Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
foxfanazer

Most Likeable People In Sport

Recommended Posts

Posted

What reputation though?! We're talking in playing circles, where he had no reputation as a "complete player" whatsoever, I don't think anyone would bracket him with the likes of Zidane, Ronaldinho or Rivaldo in their pomp.

I don't know how you define "totally decorated" but he's won vast amounts, likewise I don't see how anyone could begrudge him a move to Madrid with the players they had at the time - if you had the opportunity to work with Zidane, Raul, Figo, Ronaldo et al, in a great city with a new challenge, would you turn it down without a thought? I doubt it. Your last sentence essentially proves my earlier point that your own opinion on Beckham is skewed by his appeal as a marketable brand and adjoining adoration by masses off the pitch. Just because he was so popular as a commercial tool it doesn't mean all and sundry thought he was the most gifted footballer of a generation, although my opinion stands that he was an excellent footballer who seems to have gone unappreciated in hindsight by a few.

Having your dislike of someone stem from him moving abroad for a new challenge really is quite bizarre.

Oh no I don't begrudge him moving anywhere, let alone one of the biggest football clubs in the world.

It actually probably stems from people telling me how good he supposedly is, the media especially. People bang on about him at times and it becomes tiresome I guess. I dunno.

I don't dislike him or hate him, anything stupid like that, though.

Posted

and tim cahill is sound as too

Meet him last year in New York twice, couldn't believe how much he wanted to chat and showed genuine interest in me. Fair bloody man crush I have for him, top lad loves his family and very humble.

Would like to add Phil Mickelson meet him last year he actually offered photos and to give me a signature, couldn't ask for anything more and told security to let us over the 'fence'

Posted

Nigel Pearson 

 

Fair shout, most other managers seem to love the bloke and very rarely heard a bad word said about him from those in football (ours and Hull fans excepted).

Posted

ex loooneypool boss Roy Evans...met him en route to play off semi V Wdon many years ago...lovely lovely man

David. sideshow bob Louis always comes across as a humble man

Posted

ex loooneypool boss Roy Evans...met him en route to play off semi V Wdon many years ago...lovely lovely man

David. sideshow bob Louis always comes across as a humble man

 

David Luiz is a nasty, horrible bloke.

 

davidluiz-tackle.gif

Posted

David Luiz is a nasty, horrible bloke.

davidluiz-tackle.gif

maybe on the pitch.

any news stories or interviews he always comes off as a top bloke

Posted

David Luiz is a nasty, horrible bloke.

davidluiz-tackle.gif

Are you Martin Allen? Come on Martin. Let's get off the forums and back focusing on management again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted

Most hated would have been a more interesting thread.

Swanny, Paul Scholes and Martin Johnno Johnson for me. Met him a couple of times as a kid and he was really nice guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest Basildon Fox
Posted

Craig Bellamy.

Craig Bellamy is hated by most people in Cardiff that do not support the redbirds let alone the rest of the uk.

I always thought Chris Kamara seems like a top bloke.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...