MPH Posted 10 November 2014 Posted 10 November 2014 In short, all those who were saying before the season had started that there wasnt much of a gap between the champ and the prem are being shown up as right planks.
Bayfox Posted 10 November 2014 Posted 10 November 2014 shall I be the 1 to suggest there maybe wholesale changes in jan. just he won't be here to do them? just a thought like.
sylofox Posted 10 November 2014 Posted 10 November 2014 He's right. We only need a couple of additions. The squad we currently have had us in the top half fairly comfortably for the first half a dozen or so games. Get the formation and tactics sorted for our current team and we'll be OK. New back four and a new midfield lol
sylofox Posted 10 November 2014 Posted 10 November 2014 If his Summer buys are anything to go by hello Campionship again next season. I do believe he has truly lost the plot, if he genuinely believes our full backs are good enough or we dont need to strenghen in key areas wtf? Why buy Simpson, Albrighton if you arent gonna give them a chance? His Summer buys were pee poor as well. I know he is going to keep his cards close to his chest but based on this article the omens are not good. I did say in the summer any signings needed to be first choice players. Strengthen the first 11 you strengthen the bench too. Most on here said the players were good enough and deserved there chance in the prem for what they did last season. Sorry they were paid for last season and only deserve a chance if good enough. I do think half the problem is tactics but not all of it.
LcFc_Smiv Posted 10 November 2014 Posted 10 November 2014 He isn't getting the sack, the owners brought him into clear the wage bill and steady the ship, he's got until the end of the season at least unless things go drastically wrong.
Babylon Posted 10 November 2014 Posted 10 November 2014 Or even I know but for obvious reasons I can't say. Surely people would understand that. But to make out he don't know when he should be working out the Who's seems a little daft. Don't you think you are taking everything a bit seriously? It's laughable really how people react to nothing comments like this. If the owners haven't told him his budget, why don't you go and have a go at them?
maddog Posted 10 November 2014 Posted 10 November 2014 Pearson getting too arrogant in his media interviews... The same old same old I won't get involved in that everyone is being negative for the sake of it crap. Sorry Nigel its growing tiresome. We haven't scored a single goal in five of the last six and barely had a shot on target, with only one clean sheet all season.... Your job speculation is not ludicrous.
v6rat Posted 10 November 2014 Posted 10 November 2014 With the right tactics we've proved we can score goals, as in the start of the season, so is the midfield and attack that bad? But for me, I don't believe the defence is anywhere near good enough to keep clean sheets, so if he's buying in January, that's where we need to spend.
Corky Posted 10 November 2014 Posted 10 November 2014 Searched through that article....couldn't find anything about Pearson saying speculation about his job is ludicrous.
cjslcfc Posted 10 November 2014 Author Posted 10 November 2014 Pearson getting too arrogant in his media interviews... The same old same old I won't get involved in that everyone is being negative for the sake of it crap. Sorry Nigel its growing tiresome. We haven't scored a single goal in five of the last six and barely had a shot on target, with only one clean sheet all season.... Your job speculation is not ludicrous. At what point in this media interview is Nigel arrogant, may I ask?
sylofox Posted 10 November 2014 Posted 10 November 2014 Don't you think you are taking everything a bit seriously? It's laughable really how people react to nothing comments like this. If the owners haven't told him his budget, why don't you go and have a go at them? Oh look Babylon is on his if I don't like what you are talking about your an idiot type comments. I'll talk about what I like if you don't like it just fvcking ignore me. Or when it's your forum kick me the fvck out.
Guest Col city fan Posted 10 November 2014 Posted 10 November 2014 Oh look Babylon is on his if I don't like what you are talking about your an idiot type comments. I'll talk about what I like if you don't like it just fvcking ignore me. Or when it's your forum kick me the fvck out. Who peed on your cornflakes?
sylofox Posted 10 November 2014 Posted 10 November 2014 Who peed on your cornflakes? Just get fvcked off with his I'm better than you attitude and his as long as your opinion matches mine it is ok. Thought it was a forum for debate not just putting people down if you don't agree. Praps he should just try ignoring what he don't like.
