Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Howard99

Fa cup win or stay in prem?

If we aren't in this division to win trophies I want us to go down, I mean that. The thought of being permanently tied to the bottom half of the Premier League, drifting along season after season, is a painful one. I'd go as far as saying it's a waste of a football club.

Much rather we won something (one of my hopes as a fan is to see us win a Play Off final one day) and experienced those special moments occasionally, moments you'll never get if you're content to tread water all the time.

Yes 'small timers' Wigan Athletic who was in the premier league for 8 years? Surely can't be that small to survive in one if the best leagues in the world.

It's not like it's a curse if you win the cup you get relegated but obviously is known the extra games can have an effect on smaller squads and obviously using the cup as more of a priority than league form as progress through the rounds.

In none of that message did I say I didn't want us to win the FA Cup, but if we were to choose out the 2 and the more realistic it would be the premier league. As a whole it is more rewarding for the team to be spending another season in the top flight to help build the club even more, that isn't buying into the whole Sky Sports branding, that's wanting to see Leicester in the elite English league week in week out playing against the best teams in the country again next season. It is wrong that we have to consider the financial side of things now but financially would suit us more too.

Of course they are a smallish club, certainly smaller than us, they have spent 8 years out of 80 in their history in the top flight, the majority of the 80 in the non league  they played in front of a few thousand every week and were bankrolled by a multi millionaire.

Financial ruin occurs because of mismanagement and living beyond your means, not being relegated, staying in the Premier League for a long period damaged Portsmouth more financially than being relegated in the first season would have.

If we aren't in this division to win trophies I want us to go down, I mean that. The thought of being permanently tied to the bottom half of the Premier League, drifting along season after season, is a painful one. I'd go as far as saying it's a waste of a football club.

Much rather we won something (one of my hopes as a fan is to see us win a Play Off final one day) and experienced those special moments occasionally, moments you'll never get if you're content to tread water all the time.

This!

Being the best team that enters the FA Cup or the 17th best to play the Prem? Now there's a toughie...

A lot of people are bringing up whether Wigan would swap with us, but a better question is would we swap with them?

Would you swap a season fighting relegation and eventually scraping enough points to stay up, with the prospect of another identical year, or an almost identical league season where you just end up going down, but you get a Cup run of victories, winning against the odds, end up going to Wembley and beat the Champions and have your name on the trophy forever?

I would swap.

Sorry but wanting us to get relegated cause we stay bottom half of the league is beyond ridiculous.

Some of you lot are absolutely crackers.

Last time I was on here some of you were talking about being happy with foreign games being taken away from our own supporters to satify the money men's pockets and now you're happy to not even try in trophies to do the same.

I'd happily go through another ten years in the Championship if it meant an FA Cup win this season.

You survivalist weirdos need to give up on life pronto if the highlight of it's going to be Leicester being the 17th best side in the country year on year.

Like I say, I defy any of you to tell me you wouldn't be at Wembley. Fickle feckers.

No contest...BOTH.!!!!!!

In the old days, use to ask city win, or win the pools.I am still bloody poor and city over 55 yrs have gone through the mill.

It seems I am now more the wiser. Better odds on a city win, than the lotto.At least in bad times, I'll be happy once every 6-8 weeks.

Though one can say, I have the same problem has Leicester managers........

I always chose the wrong bloody numbers.

Absolutely the FA cup.

I started following city 30 years ago, in that time ive seen 20-30 old division one games. I have been to 50-60 premiership games. Over 150 championship games. About 15 in league 1. NOT 1 Fa cup final!

League games happen weekly. I love us being in the top tier, but to actually win the cup that has alluded us our entire history, would be my choice.

If we were to get relegated, would you follow us any less?

It doesn't matter to me what league we're in, I'll be here long after the owners have scampered.

And when they leave, hopefully they have to leave without the gleaming trophy that sits in the cabinet....

Winning trophies is what All sport is about.

We have only come close once to winning the top tier, and some might rightly assume that we will now never win it.

So if we are now saying you would prefer to just survive in the premiership to winning the FA cup, then sport, football and Leicester probably ain't for you.....

Some of you lot are absolutely crackers.

Last time I was on here some of you were talking about being happy with foreign games being taken away from our own supporters to satify the money men's pockets and now you're happy to not even try in trophies to do the same.

I'd happily go through another ten years in the Championship if it meant an FA Cup win this season.

Amazes me how brainwashed some people are. Sky are the kings of it.

C7768BF6-B545-4B54-BEE4-AB1F228F9C39_zps

So we have this... Something we'll never win, even has a sponsors logo Etched into it and two shitty "England" lions (again corporate logo) with the third lion suppose deadly being represented by the winning captain lifting the trophy and wearing it as a crown.

4B8F633E-B20C-421F-BAFE-6E33155F7804_zps

Or this, a classic design that has been re-used and still similar to the original. Ornate and the one that thousand if players and millions of fans revered around the world for decades and something that we actually have a better chance if winning too.

Not that winking the FA Cup and relegation are linked, but I'd take the Cup and going down any time this season - we're always going to be a to-to club and the prestige of an FA Cup win would be unforgettable. I hope to see it in my lifetime, I really do.

Archived