Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Howard99

King not free to talk to clubs in January- signs new 4 year deal

He played behind the strikers in his best spell for us, I dont understand why we dont try him in the nuge role, he is a better finisher and passer, and would probably weigh in a lot more defensively

Well we know now that Pearson clearly reads Foxestalk, so this please

And Vardy instead of Ulloa while you're at it, thanks

2nd min for titles

4th for new contract

10th for shirt number

24th for original shirt number

26th for age

49th for amount of league goals

54th for overall goals

?

37 was his original squad number when he made his debut

Very weird day for us King lovers, it started with some chump saying he can talk to other clubs and ended with it being his birthday and him signing a 4 year deal.

Happy birthday Andy.

I think it was probably his birthday at the start of the day too.

may have been mentioned but i remember his absolute stunner on his debut against southampton i think it was in our relegation season, love him.

Awwww love!!!

Top man, top player though! Hope he gets a proper go in the side again. Has impressed me this season.

Glad he's singed but it surely can't just be me that thinks 4 years is a tad excessive?

It's not really excessive though,is it? We cant lose.

We have a player signed up for (theoretically) his best years who I doubt will be on an obscene amount of money. Should we go down we have a player that is arguably of Premier League standard, definitely of top 6 Championship standard, who can contribute enormously to sending us back up.

On the flipside should we improve so vastly we have to move him on, he's on a long enough contract to warrant a fee. There's no doubt that whatever his new wage p/w is, there'd be a club willing to match or better it should we ever look to move him on.

For where we are right now, as a club looking to consolidate a top tier spot but (understandably) having contingencies in place in terms of relegation - I don't think four years is excessive at all.

King will never be the best player in the world but he is a true professional, popular with his team mates and easy to manage. He is also a good representative of the club, rarely injured and often pops up with crucial goals. The positives far outweigh the negatives.

Great news on Kingy's new deal.

If King is not going to start then I'd like to see him play a bigger role off the bench from now on. He looked relatively effective against Swansea and had our best chance of the game too when making a brief sub appearence. Gives us more flexibility in attack, a bigger threat with shots from distance and King really makes up some ground tracking back. I think there are lots of advantages of starting him at home to WBA on Saturday.

Archived