Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hitesh

The future of Leicester City

I am struggling to understand where the board is trying to take this club![1] We have just sold one of our best players for £2m. I am struggling to understand the reason why we need to sell him and the only one i can think is MONEY![2] Does this suggest the the board of directors are more interested in money than the acutal footballing position of the club?

[3]

What is Leicester City? A business or a football club. [3]From this sale i think it PROVES that football isnt about Football Clubs anymore. Its purely about money. I am very disappointed in the club because i dont see any ambition. They are only looking at the short term benefits and there is no looking beyond christmas! If they kept Connolly, there would be a good chance that Leicester City would be in the play-offs! Then we would get way more than £2m just for being in the play-offs!

I understand that the club may need to survive but if they knew that they needed to sell him why wait until the last day of the deadline. Therefore, it shows that we dont desperatly need the money and its just the chairmans being greedy. if we continue like this the club is going nowhere!

Today is a sad day for Leicester City Football Club but a very happy day for Leicester City Football Club LTD! :nono:

[1] - Been saying it for years

[2] - Yes - Fans play no part whatsoever and tbh can't see the Foxes "Its your Club" Trust doing much either

[3] - Sadly as you say Football is now a buisness

Been a great bit of business and I am quite pleased with the strikers we have bought in. Just because Connely has had a good start to the season it don't mean he is going to fire us into the premiership. Yes he was a good player but also a player who could be replaced. I for one think he has been over rated for alot of you. 17 goals in 48 starts. Not brilliant.

Been a great bit of business and I am quite pleased with the strikers we have bought in. Just because Connely has had a good start to the season it don't mean he is going to fire us into the premiership. Yes he was a good player but also a player who could be replaced. I for one think he has been over rated for alot of you. 17 goals in 48 starts. Not brilliant.

I know what you're doing. He was super and you know it!

As soon as we have a chance of promotion with a good set of players a club will come in with any offer and we sell them.

Well that's just life i'm afraid. LCFC has ALWAYS been a selling club, every club in this division is open to getting their players poached by premier clubs.

Until we turn into Manchester United it will never be any different!!!

If Connolly wanted to go then let him go for gods sake.

[1] - Been saying it for years

[2] - Yes - Fans play no part whatsoever and tbh can't see the Foxes "Its your Club" Trust doing much either

[3] - Sadly as you say Football is now a buisness

If it's not run as a business - and properly run - you won't have a club as if the administration episode didn't bring that home starkly enough.

Most fans clearly recognise this. How would you run a football club? Would you let it keep leaking money? Not if it were your money you wouldn't.

Oh yes, and I think fans do play a part. A big part. Not saying every decision is what they want just as not every opinion on here is the same as mine. But these threads get read and they get back to the club. Make no mistake of that.

With forums like this the fans are probably more powerful than they've ever been and, thankfully for the club, there's a lot of sense talked amid the flippancy and the frustration etc.

Everyone moaned how our strikeforce hasnt got any pace well now we've got two lightening quick strikers, one of which can score a whole range of goals and the other can deputise on the wing to good effect.

I don't blame Connolly, he's not a Leicester fan like all of us, this is just another club in his career,and at 28 if you or I were at any other club and got a chance to play in the Premiership at his age we'd do it, lets face it. The fee we've got for him is top stuff, just proves how desperate Wigan are and we've benefited from it.

I said after the Luton and Hull games Connolly was going you could tell , his heart was'nt in it any more , he did'nt look intrested. If we had rejected the bid from Wigan Conners would have continued to be de motivated and would not have give the club his all. Or we could sell him and bring in a young , quick , skillfull and versatile striker.

Hume also has magnificent work rate ive seen him in live action once when i went to Tranmere with a few mates who are Chesterfield fans , he was all over the place everytime he got the ball he looked as if he could create or score a goal.

I am delighted at this signing , Im glad we got him and not Riordan/Boyd.

Everyone stop over reacting sit back and realise how good of a deal we got today and think about the potential Hume has.

Hammond im not too sure about. He has all the effort but I think he is a Tricky Trev part 2 :rolleyes: against Crewe he looked sharp but it looks like he has not got that little extra that is needed to score plenty of goals.

I would have rather played 300k for Boyd instead of getting Hammond.

Ah well roll on the 10th of September!

BLUE ARMY!

I know what you're doing. He was super and you know it!

Super?

If you look up some threads you will see me having a pop at him and comparing him with the one Ade! That was some time back before he started playing well. But I have never been a great fan of his.

But how can you call him super? Super in this division or super? Does 17 in 48 games super? Compare that to Dickovs strike rate in this division, he must be world class compared to Connely then.

The problem here I see is we did well in getting the tranmere striker but 300k was wasted on elvis who has still yet to score, instead we should have got another striker then I think most fans would have been satisfied. The remainding money is it available for loans/january or debts/board.

I also agree that connoly may have been alerted to wigan interest a while ago hence his dip in form for his last game.

Archived