Spanner73 Posted 10 November 2014 Posted 10 November 2014 Pearson getting too arrogant in his media interviews... The same old same old I won't get involved in that everyone is being negative for the sake of it crap. Sorry Nigel its growing tiresome. We haven't scored a single goal in five of the last six and barely had a shot on target, with only one clean sheet all season.... Your job speculation is not ludicrous. Edited by maddog, Absolutely spot on ! The buck stops with him , no excuses it's his side his poor tactics switching from one thing to another and when questioned he doesn't Like the Flak that comes his way well I'm sorry nigel but this is the Barclays premier league and that's what happens when you don't get results
AyewJoking Posted 11 November 2014 Posted 11 November 2014 He'd be foolish to say we need to replace half the squad thus further rupturing the shattered confidence suffocating the payers at present..
Vardinhio Posted 11 November 2014 Posted 11 November 2014 How about you play Mahrez and Knockaert when we are at home and give us a chance of creating something?
Merging Cultures Posted 11 November 2014 Posted 11 November 2014 I need to step away from FT for a bit. When in this interview was Pearson arrogant? If he had said anything about funds, people would have criticised. He might know how much he has available in January. And if he does his comment is exactly what I would have wanted to see. I don't think anyone 'deserves' to play or manage the team. I do think changing manager is risky, as is not changing, but I've seen the manager merry go round at City before. It was a waste of time, energy and money. Pearson is an intelligent manager, he will figure out what he and the team are doing wrong and fix it.
ozleicester Posted 11 November 2014 Posted 11 November 2014 Ive heard about this Algerian lad... Marrez or something? currently not getting a game at his club and apparently tore up the championship last year, from what i hear, hes got some real style class and creativity. I wonder if we could perhaps snap him up in January? Im sure he would help our starting 11
Babylon Posted 11 November 2014 Posted 11 November 2014 Oh look Babylon is on his if I don't like what you are talking about your an idiot type comments. I'll talk about what I like if you don't like it just fvcking ignore me. Or when it's your forum kick me the fvck out. And I will talk about what I want, if there are massive glaring faults in your opinion. Well I'm sorry but that's your problem not mine and people are going to point them out to you. Have a look what you are moaning about, there are numerous reasons as to why he wouldn't know his exact budget. Most of which resolve around the owners, so perhaps a little more thought before laying into him about something that may well be not his fault. Just get fvcked off with his I'm better than you attitude and his as long as your opinion matches mine it is ok. Thought it was a forum for debate not just putting people down if you don't agree. Praps he should just try ignoring what he don't like. Perhaps you should take your own advice. You like to critisise, but don't like critisism by the sound of it.
The Doctor Posted 11 November 2014 Posted 11 November 2014 He's right - the team showed in the first 5 games they can cut it at this level - they just need to get out of this slump.
Guest Col city fan Posted 11 November 2014 Posted 11 November 2014 He's right - the team showed in the first 5 games they can cut it at this level - they just need to get out of this slump. That's completely false IMO. The more I look back on it, the more I think we played Everton and Arsenal at the right time. All the squads were regaining fitness, especially those who had been involved in the World Cup. They were also finding their best sides etc.. Against Stoke, let's be honest, I still don't know how we won that game. And against Utd, we played a side also 'in transition' and Van Gaal actually played a formation which fell straight into our hands on the day. I'm not knocking these good results and, of course, was overjoyed at the time. We actually should have beaten Arsenal..we made more clear chances than they did...but I think the season is now revealing it's true identity. I doubt we would do anything much against Everton and Utd at present if I'm honest.
The Railway Man Posted 11 November 2014 Posted 11 November 2014 Wholesale changes over a short period of time very rarely works so that should be something we look to avoid at all costs. A couple of additions added to what we have should be enough, whether they can perform to the standard we need only time we tell but going the QPR route of splurging on new players in a desperate attempt to survive isn't something I would like to see.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.