ElusiveEd Posted 29 June 2014 Posted 29 June 2014 Amir Khan- Invited me and 2 colleagues to the Wild Card Gym in LA for a day. (We were en-route to LAX) He and his brothers could not have been nicer. Introduced us to Michael Moore and Manny Pacquiao. It was exactly a week before Mannys fight with Ricky Hatton. Amir is such a top friendly bloke and Manny was very gracious, humble and friendly too. Floyd Mayweather Junior - Gave me $1000 tip (To split between 3 of us) saying, "That's how we do it in Vegas baby" Ray Clemence - Friendly and generous with his time Mike Tindall - Friendly guy too
Asha Posted 29 June 2014 Posted 29 June 2014 Agree with Jenson. Sebastian Vettel and Rubens Barrichello too in the F1 world.
isaidno Posted 29 June 2014 Posted 29 June 2014 Sir Chris Hoy. Met him last month and he was a nice, approachable guy
Mike Oxlong Posted 29 June 2014 Posted 29 June 2014 Is Mahrez cracking one off He's just signed his new contract aka the money shot.
Guest ttfn Posted 29 June 2014 Posted 29 June 2014 On the flip side Paul Collingwood was an a absolute bell-end when I met him.
Miquel The Work Geordie Posted 29 June 2014 Posted 29 June 2014 Are you Martin Allen? Come on Martin. Let's get off the forums and back focusing on management again. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk No I'm not, as it goes. Sent from me inside your mother
theessexfox Posted 29 June 2014 Posted 29 June 2014 Swann is in person.Anderson isn't in person. Oh and Cook is a very nice guy, met him pre-captaincy and he invited us to join his photoshoot for a magazine, very approachable.
Guest MattP Posted 3 July 2014 Posted 3 July 2014 Phil Taylor, Allan Border, Merv Hughes, (even more so as my mate threw a steak at him and he laughed it off), Jeff Thomson, Mike Newell, Stuart Pearce, Jo Wilfred Tsonga, Michael Vaughan, Alan Smith all stand out as people I've met in person and really gone out their way to enjoy a conversation with you. Never really met someone who was a complete cock apart from Nasser Hussain, although to be fair I was chanting Monty Burns at him so I could see why he got a bit upset. Oh, Roy Keane actually, somehow manages to come across in person as an even bigger penis that is he on TV.
surrifox Posted 3 July 2014 Posted 3 July 2014 Mick McCarthy (whom I've not met but seems very clubbable) and other sports - Graham Thorpe and Graham Gooch (whom I have and confirm as up to the mark)
theessexfox Posted 3 July 2014 Posted 3 July 2014 Phil Taylor, Allan Border, Merv Hughes, (even more so as my mate threw a steak at him and he laughed it off), Jeff Thomson, Mike Newell, Stuart Pearce, Jo Wilfred Tsonga, Michael Vaughan, Alan Smith all stand out as people I've met in person and really gone out their way to enjoy a conversation with you. Never really met someone who was a complete cock apart from Nasser Hussain, although to be fair I was chanting Monty Burns at him so I could see why he got a bit upset. Oh, Roy Keane actually, somehow manages to come across in person as an even bigger penis that is he on TV. Nasser is a bit of a helmet.
SOCCERROO FOX Posted 4 July 2014 Posted 4 July 2014 Phil Taylor, Allan Border, Merv Hughes, (even more so as my mate threw a steak at him and he laughed it off), Jeff Thomson, Mike Newell, Stuart Pearce, Jo Wilfred Tsonga, Michael Vaughan, Alan Smith all stand out as people I've met in person and really gone out their way to enjoy a conversation with you. Never really met someone who was a complete cock apart from Nasser Hussain, although to be fair I was chanting Monty Burns at him so I could see why he got a bit upset. Oh, Roy Keane actually, somehow manages to come across in person as an even bigger penis that is he on TV. A few Aussies in that list is there something you are not telling us?
bovril Posted 5 July 2014 Posted 5 July 2014 I've met the Tunch and Stan Petrov and they're very friendly and well-spoken people. Also Tony Daely is a gentleman. Roy Essandoh is a nice bloke, too.....
Guest MattP Posted 5 July 2014 Posted 5 July 2014 A few Aussies in that list is there something you are not telling us? Probably as last summer is still in the memory and we were in the same hotels as them.
Voll Blau Posted 5 July 2014 Posted 5 July 2014 Phil Taylor, Allan Border, Merv Hughes, (even more so as my mate threw a steak at him and he laughed it off), Jeff Thomson, Mike Newell, Stuart Pearce, Jo Wilfred Tsonga, Michael Vaughan, Alan Smith all stand out as people I've met in person and really gone out their way to enjoy a conversation with you. Never really met someone who was a complete cock apart from Nasser Hussain, although to be fair I was chanting Monty Burns at him so I could see why he got a bit upset. Oh, Roy Keane actually, somehow manages to come across in person as an even bigger penis that is he on TV. Second Merv Hughes as a top bloke. Of other people I've met Jimmy Armfield, Jonathan Edwards, Sir Geoff Hurst, Freddie Flintoff were all decent fellas.
Nick Posted 5 July 2014 Posted 5 July 2014 Lewis Hamilton Dennis Wise Mike Tyson Andy Murray Lance Armstrong Sepp Blatter Joey Barton Roy Keane Ben Johnson Ashley Cole Boris Onischenko Rivaldo Marlon King
ACF Posted 5 July 2014 Posted 5 July 2014 James Toseland (ex WSBK/MotoGP) Was my favourite rider for a few years, fell off right in front of me at Phillip Island, spent the next 30 minutes taking photos with fans and babies and signing autographs, despite him coming off second best in a low(ish) speed crash. Absolutely sound person.
Unabomber Posted 5 July 2014 Posted 5 July 2014 I met Matty Fryatt and Kyle Naughton in a club in Sheffield the other year (they weren't together) and Fryatt was sound albeit extremely weird and as expected Naughton was a cock. Matty was drinking carling out of a plastic cup, Kyle was drinking Moet out of the bottle.
Gubbins Posted 8 July 2014 Posted 8 July 2014 I'm gonna put forward Usain Bolt. For a guy who is the best of all time in his field there is no arrogance there whatsoever.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.