Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Howard99

Fa cup win or stay in prem?

No mate, its you that's in the wrong here. The premier league isn't the be all and end all. I doubt you have ever witnessed us lift a trophy, there is no feeling like it. Multiply the man utd feeling by 10 and you might be close.

how am i in the wrong,when its my opinion? iv seen us lift the league cup twice,and it doesn't matter if i was there or not i seen it,and last season meant more to me than the 2 league cup wins.Ask the owners what they'd rather have and im sure they'd prefer to stay in the premier league! bollocks to that man united game it means less than nothing now.

how am i in the wrong,when its my opinion? iv seen us lift the league cup twice,and it doesn't matter if i was there or not i seen it,and last season meant more to me than the 2 league cup wins.Ask the owners what they'd rather have and im sure they'd prefer to stay in the premier league! bollocks to that man united game it means less than nothing now.

ERM your opinion can be wrong.... Haha of course it matters if you were there or not! You cant replicate ending up 5 rows down hugging some random pissed bloke when we scored any of the winners at Wembley! Hboro. Achieving safety doesn't bring euphoria, it brings relief, two very very different emotions.

ERM your opinion can be wrong.... Haha of course it matters if you were there or not! You cant replicate ending up 5 rows down hugging some random pissed bloke when we scored any of the winners at Wembley! Hboro. Achieving safety doesn't bring euphoria, it brings relief, two very very different emotions.

so now you are a better fan than me? or what? what you trying to prove? and dont avoid what i said,the owners would prefer to see us stay in the premier league,where we belong.are you realistically telling me you would like an fa cup win even if we had to go through another 10 years like the last 10 years? wigan have won it,think they would swap positions with us now,they wont be getting out of that league anytime soon.

so now you are a better fan than me? or what? what you trying to prove? and dont avoid what i said,the owners would prefer to see us stay in the premier league,where we belong.are you realistically telling me you would like an fa cup win even if we had to go through another 10 years like the last 10 years? wigan have won it,think they would swap positions with us now,they wont be getting out of that league anytime soon.

Wow you can't read. The owners would prefer prem safety.. Probably, but that isn't the question. I'd take 10 years of Craig levein and junior lewis if it meant we were to win the FA cup. The prem for bottom half teams is hugely overated and not a massive amount of fun. Who said anything about being a better fan? Your weird.

Wow you can't read. The owners would prefer prem safety.. Probably, but that isn't the question. I'd take 10 years of Craig levein and junior lewis if it meant we were to win the FA cup. The prem for bottom half teams is hugely overated and not a massive amount of fun. Who said anything about being a better fan? Your weird.

well if you would take that,then its you that is weird! i like to see my team where we belong,if we win a cup bonus if not so be it.in the premier league we can build in the championship we can not,and we ve all seen how hard it is to get out of the championship if it was easy or a given id take the cup win but its not.

well if you would take that,then its you that is weird! i like to see my team where we belong,if we win a cup bonus if not so be it.in the premier league we can build in the championship we can not,and we ve all seen how hard it is to get out of the championship if it was easy or a given id take the cup win but its not.

Build for what?? Do you think we can break the top 6 in your lifetime? Once maybe. What is so great about mid table mediocrity in any league?

However much I'd love to see us at Wembley and lifting the FA Cup, realistically I don't think it's going to happen but out the two I'd prefer us to survive in the premier.

I had this same convo a few years ago with a Birmingham fan am when they played Arsenal in the League cup final, obviously they got relegated and look at the mess their in now.

Wigan is probably another example, the long Championship season, early start to qualifying for Europe stages and cup runs buts a lot on the team the following season and usually concludes with a pointless Europe competition and average mid table finish and players on higher wages because you are competing in Europe

A 'small' club like Wigan now has a trophy that lives forever in their trophy cabinet, a trophy that in our 130 year history we have never managed to get our hands on. Wigan fcuking Athletic have won a trophy that we haven't managed to, I actually find that hard to take.

Winning the FA Cup or the League Cup didn't get Birmingham or Wigan relegated though, a lack of quality in their side over 38 games got them relegated, Sunderland had two long cup runs last year and they manged to use it as motivation to push themselves to safety.

My old man has always wanted to see us win the FA Cup, so have I, I really hope I get too one day, promotions and relegations will always happen to a club like ours. Winning the greatest domestic trophy in the World still hasn't happened to us in 130 years.

We are fans, we should be looking to celebrate lifting trophies and having fantastic trips away to Europe to look forward too, we shouldn't be hoping to finish 17th so the owners can admire the bottom line on a balance sheet in July. If it's really come to that then what even is the whole point in this?

I think it's pretty pathetic the way some fans see the game these days, they seem to have bought into the whole Sky Sports fantasy that the Premiership is the be all and end all of everything, let's go back to the days where winning something was celebrated and really meant something.

