Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

And at Mansfield....

I see a cross by Alan Sheehan fed the scorer for Masnfield's first goal and a Sheehan corner was converted for their second in a 2-2 draw with Notts County today following Sheehan's loan extension. He seemed to be involved a lot according to the BBC.

I see a cross by Alan Sheehan fed the scorer for Masnfield's first goal and a Sheehan corner was converted for their second in a 2-2 draw with Notts County today following Sheehan's loan extension. He seemed to be involved a lot according to the BBC.

I can see him staying there. He's playing well i hear and he can't (even though he should) get near our first team.

I can see him staying there. He's playing well i hear and he can't (even though he should) get near our first team.

I reckon you're right mate. He'll end up staying there and playing for them on a permanent basis, and I for one will not blame him at all.

He's good enough to be in our first team, but isn't even being allowed a sniff.

Still good to know he's doing well though.

Did he play in midfield? Or did they play 5 at the back? And why do they keep subbing him, 72 minutes this time.

To give the opposition a chance!!! :D:D:D

Looking at the BBC teams list it seems that Jelleyman might have played left back and Sheehan left midfield but that's not confirmed. Anyway they were leading 2-1 when he went off.

All this 'when will Kelly see the light' stuff is harsh. Porter's come into the team this season, now Logan. Logan of course went on loan last season, and this seemed to sharpen him up a bit, and a first team position followed. Perhaps Kelly has a plan for Sheehan, and feels that 2 or 3 months of first team action elsewhere will accelerate that plan. We can hardly be described as an aging team now we have the likes of Stearman, Logan, McCarthy, Fryatt, Porter and Wesolowski playing regularly

All this 'when will Kelly see the light' stuff is harsh. Porter's come into the team this season, now Logan. Logan of course went on loan last season, and this seemed to sharpen him up a bit, and a first team position followed. Perhaps Kelly has a plan for Sheehan, and feels that 2 or 3 months of first team action elsewhere will accelerate that plan. We can hardly be described as an aging team now we have the likes of Stearman, Logan, McCarthy, Fryatt, Porter and Wesolowski playing regularly

I take your point but Kelly's still had a long time to get an attacking left-back. Unfortunately we need one before our crisis deepens not after. I really don't mind if it's AS or someone else.

I take your point but Kelly's still had a long time to get an attacking left-back. Unfortunately we need one before our crisis deepens not after. I really don't mind if it's AS or someone else.

I hear ( from a probably unreliable source ) that Kelly thinks a lot of Sheehan, but feels he needs a few rough edges knocking off ( discipline for one ) and that's why he's on loan, so he can get first team action in a more physical league than ours. Nils is definately off at the end of the season, and if Sheehan proves he can learn ( and he's only 20 ish ) I would have thought he is a shoe-in next season.

I hear ( from a probably unreliable source ) that Kelly thinks a lot of Sheehan, but feels he needs a few rough edges knocking off ( discipline for one ) and that's why he's on loan, so he can get first team action in a more physical league than ours. Nils is definately off at the end of the season, and if Sheehan proves he can learn ( and he's only 20 ish ) I would have thought he is a shoe-in next season.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm! Accept every word of what you say as being the truth although I still think Kelly's using his stance as an excuse to avoid taking the awkward decision to leave Nils out in favour of the more attacking Sheehan.

You wouldn't call McCarthy especially disciplined, or Kisnorbo judging by his two sendings off but whatever...

If Sheehan's really serious about Championship football it is up to him to overcome any perceived injustice, to concentrate on building up his experience and consistency and to be ready temperamentally to snatch his opportunity if it is ever offered again.

I still think Sheehan is in the management's thoughts. :yesyes:

Wasn't O'Grady given his chance by RK after his loan period? Can't recall him being in a CL squad... he got his chance after MDV and DD had left (so when RK had taken over). Perhaps that's the plan for Sheehan too.

