Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

IF we stay up , is it our greatest achievement ever?

Greatest ever achievement? Really?

We're not even considered the most likely not to stay up! That's QPR

The best odds that you can get on us to stay up is 4/1. To put this into perspective we're more likely to stay up than Norwich (5/1) or Watford (5/1) are to win the championship or Chelsea to win the League Cup next season (5/1)

Would anyone consider them great achievements?

I think the protagonist here shows just how far our club and the expectations surrounding it has fallen in the past few years post MoN. This current team ranks alongside some of the poorest I have since since I started supporting, admittedly not until 1897.

Our centre backs and midlfield are pitiful - right and left back Div 1 quality, strikers, well we'll never know as they never get to play up front and the wingers we have are lightweights who can't really control the ball and rarely cross. Martin would have dropped the lot I reckon - maybe kept Huth and possibly could have got Nuge playing to his best every week but most of the others are tripe and wouldn't have been at the club within a few months

Two things

1. Our current team is not miles better than the team we had under Mon.

2. I think you will find it was three top ten finishes under o'neil three league cup finals winning two losing one.

Even better, was 4 top 10 finishes under MON ......... 9th, 10th, 10th & 8th.

I think the protagonist here shows just how far our club and the expectations surrounding it has fallen in the past few years post MoN. This current team ranks alongside some of the poorest I have since since I started supporting, admittedly not until 1897.

Don't put yourself down.  Few clubs have supporters with as long a history as you. :)

The greatest escape in premiership history? And the biggest achievement in our clubs history too?..

Possibly, but only in the same way as you have to lose 15 stone to win Weight Watcher of the year and unless you are a supremely fat bastard to start with, you stand no chance.

Staying up we have done many times, staying up from this position I don't think we have.

Technically better?! You are crazy.

Our side had flair last season as the opposition was dog shite so it was easier to appear better, i have seen feck all flair this season, the recent hull game was genuinely like watching paint dry an the majority of the squad have been well and truly found out this season.

I think you should watch this and have a think about who is better technically or other wise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IpUzmCM51Q

Enjoyed reliving that again!

:thumbup:

Archived