Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Danny Tiatto - Left Back ?

Does ANYONE know why Tiatto NEVER plays at Left Back ? He came here as a Left Back, yet I can not recall one instance of him playing there for us. Did MA write into his contract that he should never play in that position - well CL certainly seems to have read that as well.

Even I forgot that Tiatto was a Left Back when I was discussing options there insteed of Maybury on Friday. And we definitely need options instead of Maybury after yesterdays performance - and Tiatto's 'midfield efforts'. We need a good clear out - Sylla out, Tiatto out (in midfield), Dublin out, Stearman rested - how about Douglas/Henderson (I can't make my mind up !), Maybury, McCarthy, Johansson, Tiatto, Hughes (when back), Gudjonsson, Williams, Hamill, Connolly, Hammond ?

Tiatto is no left back. Reckless and needless fouls are bad enough in midfield, but they'd be worse if made near our penalty area - with our record of defending set pieces.

He's not got the discipline to play left back either- he'll drift forward or into midfield and cause all sorts of problems for our defence.

In my opinion he should be playing in centre midfield (though not while Joey's playing well) or not at all.

Like most have said I don't think Tiatto has the positional discipline to play at Left back, he's effective on the left buzzing about here there and everywhere and does hold onto the ball well taking us across midfield. Momo Sylla i'd worry about more than anyone, promises so much and delivers so little.

As has correctly been pointed out, Tiatto lacks discipline as regards positioning, awareness and committing fouls. His presence in the team even in midfield comes at the expense of team shape and to have him in the back four would cause further disarray IMO.

I admire his all action attitude etc... but to be honest I'd be happy to see him leave. Bring back Freundy! : P

Archived