Logan too - he went out on loan, and now he's made his way into the first team. We turned down an offer to sell him, too. You also have to wonder about Sheehan's situation - he signed a contract extension not so long ago - hardly a signal that we intend to get rid soon. :pinch:

I still reckon his period on loan is to prepare him for a return to the club.

But perhaps I'm just blindly optimistic that Sheehan will get his chance, who knows? :blink:

Wasn't O'Grady given his chance by RK after his loan period? Can't recall him being in a CL squad... he got his chance after MDV and DD had left (so when RK had taken over). Perhaps that's the plan for Sheehan too.

But perhaps I'm just blindly optimistic that Sheehan will get his chance, who knows? :blink:

But if Mansfield were to come in with a bid for him, do you think we would reject it? i doubt it.

But if Mansfield were to come in with a bid for him, do you think we would reject it? i doubt it.

I don't think we'd accept it.

Perhaps Sheehan is seen as the natural successor to Nils at LB - hence he's out on loan keeping match fit while Nils is doing little wrong. Nils' contract is up at the end of this season - if we don't renew it (he must be among the more expensive players because he came down fromt he Premiership) then we'd have to find a replacement somewhere. You can either stick with what we have already - Sheehan, or get someone in on a free (or buy someone if we sell a player like Maybury or Stearman).

I still think Sheehan has a future with the foxes, basically. :yesyes:

Yep, also since he's been there they've lost 1-0, 2-0, 1-0, 2-1 and 4-0 in the space of a month. Let's keep a balance on these thoughts shall we, i'm not saying he was directly at fault for all goals conceeded since he's been there, but primarily he's a defender.

Yep, also since he's been there they've lost 1-0, 2-0, 1-0, 2-1 and 4-0 in the space of a month. Let's keep a balance on these thoughts shall we, i'm not saying he was directly at fault for all goals conceeded since he's been there, but primarily he's a defender.

He was up at the other end of the pitch at the time. :thumbsup:

I don't think we'd accept it.

Perhaps Sheehan is seen as the natural successor to Nils at LB - hence he's out on loan keeping match fit while Nils is doing little wrong. Nils' contract is up at the end of this season - if we don't renew it (he must be among the more expensive players because he came down fromt he Premiership) then we'd have to find a replacement somewhere. You can either stick with what we have already - Sheehan, or get someone in on a free (or buy someone if we sell a player like Maybury or Stearman).

I still think Sheehan has a future with the foxes, basically. :yesyes:

(You forgot to mention Mattock.)

Logan too - he went out on loan, and now he's made his way into the first team. We turned down an offer to sell him, too. You also have to wonder about Sheehan's situation - he signed a contract extension not so long ago - hardly a signal that we intend to get rid soon. :pinch:

Too right. Everyone expects youngsters to come straight into the team, but I would rather they get experience from goingg out on loan so applaud the current stance of sending players like Logan and O'Grady out to see how they cope with regular first team football.

Boston really rated Logan and stuck a bid in for him, which we turned down, so I don't think we are loaning players with a view to sale.

I'm sure Mansfield have won and drawn games since he's been there and that he's not played in every game but if you check his results record at Leicester you'll find it's excellent.

And if he's primarily a defender I don't know why I'm even talking about him. Nils is perfectly efficient as primarily a defender. And Kenton.

Sheehan, to me, primarily provides a constructive link between defence and attack and then provides support to those attacks.

And if he's primarily a defender I don't know why I'm even talking about him. Nils is perfectly efficient as primarily a defender. And Kenton.

Sheehan, to me, primarily provides a constructive link between defence and attack and then provides support to those attacks.

yes.. but he's still a defender. The fact that he is attack mind is a bonus, a luxury in fact, but the position is Left defence. I despise nils playing for our team, for the reason that contradicts what i've just said in that he is too defensive minded. But you cant just judge a defender on assissts, preventing the other team from scoring is, believe it or not, part of the game of football.

Archived