Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
dayday

Martin O'Neill-First season in the prem(after promotion)

Recommended Posts

Posted

I might be wrong here,did Martin O'Neill sign 3 players,a week before the season started.... I stand corrected but I vividly remember then people panicking that he had made no signings ,and that Keller ,Marshall and Spencer Prior were panic buys...the rest is history as they say.

Posted

Though I do agree with what you're saying, I think it's different nowadays.

Very much different nowadays, MON could have strengthened at any point if we had got off to a bad start or we were clearly lacking somewhere, now we need a squad of 25 to get through to January, no loans, no new signings it all needs to be sorted by the 1st of September.

It is also a very different premiership, much stronger teams now, the likes of Forest, Coventry, Derby, Wimbledon, Middlesbrough, Southampton, Everton, were all poor by today's standards and you could do pretty well on team spirit alone in those days, proved by Wimbledon's 8th place finish and our 9th.

If the point is don't panic, then I agree whole heartedly, we don't need to panic until the 16th of August and we really need to panic on the 1st of September when our squad can't be improved for 4 months, but what happened with MON is irrelevant to what will happen to us this coming season.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...