Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Hull Match Thread

Just got back in with mixed feelings.

First half we was poor , poor marking from Corner's just general terrible defending. Zonal marking from corner's is frigging stupid.

But the 2nd half after they scored we improved greatly , started knocking it around abit more. The thing is i think that we lack creativity there is no movement when McCarthy/Nissa have the ball resulting in them just hoofing it up field. Thats the worse ive seen Maybury play today he gave the ball away on numerous occasions.

Sylla was lazy again at times never tracked back did not look bothered. De Vries played alrite got knackred towards the end but he held the ball up well at times.

One thing that did make me laugh was everytime Hull missed a chance or we did they started chanting ' Easy Easy ' lol

I thought a draw was a fair result in the end.

Very poor weekend. When will we start giving Levein the abuse MA got?

When the results and the football are as dire as that under played MA's - remember Brighton, Watford & Rotherham; not forgetting of course that MA's budget was £5 mill more as well!

Wow just got back from the game, could have been 4-0 to them in the firt half, why don't we learn that zonal marking is crap. We had 11 men in the box and they get a free header. Lets have man marking.

Second half was our i think, after their goal we stepped it up and a good ball by stearman left elvis and mccarthy free at the back post to equalise, rab also made a good stop outside the box with his legs.

Then in the last few minutes their keeper pulled off a great reaction save to stop joey bagging us a winner.

We need big work on our set pieces though, we are rubbish attacking and defending set pieces and thats one thing that will cost us this season IMO.

One point better off than we were at this point last season :unsure:

That's not saying much. I'm sure at the start of the season we would all have expected more than 6 points from 6 games.

As for the game, Muz and Filbertway summed it up well. In the first half we were dire and didn't start to play until around 30 mins into the game. We should have been 3-0 down though cos of our pathetic attempt at 'defending' corners. Williams should never be allowed to take floating corners again - I was going berserk every time he floated corner after corner into the box which was easily defended.

The draw was probably a fair result but the worrying thing about today was the tendency to revert to the long ball. Yes De Vries won a lot in the air (so did Dion) but I really thought our days of long-ball football were behind us. Sadly not on today's evidence. :ermm:

Oi i've kinda got hair like that! I did have anyway until about 2 weeks ago, now its growing again still not long though - probably about the length of Paddys now tbh

I hope it's not the same style though? :unsure:

From the photos, it looks as if he's had "a bowl cut" (you know, the kind of cut obtained at home, cutting all the way around a bowl, while the bowl is lying upside down on top of your head) :S

[sorry Paddy, I am sure it doesn't look that way close-up] :P

I hope it's not the same style though? :unsure:

From the photos, it looks as if he's had "a bowl cut" (you know, the kind of cut obtained at home, cutting all the way around a bowl, while the bowl is lying upside down on top of your head) :S

[sorry Paddy, I am sure it doesn't look that way close-up] :P

I've gone for the long messed up look :unsure:;)

I've gone for the long messed up look :unsure:;)

That's probably a good choice.

Do you have a picture so that we can tell for sure? :P

[sorry if that sounds like chatting up, I am genuinely interested in the hairstyle though !!! ]

So that's 1 point from a possible 6 over the weekend against two of the promoted clubs. And a lucky one at that after that first half performance :devil: Looks like another bottom half finish when we continue to start with no strikers with pace.

And still no league away win since December

Summed up nicely! If we carry on the way we are going then we can forget about play-off completly! Lets just hope the international break helps!

Archived