2014 Posted 28 June 2014 A couple of years ago I'd have disagreed with you but he does seem a nice guy to be fair. I do admire the work he puts in to keep in touch with the elite players I was being sarcastic tbh. Luis Suarez?
foxfanazer Posted 28 June 2014 Author Posted 28 June 2014 Just watching a piece the BBC have done on Andy Murray's Wimbledon win. Djokovic pretty much said although he was disappointed to lose he was so happy for Andy, knew how much it meant to Britain and was pleased to play his part in that moment of history. Gracious in defeat and victory. And like you say a funny guy. That pisstake of Sharapova's hair thing he did was brilliant.Yeah I was watching it just then, he did seem genuinely chuffed for Murray despite his own disapointment. I liked it when he let that ball boy sit with him and have a drink at Roland Garros
foxfanazer Posted 28 June 2014 Author Posted 28 June 2014 I was being sarcastic tbh. Luis Suarez? You swine!
Jimothy Posted 28 June 2014 Posted 28 June 2014 A couple of years ago I'd have disagreed with you but he does seem a nice guy to be fair. I do admire the work he puts in to keep in touch with the elite players Don't bother mate. I remember from last year, Matt doesn't really like tennis, doesn't really watch tennis, and basically had no interest in the sport at all. But has very strong opinions on Murray, even though he doesn't watch him play, never sees him interviewed etc. he's made his mind up on Murray, no matter how ill informed, you'll never change it.
foxes_rule1978 Posted 28 June 2014 Posted 28 June 2014 Murray is a real nice guy, got great respect for his opponents and his interviews have got a lot better, he has a great sense of humour. The better and older he has got the more likeable he has become. Just grown and looks and acts every bit the champion he is
Matt Posted 28 June 2014 Posted 28 June 2014 Don't bother mate. I remember from last year, Matt doesn't really like tennis, doesn't really watch tennis, and basically had no interest in the sport at all. But has very strong opinions on Murray, even though he doesn't watch him play, never sees him interviewed etc. he's made his mind up on Murray, no matter how ill informed, you'll never change it. Oh I do, Can't get away from it during these 2 bastard weeks of the year. I'll be fair, i'll give balance, he's got better i'll give him that, he's still a monotone, boring, easily dislikeable, miserable bastard though, better than he was i'll give him that though.
foxes_rule1978 Posted 28 June 2014 Posted 28 June 2014 Oh I do, Can't get away from it during these 2 bastard weeks of the year. Tennis is played all year, and Murray is featured quite a lot over the whole tennis season. You have just made your opinion of him when he was just a kid and can't seem to see past that despite how much improved he has become...
foxfanazer Posted 28 June 2014 Author Posted 28 June 2014 Don't bother mate. I remember from last year, Matt doesn't really like tennis, doesn't really watch tennis, and basically had no interest in the sport at all. But has very strong opinions on Murray, even though he doesn't watch him play, never sees him interviewed etc. he's made his mind up on Murray, no matter how ill informed, you'll never change it.To be honest I'm not much of a tennis boffin, I just enjoy watching it. I have to admit I never really took to Murray and still wouldn't consider myself a fan of his but I'm glad he won wimbledon and I do think he's a very good player
foxes_rule1978 Posted 28 June 2014 Posted 28 June 2014 To be honest I'm not much of a tennis boffin, I just enjoy watching it. I have to admit I never really took to Murray and still wouldn't consider myself a fan of his but I'm glad he won wimbledon and I do think he's a very good player Very good, he is a great player... anyone who has won Wimbledon and the US open along with multiple masters titles is better than very good
Matt Posted 28 June 2014 Posted 28 June 2014 Tennis is played all year, and Murray is featured quite a lot over the whole tennis season. You have just made your opinion of him when he was just a kid and can't seem to see past that despite how much improved he has become... Correct it is, I don't believe I have said it isn't, all I have said is you can't get away from the news/people jumping on the Murray bandwagon during these 2 weeks of the year.
Jimothy Posted 28 June 2014 Posted 28 June 2014 Oh I do, Can't get away from it during these 2 bastard weeks of the year. Still last year you admitted you don't like the sport, but you still have strong views on the lad, despite everyone telling you the real Murray isn't the guy you see interviewed after the match. Like I say it's ingrained in you, Andy Murray could come round your house on your birthday with a gift and spend the day entertaining your family, and I swear you'd still think he was a ****. Anyway on the subject of likeable people and tennis, you can't hate Mansour Bahrami.
foxfanazer Posted 28 June 2014 Author Posted 28 June 2014 Very good, he is a great player... anyone who has won Wimbledon and the US open along with multiple masters titles is better than very goodOk great then
foxes_rule1978 Posted 28 June 2014 Posted 28 June 2014 Correct it is, I don't believe I have said it isn't, all I have said is you can't get away from the news/people jumping on the Murray bandwagon during these 2 weeks of the year.No you are right, people do just jump on it when Wimbledon comes around... I could bet some of those people who just watch Wimbledon don't realise he has even won the US Open. I have been following Murray's career since he was winning junior and challenger events, so I know exactly why in his early years people didn't take to him. He didn't really show emotion and seemed rather dry... but that isn't the person he is and now even in interviews we are starting to see more of the person and he really is just a nice guy who does love the sport and wants to see other British players come through. He is great friends with several British players, and doesn't just lock himself away.
Stadt Posted 28 June 2014 Posted 28 June 2014 I'm not keen on Murray and I don't follow Tennis but I'd say it's quite an irrational dislike of the man.
foxes_rule1978 Posted 28 June 2014 Posted 28 June 2014 I do also like Pearson, Lineker, Scholes and Gary Neville
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.