Babylon Posted 11 November 2014 Posted 11 November 2014 That's completely false IMO. The more I look back on it, the more I think we played Everton and Arsenal at the right time. All the squads were regaining fitness, especially those who had been involved in the World Cup. They were also finding their best sides etc.. Against Stoke, let's be honest, I still don't know how we won that game. And against Utd, we played a side also 'in transition' and Van Gaal actually played a formation which fell straight into our hands on the day. I'm not knocking these good results and, of course, was overjoyed at the time. We actually should have beaten Arsenal..we made more clear chances than they did...but I think the season is now revealing it's true identity. I doubt we would do anything much against Everton and Utd at present if I'm honest. I agree, people overplayed the performances in some of those games massively, Arsenal and last 20/30 against United excluded.
The Doctor Posted 11 November 2014 Posted 11 November 2014 That's completely false IMO. The more I look back on it, the more I think we played Everton and Arsenal at the right time. All the squads were regaining fitness, especially those who had been involved in the World Cup. They were also finding their best sides etc.. Against Stoke, let's be honest, I still don't know how we won that game. And against Utd, we played a side also 'in transition' and Van Gaal actually played a formation which fell straight into our hands on the day. I'm not knocking these good results and, of course, was overjoyed at the time. We actually should have beaten Arsenal..we made more clear chances than they did...but I think the season is now revealing it's true identity. I doubt we would do anything much against Everton and Utd at present if I'm honest. An Everton or an arsenal getting back into the swing of things is still of a decent quality - mid to lower at the least, the sort of quality of an Aston villa or a West brom - the sort of side we should be using as a yard stick - if we match or better them, we'll have a good chance of survival. So, while we wouldn't get results against those sides now, we showed we could compete at a level that would see us 12th-16th.
Silverdaz Posted 11 November 2014 Posted 11 November 2014 If his Summer buys are anything to go by hello Campionship again next season. I do believe he has truly lost the plot, if he genuinely believes our full backs are good enough or we dont need to strenghen in key areas wtf? Why buy Simpson, Albrighton if you arent gonna give them a chance? His Summer buys were pee poor as well. I know he is going to keep his cards close to his chest but based on this article the omens are not good. Interesting point I dont actually think he wanted the likes of Albrighton and Simpson I think Terry Robinson had a bigger say in this
ImBlue Posted 11 November 2014 Posted 11 November 2014 Interesting point I dont actually think he wanted the likes of Albrighton and Simpson I think Terry Robinson had a bigger say in this Oh he finds the good players and any that turn out to be duds we will blame on Terry? Nice policy of avoiding critising the manager.
Silverdaz Posted 11 November 2014 Posted 11 November 2014 Oh he finds the good players and any that turn out to be duds we will blame on Terry? Nice policy of avoiding critising the manager. Just seems a bit strange these players were brought and have never played remember players like Bakayogo whop I dont think the manager had any inputting into getting
ImBlue Posted 11 November 2014 Posted 11 November 2014 Just seems a bit strange these players were brought and have never played remember players like Bakayogo whop I dont think the manager had any inputting into getting Maybe he realised has realised the players aren't as good as he maybe expected? Do you expect him to persist with players that aren't working just because they are 'his' signings? Although I accept Simpson, given De Laet poor form, is a strange one...
UpTheLeagueFox Posted 11 November 2014 Posted 11 November 2014 Pearson (along with the advice of his scouting set up) identify the players. Terry Robinson merely does the deals, with the owners giving him the financial framework to work within. Hope that helps clear it up.
pen_3 Posted 11 November 2014 Posted 11 November 2014 No point buying anyone anyway, he would only play them out of position.
sylofox Posted 11 November 2014 Posted 11 November 2014 And I will talk about what I want, if there are massive glaring faults in your opinion. Well I'm sorry but that's your problem not mine and people are going to point them out to you. Have a look what you are moaning about, there are numerous reasons as to why he wouldn't know his exact budget. Most of which resolve around the owners, so perhaps a little more thought before laying into him about something that may well be not his fault. Perhaps you should take your own advice. You like to critisise, but don't like critisism by the sound of it. I did not criticise anyone all I was saying is I would like some honesty. I do not expect a figure just him to say he has a budget or knows it. The reason being we are not looking good and I would like to hope he is making plans. Without a budget how the fvck can he plan? You critisise I did not criticise anyone. I asked why he could not tell the truth and was asking if he was not Why?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.