Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Howard99

King not free to talk to clubs in January- signs new 4 year deal

Great news for King, the club and the fans. It's a true win-win-win situation.

He's earned that contract. Although we haven't seen a lot of him in the Premier League so far, I think he can still improve in the following four years of his contract and has the best footballing moments yet to come.

He's a sympathetic and dedicated servant to this club, has shown time and time again that he can step up when needed and also has contributed with some key goals in decisive matches.

And the fans have their quiet cult hero, a hard-working and silent player you can truly identify with. Which in turn helps establish and maintain the local bond - not to be underestimated for marketing purposes.

I wish Nigel would play him more often, though. James has been disappointing so far and Drinkwater hasn't really found the flow yet.

I'm just the messenger here!

Yeah I know lol wasn't a pop at you at all. If it's true (which I find quite believable actually) then it just sums up what a complete pushover he is. An agents dream. Didn't even rate him yet gave him four years.

Didn't have enough of an all-round game yet played Neil Danns. Hmmm.

It's not really excessive though,is it? We cant lose.

We have a player signed up for (theoretically) his best years who I doubt will be on an obscene amount of money. Should we go down we have a player that is arguably of Premier League standard, definitely of top 6 Championship standard, who can contribute enormously to sending us back up.

On the flipside should we improve so vastly we have to move him on, he's on a long enough contract to warrant a fee. There's no doubt that whatever his new wage p/w is, there'd be a club willing to match or better it should we ever look to move him on.

For where we are right now, as a club looking to consolidate a top tier spot but (understandably) having contingencies in place in terms of relegation - I don't think four years is excessive at all.

Agreed with that and it's got me thinking actually - haven't we tied most of our regulars down to new four year deals? Say we are relegated, we'll either take in good money for them or keep them.

I agree, can't really lose.

Archived