Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

Match Ratings: Leicester 0-0 Sunderland - Vote Now

How can people say that De Laet had a solid game and give him 7/10?

The bloke can not cross a ball, can't throw to his own players, he drifts into the centre of park leaving gaps on the wing...to me he looks low on confidence

For me he had a much better game than he's had for several weeks. Did fine.

I'm sorry to say, that I'm going to disagree with you. He cannot cross a ball, how many of his throws in yesterday were nodded on or controlled by a Leicester player?Very few.

I didn't even notice his throw ins to be honest. He's a full back so his primary role is to defend and I thought he did that well.

I'm sorry to say, that I'm going to disagree with you. He cannot cross a ball, how many of his throws in yesterday were nodded on or controlled by a Leicester player?Very few.

Wait, wait, he had a bad game because his throw ins aren't great? lol

How are Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo picking up Ballon d'Or after Ballon d'Or while Rory Delap's talent continues to go by unrecognized?

Wait, wait, he had a bad game because his throw ins aren't great? lol

How are Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo picking up Ballon d'Or after Ballon d'Or while Rory Delap's talent continues to go by unrecognized?

Delap's talent WAS recognised and was a cornerstone of what his team were trying to do, for quite some time?

Not in the sense of being a sensational footballer, but in the sense of 'effective'

:thumbup:

In short James best player, very pleased with Wasyl looks the business at this level, feel for Ulloa service is pathetic. Schulpp may as well be in the stands for how much he offers, Kasper excellent, need to work out a way to get Mahrez on the ball more often.

De Laet just can't win can he? We kept a clean sheet. He's a defender. Surely that's a success? 

Also, did anyone see how delighted he was to hoof the ball onto the roof? Do you reckon the players had a bit of money on who'd be the first to do that  :P

De Laet just can't win can he? We kept a clean sheet. He's a defender. Surely that's a success? 

Also, did anyone see how delighted he was to hoof the ball onto the roof? Do you reckon the players had a bit of money on who'd be the first to do that  :P

De Laet was the worst of the back four I thought, not awful but got beat more than the rest and looked slightly less comfortable so he gets a lower rating from me. It's not enough to just say "oh, we got a clean sheet so he must've been good."This thread is an assessment of individual performances, we aren't just looking at how well the defence did as a whole and then dishing it out equally.

So yes he can 'win' so to speak, he'll get a good rating when he plays well.

Pearson - 5. Great team selection, it was the players that failed us. 4-4-2 works best for us. Still not convinced him not being on the pitchside works for us. He should be down there striking fear into the lads, not the assistant. Late and poor choice of substitutions. 

Schmeichel - 8. Absolutely outstanding. Saved us. 

Morgan - 8. Brilliant. Saved us 2 points. Had one glitch and that was it. 

Was - 8. Outstanding. Defended well and strongly today. Quite different from his shoulder barge on Berahino which I disagreed with (as a long-time defender for my school, I know better and more sportsmanlike ways to defend than that)

Konch - 5. Meh. No real defensive duties. Attacked every now and then.

RDL - 6. Nailed Wickham to a brick despite his smaller frame. Showed good attacking potential but again his product wasn't there. Not as bad as people are abusing him for. 

Mahrez - 7. Great first half. Dwindled away in the 2nd. 

Schlupp - 6. Meh. 

Cambiasso - 6. Great vision, average execution. 

James - 3. Nothing spectacular, poor finishing rounded off his day. 

Vardy - 6. Frightened Sunderland's defence but his selfish runs are costing us points. I appreciate his work rate. We lost our spark after he was inexplicably taken off.

Ulloa - 4. A shadow of his September self. Looks scared on the ball. Did nothing of note apart from the 1-2 with James. 

Knockaert - 4. Didn't do anything. 

Wood - 4. Well. Didn't do anything. 

Nugent - 3. That 'shot' sums up his season so far. Loved him last season, slowly losing patience now. 

Pearson stays. You'd be a clown to think otherwise. Go to the link in my signature if you want to see the back of King P. He will turn it around for us. 

Archived