Build for what?? Do you think we can break the top 6 in your lifetime? Once maybe. What is so great about mid table mediocrity in any league?

right now there are 2 positions in the top 6 available for taking so yes its possible in my life time,with the right investment and management.and mid table premier league mediocrity is much better than championship mid table mediocrity!

right now there are 2 positions in the top 6 available for taking so yes its possible in my life time,with the right investment and management.and mid table premier league mediocrity is much better than championship mid table mediocrity!

Not really, both are mediocre, quite pointless, will eventually grow tiresome and we have to pay about 50% more for the former.

A 'small' club like Wigan now has a trophy that lives forever in their trophy cabinet, a trophy that in our 130 year history we have never managed to get our hands on. Wigan fcuking Athletic have won a trophy that we haven't managed to, I actually find that hard to take.

Winning the FA Cup or the League Cup didn't get Birmingham or Wigan relegated though, a lack of quality in their side over 38 games got them relegated, Sunderland had two long cup runs last year and they manged to use it as motivation to push themselves to safety.

My old man has always wanted to see us win the FA Cup, so have I, I really hope I get too one day, promotions and relegations will always happen to a club like ours. Winning the greatest domestic trophy in the World still hasn't happened to us in 130 years.

We are fans, we should be looking to celebrate lifting trophies and having fantastic trips away to Europe to look forward too, we shouldn't be hoping to finish 17th so the owners can admire the bottom line on a balance sheet in July. If it's really come to that then what even is the whole point in this?

I think it's pretty pathetic the way some fans see the game these days, they seem to have bought into the whole Sky Sports fantasy that the Premiership is the be all and end all of everything, let's go back to the days where winning something was celebrated and really meant something.

I'd happily buy you a beer for that post. I really couldn't agree more.

Or it could take us 10 years to get back tO the premier like last time.money means nothing in getting out of the championship,the hardest league in the world.can't believe it.in. the words of ozzy osbourne,"you're all ****in mad"

How many cliches lol

well not to me it wouldnt id take being an established premier league side! cant be arsed replying to this anymore,you are welcome to your opinions.

Everyone is welcome to an opinion, not saying yours is wrong, I'm just saying I can't and never will be able to understand it.

Football for me has always been about winning things, when it got towards the end of last season even though promotion was always the target it would have been a massive let down for me if we had slipped up and dropped second to Burnley because I wanted it going down in history that we were the best team in the Championship in 2014. Every team I support or who I have played for I've always taken the opinion that the reason I do it is to win things, not to be competitive or to just be 'established' among the best but to actually gain reward for the graft and dedication you have put into it.

That feeling you get when you look down at the trophy your hard work has earnt is amazing, lots of people or teams entered the competition/tournament and you are rewarded with this because you were the best of the lot that did.

For me that's the whole essense of playing and competing in sport, we should actually be using our premiership status to have even more of a go at winning the League Cup and FA Cup than we did in previous seasons, not brushing it off as it might have small chance in harming our chances over the season in the league,

For me that's the whole essense of playing and competing in sport, we should actually be using our premiership status to have even more of a go at winning the League Cup and FA Cup than we did in previous seasons, not brushing it off as it might have small chance in harming our chances over the season in the league,

I really hope nobody comes out with the bollocks about the cup being a distraction. All we'll get is two weeks with a game several times between January and March. And, you know, a cup run involves wins- they're always nice, aren't they?

Given the depressed nature of some since we last won it might do their wellbeing some good.

Yes 'small timers' Wigan Athletic who was in the premier league for 8 years? Surely can't be that small to survive in one if the best leagues in the world.

It's not like it's a curse if you win the cup you get relegated but obviously is known the extra games can have an effect on smaller squads and obviously using the cup as more of a priority than league form as progress through the rounds.

In none of that message did I say I didn't want us to win the FA Cup, but if we were to choose out the 2 and the more realistic it would be the premier league. As a whole it is more rewarding for the team to be spending another season in the top flight to help build the club even more, that isn't buying into the whole Sky Sports branding, that's wanting to see Leicester in the elite English league week in week out playing against the best teams in the country again next season. It is wrong that we have to consider the financial side of things now but financially would suit us more too.

Yes 'small timers' Wigan Athletic who was in the premier league for 8 years? Surely can't be that small to survive in one if the best leagues in the world.

It's not like it's a curse if you win the cup you get relegated but obviously is known the extra games can have an effect on smaller squads and obviously using the cup as more of a priority than league form as progress through the rounds.

In none of that message did I say I didn't want us to win the FA Cup, but if we were to choose out the 2 and the more realistic it would be the premier league. As a whole it is more rewarding for the team to be spending another season in the top flight to help build the club even more, that isn't buying into the whole Sky Sports branding, that's wanting to see Leicester in the elite English league week in week out playing against the best teams in the country again next season. It is wrong that we have to consider the financial side of things now but financially would suit us more too.

You say building (which is right) but what exactly are we building for?

Our squad is much bigger now, we can play Wasyl, Simpson, Powell, Lawrence, Wood, King, Hamer if required. An extra game every three weeks is no big deal, we wouldn't be playing anyway so no massive schedule upheaval.

Archived