Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox42

Mark Clattenburg

14 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Cant fault the man for looking out for his financial freedom.  Not the greatest country to move to but with his celebrity status im sure he will live like a king there.

Financial freedom? I suspect he was getting  very good money managing in the Premier League and doing European games. If you ask me its greed same as players.

The majority of Players don't even know they are born. Some(well all mid to top end players) earn more in one week than we will in around 10 years. So no it is complete bullshit if a player moves for more money, I couldn't give a shit if its a short career but with what they earn in that time they could more than secure a few generations of family with those earnings.

16 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Shouldve held out for China :schmike:

is there a transfer window on refs? he could start a bidding war and move leagues every 3 months.

8 hours ago, Ashley said:

Financial freedom? I suspect he was getting  very good money managing in the Premier League and doing European games. If you ask me its greed same as players.

The majority of Players don't even know they are born. Some(well all mid to top end players) earn more in one week than we will in around 10 years. So no it is complete bullshit if a player moves for more money, I couldn't give a shit if its a short career but with what they earn in that time they could more than secure a few generations of family with those earnings.

Greed is the devil, thats for damn sure. Thing is its hard to judge because the average folk like you and i dont have that kind of money (unless you are vardy in disguise) and who knows what we would do. Its easy for us to say we wouldnt be greedy but when you think about making the most for your family its possible we would do the same.

Of course i'd hope that i'd never do that but i havent been corrupted  by money  yet...maybe because im not rich hehe.

Im sure its really tempting when someone  says "hey do you want 1 million a year or 10"? You start thinking about what you could do with that other 9

52 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Im sure its really tempting when someone  says "hey do you want 1 million a year or 10"? You start thinking about what you could do with that other 9

Exactly. You're an idiot if you don't take a long hard think about taking a job offer like the one he's had. He's a referee ffs, its not exactly stardom, and in fairness besides a world cup (i think) he's ref'd in all the top games he can, and i'm sure he'll still be in line to referee at the WC in 2018 too. Why would you even want to be a referee in today's game anyway, particularly in this country. I dare say he won't be getting too much attention on Saudi Arabian Match of the Day

Archived