Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
newtonfox

Would a protest work

HI everyone on here

I dont know if you have seen this or not yet but we on talkingballs are very very pissed off .

we have been talking about season tickets for the new up coming season .

which you can read here http://www.talkingballs.co.uk/showthread.php?t=23692

after starting this thread we found out from the foxes trust something that could affect you all

Originally Posted by Foxes_Trust View Post

An article detailing what was said about pricing at the Trust AGM

http://foxestrust.co.uk/site/index.p...d=451&Itemid=2

Here are the key points from Paul Aldridge’s response

* The club were working on prices (at time of the AGM) and an increase is needed

* There are a number of anomalies that will take 2 or 3 years to iron out.

* Due to those anomalies some Season Ticket Prices may not rise, while others may go up by as much as 15% (although subsequent discussion indicated less than 10%)

* The club wants to extend & make more flexible the Direct Debit terms

* Talked of a flexible monthly charge say £2 - £4, shorter term Direct Debits would attract a smaller monthly charge

* Charge would only cover administration & ensure that fans paying up front are not subsidising instalment payments of others….

the bit ive made bold is what has got our blood up

A protest is being talked about for the last 3 home games

which you can read here http://www.talkingballs.co.uk/showthread.p...5209#post655209

i hope we mite as two sites work together and spread the word about the said prise rise for some and not all

thanks

newt's

I have 1 question

Why the need to increase for some and not for others?

Also the ultimate form of protest is not to buy a ST next year.

We don't know why TBH thats one thing the club have not made clear .

yes that has been said but on the whole the said protest would let them know a lot quicker and maybe do somthing about it ,as we all love football we don't want to not go to games at the end of the day .

I have 1 question

Why the need to increase for some and not for others?

Also the ultimate form of protest is not to buy a ST next year.

i agree surely if the season ticket prices are going up they should go up for everyone.

I'd be up for it, but the reason for my presence would be aimed more at the players, during the match i'll support them, at the end of the day what else can you do? But the reason i've been so annoyed for the past 4/5 years is the players, I know they havn't been the same players but its still the same result - shite.

I don't expect us to be played amazing football, We're not a "top class side", I expect to lose every now and then, but every week barr the odd ray of light isn't good enough, and even if we had a slightly better, more capable, team of doing even the simple things I don't think people would be that bothered about a slight rise in ST prices. But to be watching this shite year after year and then ask for even a slight rise on ST's is pathetic, and what is happening on the pitch is reflected by that. So I would be up for it (Although it'll never happen, I've seen protests wanted to be set up time and time again and it's never happened) but i'll only be their to have my say/get it off my chest aiming at the players.

Originally Posted by newtonfox View Post

The way to do this could work in two parts

Part one ,

As the players come out just before kick off ,don't clap or cheer and turn round and show them your backs .

Part two ,

a sit in at the end of the game till we get someone out like MM and Ollie and the players just let them know how we feel.

Last game of the season. If the players dare do a lap of honour, everyone should go to the front and throw there season tickets at them.

I'm behind any sort of protest.

As the players come out just before kick off ,don't clap or cheer and turn round and show them your backs .

Especially this, very Italian Ultra. I do like. :cool:

Although, do you think there will be a discount like last year for those in there 3rd or more year as a ST holder?
Benefits Aplenty For New Season

Posted on: Fri 21 Mar 2008

Leicester City have yet to finalise season-ticket prices for 2008/09 but are able to confirm a number of benefits for the new campaign.

Season-ticket holders will continue to receive the best deal in recognition of their continued and valuable support, with benefits including:

* An Early Bird cut-off date of May 31, 2008 before which ALL Leicester City supporters will be eligible to purchase a season-ticket at a discounted price.

* A new 'Flexible Payment Plan', allowing Foxes fans the opportunity to secure their season-ticket for a £50 deposit and to then spread the cost through until December, 2008.

* A new 'Family Season-Ticket' offering families an additional discount if they purchase seats together in the Marks Electrical Family Stand.

* A new 'Exclusive Season-Ticket Holders Benefit Package' giving season-ticket holders improved and exclusive benefits every month from June 2008 right through until May 2009.

