Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Team vs Luton

After Stearman's performance against Bury we really need to start playing this lad regularly. So far he's been man of the match in every game he's started for us so i'm not seeing the point in holding him back. Probably play at right back but going on his attacking play vs Bury he'd probably do a better job at right wing than Sylla would! :D

Douglas

Stearman

McCarthy

Johansson

Maybury

Sylla

Gudjonsson

Williams

Hamill

Connolly

Elvis

Subs: Henderson, Gilberto, Tiatto, Kisnorbo, De Vries

I'd also like to see Elvis up front with Connolly. He has pace to burn, although he hasn't scored yet he is creating chances for others and himself, and he has more to offer the team than both De Vries and Dublin.

#Maybe hes born with it, Maybe its Maybury# Is not a left back though. And I happen to think #Maybe hes born with it, Maybe its Maybury# is one of our best players, so I don't think we should play him out of position, but saying that I would like to see Stearman in the 1st team on a regular basis.

The best team we have , possibly like to to see henderson given a go.

163584[/snapback]

Ditto. I think Henderson should be given a shout this weekend in the league, I suppose it depends on Douglas, if he's over his little injury. Either way I'd like to see Henderson play, see what them Bradford fans were raving about :thumbup:

After Stearman's performance against Bury we really need to start playing this lad regularly. So far he's been man of the match in every game he's started for us so i'm not seeing the point in holding him back. Probably play at right back but going on his attacking play vs Bury he'd probably do a better job at right wing than Sylla would!  :D

Douglas

Stearman

McCarthy

Johansson

Maybury

Sylla

Gudjonsson

Williams

Hamill

Connolly

Elvis

Subs: Henderson, Gilberto, Tiatto, Kisnorbo, De Vries

I'd also like to see Elvis up front with Connolly. He has pace to burn, although he hasn't scored yet he is creating chances for others and himself, and he has more to offer the team than both De Vries and Dublin.

163575[/snapback]

Whoah! What's he doing on the bench? :Plol

I'd go with:

Henderson (to give Douglas a rest make sure his injuries cleared up)

Stearman

McCarthy

Johansson

Maybury

Sylla

Gudjonsson

Williams

Wilcox

Connolly

Elvis

Subs: Dublin, De Vries, Kisnorbo, Tiatto, Douglas

---------------------Douglas-------------------

-------------------------------------------------

Stearman--McCarthy--Johansson--Maybury

-------Sylla--------Williams----Hammil-------

-----------Hammond--------De Vries---------

---------------------Connolly------------------

Christmas Tree formation, be brave >_>

Bench: Henderson, Sheehan, Kisnorbo, Wilcox & Dublin

---------------------Douglas-------------------

Stearman--McCarthy--Johansson--Maybury

-------Sylla--------Williams----Hammil-------

-----------Hammond--------De Vries---------

---------------------Connolly------------------

Christmas Tree formation, be brave >_>

Bench: Henderson, Sheehan, Kisnorbo, Wilcox & Dublin

163776[/snapback]

it's not christmas yet

i'd play hendersen instead of douglas, would give stearman a go and go for mdv and conners upfront

douglas

maybury

macarthy

nisse

sheehan

sylla

stearman

williams

tiatto

elvis

connolly

I think players like to play in their best position. Putting maybury at left back is nonsense (sorry Mr chain ;) ). Sheehan is perfectly capable there and maybury is the best at right back in this division. Shuffling them around is not good.

That said, where do you play stearman (he has to play, because hes top notch), well he can play RB CB LB and everywhere else too, but our weakest position is the holding role, stearman is perfect for that.

We have to play tiatto, because luton will have plenty of fight amongst em. Im suggesting that if tiatto gets drawn into the middle, sheehan can drift forward, and stearman can back-up at LB. Joey cant do that, thats why its good to have players that can play in a variety of positions, so that others can attack when they least expect it.

Not an easy question.

Stearman must play to my mind. He's quick, versatile and contributes in an attacking sense.

Hammond has done enough to play but Levein might chhose to save his pace for when it might have greater effect - either way it's a nice choice.

Considering Connolly and MDV featured in a four - goal haul last time the two played together at home there's a strong case for sticking with that.

Tiatto seems to be trying to concede fewer free kicks and that's an improvement.

Momo and Gilbert are really not playing well enough and the full-back/centre-back positions are iffy.

So, and accepting the forum view that Stearman is well capable of playing left-back and sincerely hoping they're right, I'll go:

Henderson;

Maybury, Dublin, Nils, Stearman

Joey, Williams, Tiatto;

Hammond, MDV, Connolly.

I'd insist Dublin be decisive at the back (row Z if in doubt) but, apart from being at least as good at centre-back as McCarthy, he's playing well and poses an attacking threat at set pieces which we presently lack.

Both full-backs are capable of providing width, as are Hammond and Connolly and high crosses are not the be-all-and-end-all for City as we're better playing through on the ground cos we've got players with pace who are good at turning.

Hamill could be used as winger sub for if its required later and the other subs would be from four from Douglas, McCarthy, Kisnorbo, Sheehan, Wilcox and Momo. If Stearman finds left-back a problem, either the two full-backs could swop or Tiatto could play left-back with a no fouling instruction.

The above simply appears to use our best players at present assuming Douglas is injured slightly.

I know I've picked the two Dobermen. But they'll probably be needed against a team with Luton's attacking prowess. And, they've been quite effective for the most part despite my reservations about Tiatto and my belief in attacking football.

Bit more info about Luton team for tomorrow

Mike Newell will be without strikers Steve Howard and Rowan Vine for tomorrow's trip to Leicester City.

The pair are ruled out through suspension and a groin complaint respectively, meaning Enoch Showunmi is the likely choice to partner Warren Feeney in attack.

In the other camp, Foxes boss Craig Levein has concerns over the fitness of keeper Rab Douglas, Patrik Gerrbrand and Stephen Hughes.

Keeper Douglas is doubtful with a groin problem, while Gerrbrand and midfielder Hughes are both struggling with ankle problems.

Striker David Connolly is set to boost the home side's attacking options after recovering from a thigh injury.

Archived