Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

Tell everyone you know...we've got the worst defence in the world

I used to live in an area where we had earthquakes - and we had a saying: "when the ground shakes... get under the table".  Now, if you are at the bottom of the PL and under pressure in a game you have to have a safety first mentality.  Yet the defenders aren't doing the simple things.  Liverpool's first came from wes deciding to head the ball back to Lallana rather than nod it out for a corner... despite Hamer's pointing, koncheski played a nice ball to carrol.  This is about simple things that we should get right with standing instructions to our players... safety first (if we go one down we are finding it difficult to get back... so don't invite trouble at the back).  Similarly, marking, back tracking, set piece defending and going forward... early diagonal balls in, wingers not crossing should stay wide to collect the over hits, cutting ball back to the D form the byeline, running thru form midfield, our own set pieces... playing Ulloa with vardy as the impact sub... these are all things we should have sorted a month or two months ago.

So, it's not just the defenders themselves it is also the instructions they are given.

Yeah we did... in the championship.

We've been woeful with Hammond in the side as well. Swansea was just about the worst performance of the year (similar to Stoke first half) and he started both of those. Ironically we improved in both when Cambiasso came on.

I think we're pissing in the wind if we are thinking Hammond or Nugent are going to elevate us. Not many people even wanted them in the squad at the start of the year.

At the start of this season too I think?

I'm not a statto but I think I read we had secured our most points when Hammond was playing alongside King.

Like I said weeks ago though..take any of our central mids and you can't get a fag paper between em. None are good enough really.

At the start of this season too I think?

I'm not a statto but I think I read we had secured our most points when Hammond was playing alongside King.

Like I said weeks ago though..take any of our central mids and you can't get a fag paper between em. None are good enough really.

King went off the pitch at half time against Stoke Cambiasso came on (3 points), Cambiasso and Hammond started against United (and finished) King came on around 75 minutes (3 points). That's 6 of the 10 points. Looking at the draws i don't really see much of a pattern either.

We've mixed and matched and tried all sorts. Sometimes it fails, sometimes it works. (mostly fails)

It doesn't matter who we play in the middle, they're all fairly weak but tidy on the ball players and there isn't too much difference between them. Cambiasso can be that bit quicker on the ball and see things that others don't at times, but yesterday he was out of the game and perhaps we could do with other tidy midfielders in there with the same tidiness on the ball but with a bit more legs (Hammond, James). What I would like to see back is Nugent in the hole, did a brilliant job of dropping into midfield without the ball and joining Ulloa with it at the start of the season, and he looked lively yesterday and against Villa.

So I'd play:

Back 5 (not Konchesky)

Knockaert

Drinkwater

James

Mahrez

Nugent

Ulloa

Archived