Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Visiting_Eagle

Crystal Palace (H) - Visiting Supporters Advice

Leicester fans, I require some help…

As you can probably make out from my imaginative username I am a Crystal Palace supporter and will be visiting Leicester and the King Power for the very first time on Saturday.

I will be travelling by train and arriving nice and early but have a pre-booked train back from Leicester at 18:00 which should be plenty of time too.

However, I just wanted to ask you Leicester fans whether there are normally buses back to the station immediately after the game or what the best way of getting back that, ideally, does not involve walking?

Also, are there any recommended places to drink pre-match that are usually considered ‘away only or away friendly’?

Thanks in advance.Leicester fans, I require some help…

As you can probably make out from my imaginative username I am a Crystal Palace supporter and will be visiting Leicester and the King Power for the very first time on Saturday.

I will be travelling by train and arriving nice and early but have a pre-booked train back from Leicester at 18:00 which should be plenty of time too.

However, I just wanted to ask you Leicester fans whether there are normally buses back to the station immediately after the game or what the best way of getting back that, ideally, does not involve walking?

Also, are there any recommended places to drink pre-match that are usually considered ‘away only or away friendly’?

Thanks in advance.

There are some decent boozers near the station if you can't wait to wet your whistle (the parcel yard on the left as you come out). Depending on which way you walk/if you get a taxi depends on the next options. You could walk down new walk and go to "the pub" that's a place with great beer but no atmosphere, or you could go in to town where you'll find your standard chains like spoons, walkabout etc.

Nearer the ground people recommended the counting house but I've never been, I go the soar point which are fine with away fans but it's the other direction.

After the game I think the best option is to walk, if you can't be bothered/physically can't then book a taxi from within easy walking distance from the ground.

Please stay safe, enjoy your day, have fun, and plesse let us win.

parcel yard outside station will welcome you as an away fan now worries. so long as not in a large group.

as for getting back. you will easily walk back in that time. infact you should have time for a pint.

buses are a no go from our ground. we aren't that well organised.

as for a taxi. I'd avoid that as well mate. unless you can pick up a black cab on the main road. it's a nightmare to get around the roads and side streets near our place. unless you pre book one for about 5.30 allowing traffic to die down a bit.

Cheers Unabomber & Bayfox, much appreciated.

Vicki Vixen – Nothing is stopping me walking back to the station but I have been to many grounds where I am told “it’s only 10-20 mins that way” but when you are new to somewhere and don’t know where you’re going it is not as simple and easy compared to if you are a local.  I have ended up walking around for ages trying to get back and when you have a booked train to catch I have to make sure I am back in time.

As I say, It is the 6pm train so have over an hour to get back so no problems really.  I just like to jump on a bus to get back to the station or immediate vicinity so I am there with time to spare(and maybe time for a quick post-match pint!).

P.S.  We don’t have any vuvuzelas but we do have very pretty flags to make the away end colourful!

post-72-0-20736200-1423047757_thumb.jpg

Walking route recommended by Google maps but as you can see there are plenty of options on the way.

They suggest it's a 27min walk.

I would most certainly walk. The traffic around the ground is an absolute nightmare. Bus stops are full of people and there would be no guarantee you would make it to the station for 6pm if you got on a bus. Dont think you will even get out of the ground until closer to 5pm. Take the safe option and walk.

Cheers kingcarr21, this is what I’ll do then as this seems to be the common advice.

By the way, whilst I have nothing against Nottingham Forest, your profile picture made me laugh!

lol Spread the word. Let it be known to all supporters of all clubs that Forest are a laughing stock and absolutely shit.

Archived