Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

Cricket v Football

Hi everyone, thought this would make an interesting topic of debate. I was listening to the Radio 5 phone in earlier and its amazing the amount of people who seem to be making the switch from football to cricket at the moment in terms of interest and I have to say I am one of them.

There has been absolutely nothing in the football season so far that has given me any inspiration, Leicester or otherwise. I have found the cricket a lot more enthralling. Before the series I was not really into cricket whatsoever but like many, I have found myself gripped to the TV for every minute of the recent tests as it is pure drama and as Richie Bennett described it, its not just a sport but also a human drama as the game of cricket is based around the errors of the people who play it.

So I was just wondering if people felt the same, I'm not losing my passion for Leicester or anything daft like that before anyone says anything but I think the attitude of the players in the cricket in particular on both sides has put footballers around the Premiership to shame. What do you all think?

I have always enjoyed both but the cricket has been more exciting this year. Not jsut because of the Ashes but the standard of cricket on a whole, at county and international level has been good!

Cricket fever has hit England but come October, everyone will be back to Football and Rugby. There wont be any cricket until Xmas with England going to Sri Lanka i think so i reckon peoples attention will turn to football again. But you are right, there hasnt been much in football this year yet that has given any excitement or thrill!

Hi everyone, thought this would make an interesting topic of debate. I was listening to the Radio 5 phone in earlier and its amazing the amount of people who seem to be making the switch from football to cricket at the moment in terms of interest and I have to say I am one of them.

There has been absolutely nothing in the football season so far that has given me any inspiration, Leicester or otherwise. I have found the cricket a lot more enthralling. Before the series I was not really into cricket whatsoever but like many, I have found myself gripped to the TV for every minute of the recent tests as it is pure drama and as Richie Bennett described it, its not just a sport but also a human drama as the game of cricket is based around the errors of the people who play it.

So I was just wondering if people felt the same, I'm not losing my passion for Leicester or anything daft like that before anyone says anything but I think the attitude of the players in the cricket in particular on both sides has put footballers around the Premiership to shame. What do you all think?

LCFC then should make really good human drama,as if its based around the errors of the people who play it then after Saturdays game every player would be a star.

I have followed cricket a bit more recently in that I know what the scores are and how were England are doing in the Ashes, but that's only because of the Ashes. I still can't stand watching cricket on TV and certainly would never go to watch a live cricket match because I find it boring.

i think that the cricket has been great this year and i have been watching more than ever but i still watched all the tests the other years just this one has been gripping.

would you go to the saturday at the Oval or leicester v sheffield wednesday is tickets for both were available too you :S:blink:

football is my life but im well in to cricket and in to rugby as well for that matter , cricket is so chilled out compared to footy . at grace road you can go on the pitch at half time imagine that down the city!

yesterday there was a loadmouth aussie few rows down from us and everyone kept nickin his hat and slinging it as far as they could , he got so much stick lol but never did anyone get the arse , it was just a cracking day!!

I wouldn't make a move to Cricket because i'm not a fan of cricket, but on saturday I said soon i'll fuk football of and start watching Rugby and that was a shock decsion because Leicester lost because even if I stopped going ot watch Leicester I would NEVER stop support Leicester - The reason I said i'd fuk football off is because referees are simply ruining football games now, fair enough on saturday the referees decsions (apart from the pen) didn't help Luton score there 1st goal - the damage was done after the 1st goal, and then the referee and most referees this season have just been a joke, its a sad fact I am tempted to stop watching football because of something so stupid but its so true, The FA the Football League want to ruin games with the poor excuse of referees then i'm sorry but you've lost one fan of football :wave:

Currently I can't see me stoping watching football but if it goes on for much longer i'll being going to the tigers!

Don't believe the hype.

Enjoyable though the Ashes series has been, cricket will never have the same appeal as football.

How many pubs have you seen with punters eager to watch a cricket match?

If England reach the World Cup finals next year, and do well, cricket won't even get a look in!

Crickets are only grabbing our attention because it is Ashes now and England are winning instead of Australia that haven't happened for lik 17 years or something but if England are losing all attention would be on football as normal but well done to Vaughan and co for wonderful cricket and exellecent models they earn much less than footballers but they try harder than footballers thumb up for cricketers but you just can't beat football

Archived