Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Micky Adams - Sign of a Desperate Man

Micky Adams Before the Match

The City manager wants some of the crowd to think about changing their attitude as well.

Adams tagged their treatment of some of his players so far this season as "disgraceful'' and is hoping for better support this evening.

City were pegged back on Saturday by a fluke strike from goalkeeper Andy Lonergan when they were seemingly coasting to victory in the first of the two quick clashes with Preston.

But the eventual 1-1 draw brought derision from some of the home crowd, not for the first time.

Adams said: "I have got to say the treatment of certain players has been disgraceful. The reaction to Kevin Pressman and Gareth Williams on Saturday was particularly poor.

"Regardless of how the team are doing, the fans should get behind them. How do they expect the players to do well if they are not getting support and is it any wonder we have done better away from home this season?"I would rather any of the stick the fans want to dish out comes on me, not the players. I don't mind taking it because I will just get on with the job

Micky Adams Via Alan Cork After the Match

Leicester City were blasted for their "absolute rubbish" defending after crashing out of the Carling Cup to 10-men Preston North End at the Walkers Stadium last night.

City went out 3-2 in extra-time after conceding a 90th-minute penalty equaliser and boss Micky Adams was so seething at the outcome he let assistant manager Alan Cork comment afterwards.

Cork was in no doubt where the faults lay and said: "You are 30 seconds away, all you have to do is put your foot through the ball, move up and you have won the game."But instead you play a five-yard ball, end up giving a penalty away and confidence just went down the drain.

"When you are down to 10 men like they were and you get a goal it gives you a lift and you could see what it did to our lot.

"When we got to 2-1 up, we had a chance for three or four but, having said that, our defending was absolute rubbish, under-12 schoolboy stuff some of it.

"We have given three silly goals away at the Walkers Stadium. Not like Saturday when it was a farcical goal. Tommy Wright came on and hit the post and we should have won 2-1. This time, we should have won again by three or four.

"They are experienced players, but maybe too quiet when they should be working it out."

Pot and Kettle there methinks Micky - Shame it's taken you and your managment team, who are paid £100,000s 13 games to spot what the fans, who have paid hard earn money to watch saw from the 2nd game of the season.

MAs have you ever thought maybe, just maybe it is something to do with you why confidence is so low. I say, as one who didn't boo the players don't ever criticise the supporters again for voicing their opinions.

This shows quite clearly you really 'do not know what you are doing'

Micky didn't even have the guts to face the media himself. It's all well and good taking the credit when things go your way (promotion etc), but he's not willing to accept that the results and performances are his responsibility when we lose!

the worst thing any manager could possibly say. What bad treatment of Pressman?

24630[/snapback]

I think he's referring to the ironic cheers when he subsequently CAUGHT the ball.

Message to MAs: that's not bad treatment it's called ironic humour one of the mainstays of being a football fan. After all if you can't laugh, snigger at yourself or denigrate yourself in a humourous way then you must be a

MISERABLE GIT

Archived