Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Spurs' New Ground - Fire Destroys Nearby Building

15 hours ago, Wookie said:

Probably doesn't have a ST, inexcusable. Almost all football fans would rather get to watch their mediocre team than listen about how good they are on the radio. I'll be surprised If I still follow us in 20 years time, maybe less.

It's all going to blow up.

Football relies on football fans.

Alienating them in order to please the corporate, prawn sandwich type is only going to result in less and less football fans, the type that pays Sky the money.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Reading that makes me sad for this country. 

The Germans ****ing march if you put the beer they can take to their seat up by 20p.

We're so obedient and apathetic we'll shrug and pay anything and justify it with some capitalist rhetoric about business being business. 

I mean, **** business, its your club. I mean, I think most of the WHU fans involved at the weekend were just ***** after a ruck but at least they're standing up for themselves. 

I'd love to laugh at Spurs but if our lot did the same to us, I know we'd all begrudgingly pay it. Even the Against Modern Football UFS lot would pay for their ticket and turn up, they'd just moan on here about doing it. 

As would I. 

I'm surprised by the amount of Spurs fans who think these prices are "okay" or "not as bad as I thought". In fairness there are plenty moaning about the price, but they seem to be being shouted down by the "if you don't like it, don't go" brigade.

"But it's going to be the best stadium in the world" with "the world's longest bar". The concorses and facilities look great, the seats are close to the pitch and it has clearly been designed as a great football stadium. They seem to be pitching at encouraging supporters to arrive early and mingle in the bars and street food outlets and stay late after the game. It all looks great, but it still seems like a huge hike in price just to stand in a nice bar and have an overpriced pint before you piss it away in a swanky toilet facility!

Tottenham are clearly very marketable now, and I don't doubt that they will sell all their season tickets, but now they are the most expensive tickets in the world (apparently) there surely will come even more pressure for them to start putting trophies on the sideboard.

They are turning in to Arsenal 2.0

41 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

It's all going to blow up.

Football relies on football fans.

Alienating them in order to please the corporate, prawn sandwich type is only going to result in less and less football fans, the type that pays Sky the money.

The Premier League is that big of a brand that if fans stop going (as some do, and I know some that have stopped going now) they're "replaced" (ie someone else goes). Premier League grounds are full of day trippers, including us. Clubs can price tickets high because people will pay them. Everything about the Premier League is corporate, they don't care about fans that go to games. Look at our ground, it's just plastered with fvcking 'King Power'.

I do agree with what you're saying but we've no backbone in this country. Fans moan about it - to mates in the pub, to people at the ground, posting on internet forums - but don't actually do anything. 

I do think it'll implode on itself one day but that's another subject.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1