Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Things that I dislike about the 'modern' game

of football, that has reduced my enjoyment, cheapened, bastardised the history or affected the competitiveness of the game, .

In no particular order

Champions League - for non-champions

The Loan system - where players are loaned to clubs in the same division/league

The inequitable distribution of TV money

The over dependency of none –English/British players by an ever increasing number of clubs

The constant changing of the Football League structure i.e Div 1, 2, Championship etc

No standing – although that is self inflicted my a small minority of brain dead fans

The increasing manipulation of fans to turn them into theatre going like zombies

The increasing trend by referees to call a foul when a player hits the ground, that’s now turning it into a non-contact sport

Players that cheat to get other players booked/sent off by diving/feigning injury

The continual changing of kick-off times/dates at the behest of TV and/or the Police

of football, that has reduced my enjoyment, cheapened, bastardised the history or affected the competitiveness of the game, .

In no particular order

Champions League - for non-champions

The Loan system - where players are loaned to clubs in the same division/league

The inequitable distribution of TV money

The over dependency of none –English/British players by an ever increasing number of clubs

The constant changing of the Football League structure i.e Div 1, 2, Championship etc

No standing – although that is self inflicted my a small minority of brain dead fans

The increasing manipulation of fans to turn them into theatre going like zombies

The increasing trend by referees to call a foul when a player hits the ground, that’s now turning it into a non-contact sport

Players that cheat to get other players booked/sent off by diving/feigning injury

The continual changing of kick-off times/dates at the behest of TV and/or the Police

161017[/snapback]

I'll give that a 100 per cent rating for a start.

Not that it'll make any difference.

And if the Americans ever get really into football they'll change it some more.

Being Americans they are used to basketball so will want someone scoring every minute or so.

To do that they'll make the goalposts stretch right across the length of the pitch, they'll be 30 foot high and they'll make a rule that goalkeepers must be registered midgets.

All penalties will be taken from five yards out and referees will be instructed to give at least two fouls every three minutes to make sure there are as many stoppages as in American Football and to keep up the flow of goals.

Any forward failing to score 30 goals in a calendar month will be sent to the electric chair and any goalkeeper saving a penalty will follow him.

Make no mistake, they'll keep on tampering ... and I doubt that any of it'll be for the better.

We'll probably be obliged to pick a player from every continent soon to ensure maximum television exposure...

And I'm not sure I'm joking.

agree with all points apart from loaning player, as I think that's a good thing for clubs who are struggling

161040[/snapback]

I'm not against loaning per se it's when someone like Chelsea sign up lots of players and then loan them to teams in the same division like Smertin to Portsmouth. It should only be used to heelp the development of younger players or in an injury crisis.

things i dislike about life:

people who stop right in front of you when you are trying to get somewhere

old people

davieg

rainy days

blah blah blah blah

161079[/snapback]

Well as I'm 3 out of 4, I'd better not meet you on a rainy day then ;)

This is the kind of loan deal that I dislike.

Birmingham City have secured Chelsea midfielder Jiri Jarosik on a season-long loan deal.

The former CSKA Moscow man only moved to Stamford Bridge in January, but has been pushed down the pecking order despite Scott Parker's exit.

Blues manager Steve Bruce signed midfielder Nicky Butt and Mehdi Nafti this summer, although the latter is currently unavailable due to a torn cruciate knee ligament.

Jarosik caught Bruce's eye playing against the club and is delighted to add someone with his versatility to his already impressive squad.

"He's a powerful midfield player who's very good in the air," explained Bruce to the club's official website.

"We're aware of him from his time playing with CSKA Moscow and also the Czech Republic. He also played against us at the back end of last season for Chelsea.

"Although he only played for 25 minutes he turned the game and he caught my eye then because of his physical presence.

"He can play the holding role in midfield, at the bottom of the diamond or off the front two. It's his versatility that really appeals."

Jarosik has gone straight into Bruce's squad to face Middlesbrough on Tuesday and could make his Blues debut against Boro.

a) English teams that are full of foreign players who are no better than the home grown people they are displacing. The Henry's, Bergkamp's etc are wonderful for the game but every ordinary import is a job unavailable to the homegrown trainee.

b) The fact that we aren't producing any bosses good enough to manage the England team judging by the man chosen.

c) An apparent lack of good quality coaches in general as emphasised at Leicester where they have no imagination or execution when it comes to taking free kicks and corners.

d) The dearth of take-your-man-on wingers a species that largely disappeared after the Charles Hughes and other coaching manuels emphasised the risks involved and favoured 2 v 1 as the right way to get round a man.

e) Pissing about with the offside law which worked well enough for decades. Now no-one knows what the hell their doing.

f) Referees who will be pedantic about nothing yet leave the Balde's of this world to get away with scandalous tackles.

g) Referees who come down heavily on retaliation d of dealing most harshly with the instigator of the trouble.

h) Teams who sit back and defend when they get a goal in front.

i) Clubs who ignore their respesponsibity to entertain with their football.

j) Players being called away for meaningless international friendlies.

k) Sordid sex stories about footballers love lives. Do they think they're the only ones who've found out how to f..k?

l) Footballers who are nieve enough to get involved with goal-digging women with the result that the good name of football gets dragged through the mud.

One thing I really hate is when a referee orders a penalty to be retaken when it has been saved or missed beause the attacking team has incroched, and then the attacking team scores the retake. Or on the other hand if a penalty is scored, but ordered to be retaken because the Keeper had moved off his line.

That really baffles me.

Archived