Foxes fans can pledge their support to City's important 2008/09 campaign by committing to a season-ticket NOW.

Supporters can contact the Ticket Office either by email: [email protected] or visit the Ticket Office in person, providing their full contact details, including mobile telephone number, date of birth and e-mail address.

A further announcement regarding prices will be made in due course.

Yes but wont mean much if we get a 10%-15% rise

Last game of the season. If the players dare do a lap of honour, everyone should go to the front and throw there season tickets at them.

What about a big flag, like last year, that Freeserve banner thing that they bought out, we could have one saying 'No to increase in ST prices'. Just a Thought. :dunno:

Part one ,

Part two ,

a sit in at the end of the game till we get someone out like MM and Ollie and the players just let them know how we feel.

definately part two because surely part one is not supporting the team and thats the opposite of what we want to do.

What about a big flag, like last year, that Freeserve banner thing that they bought out, we could have one saying 'No to increase in ST prices'. Just a Thought. :dunno:

If you're paying, yeah.

I'm not sure, Whether they do a lap of 'honour' or not they'll get slagged off tbf, like last year certain players we're just going to run down the tunnel but Birch literally had to grad hold of them and make them go round the pitch.

If they'd ran down the tunnel i'd have slagged them of for being ignorant twats and it just shows what they think and care about us fans, but when they did come round I get abit of a chant going "Duh Duh Duh Duh Fuking Useless".

So to be fair to them they can't win, But if they do come round the pitch at the end of the season I agree, shout at them, throw your season tickets at them, e.t.c

Part one ,

Part two ,

definately part two because surely part one is not supporting the team and thats the opposite of what we want to do.

No as we all can get behind them while the game is playing just nothing as the come out or go off out at half time

No as we all can get behind them while the game is playing just nothing as the come out or go off out at half time

Surely they'll appreciate the silence at half time as opposed to the boos?

I don't think a protest will work!

Not because it's a bad idea but Leicester fans on the whole are awful supporters. They have no passion, no voice on match day, if I was a player I would not give 2 s**ts about them. 95% of the "fans" can't even sing when we are at home so how many will protest?

I would say that most fans who are "protest material" and likely to go along with your suggestion, are situated at the top of the Kop and L & K (I believe this as they are the most vocal and expressive on match days) and the club may like their revenue they get from those fans, but dislike the trouble they cause the club with the H&S clipboard holders by standing at Home.

For the above reasons you won't get the numbers to scare the powers that be. Even if you do get what 300, the club may not wish these "type" of fans to be back, as, are they more trouble than they are worth?

I don't think a protest will work!

Not because it's a bad idea but Leicester fans on the whole are awful supporters. They have no passion, no voice on match day, if I was a player I would not give 2 s**ts about them. 95% of the "fans" can't even sing when we are at home so how many will protest?

I would say that most fans who are "protest material" and likely to go along with your suggestion, are situated at the top of the Kop and L & K (I believe this as they are the most vocal and expressive on match days) and the club may like their revenue they get from those fans, but dislike the trouble they cause the club with the H&S clipboard holders by standing at Home.

For the above reasons you won't get the numbers to scare the powers that be. Even if you do get what 300, the club may not wish these "type" of fans to be back, as, are they more trouble than they are worth?

I agree with you ,i only said being talked about ,but we can not keep letting the club walk all over us this way ,ive been a season ticket holder now for over 20 years and what they are planning to do is just wrong IMO

I agree with you ,i only said being talked about ,but we can not keep letting the club walk all over us this way ,ive been a season ticket holder now for over 20 years and what they are planning to do is just wrong IMO

Have you spoke to the FoxesTrust about this? Surely they'd be willing to hope with publicity and whatnot to people that aren't on the forums.

But ST's will rise with inflation, I can accept that as a legitimate reason.

I don't see how for instance the east stand should rise in price but the west stay the same or what ever stand?

However we may be looking at this the wrong way, maybe it will be the cooperates and the west stand that will rise :rolleyes::giggle:

Archived