-
Posts
1,145 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by Iwebema
-
We absolutely have to fix central midfield. We cant play all season with one of skipp/soumare playing every week and winks who is comfortably the best of the lot, but doesn't want to be here.
-
I feel for him, inherited a broken squad full of mercenaries who dont want to be here. Minimal leaders in the dressing room and we are in the middle of a fire sale. Hes not even been able to sign anyone he wants outside of Begovic. Need to give him alot of time I think
-
I think hes a few more performances like that away from ending up as a league one/two journeyman. I appreciate hes one of the few who does care, and you can never fault the effort, but technically hes absolutely dreadful.
-
Nice to see a lot of the youth players given minutes, disjointed performance. Some of the senior players, mainly Soumare and Skipp need to hang their heads. We are desperately in need of someone in the middle that is decent and wants to be here. Soumare in particular put in one of the most embarrassing performances ive seen, even by his own atrocious standards. Not overly fussed, dont need the extra games, but weve got some bad eggs still that need to go.
-
Soumare is just so unbelievably bad. I cant believe I still have to watch him.
-
Great finish, but no one engages him until hes in the box. See this alot with some of this group, they just dont have the hunger to get stuck in, very passive.
-
I thought KDH was in that period aswell? If not then yes not as much, but still quite a big number with a net loss. I'm just not sure we can invest that much, I think weve really messed up against PSR. 22/23 - loss of 89m 23/24 - loss of 19m 24/25 TBC But I thought because of the season in the championship we could only lose a total of £83m? That said 89m drops off after this? So depending on what we did last season we might be fine going forward? Apologies if any of that is wrong thats just how I understood it 👍
-
I think we are financially ****ed, 2 seasons in the championship in the rolling 3 year period brings allowable losses down to about 61 million at the end of this season? We were 19m in losses last time in the championship despite selling over 100m of players. And I think we can be sure we were negative again last year spending 90m and our wage bill was still astronomical for a newly promoted side. It wouldn't surprise me if we need to be operating in profit this year to not have the league come after us for a 3rd time.
-
I think I saw Ricardo wont be fit so I assume it will be Stolarcyk Hamza Nelsen Okoli Thomas Winks Skipp BEK Mavididi Fatawu Ayew Begovic JJ Faes Vestergaard Soumare Monga Mcateer Alves Daka Just writing that down, its quite a strong squad for the championship, I'd prefer to have a proper striker, sell soumare and bring in someone like brownhill. But on paper its a decent start
-
Crikey, I remember everyone making a valid argument we shouldn't retire the 9 and it should be something every young player strives for. I dont think anyone should have it until they earn it. But weve just given it away 🤷♂️
-
Ipswich back to it. Dreadful dreadful performance. Get a handout, nick a point.
-
I think this would be a decent signing and makes sense. You never know in football, but its hard to see him working out like Bobby Reid. My assumption is we have to sell soumare and/or ndidi so it will be needed! I really just want to see more confirmed outgoings 🙏
-
No real issues here if we assume mads is off, worked with Marti at QPR so one for the dressing room aswell which is just as important.
-
It would make the most sense, but we are so unbelievably lazy and lackadaisical part of me thinks they might just forget. You can imagine Top saying to Rudkin on the 8th of August "you did hire that spanish guy, right?" And Rudkin saying "I thought you were doing that?" 😅
-
Is that Martí Cifuentes or Martí Cifuentes?
-
I think there are alot of red flags with all of the names we are being linked with and I wish we cast the net much wider than we do in our searches. For me personally its just been about bringing someone in who can make the most of the academy and focus attention there. I'm not that bothered about going back up instantly if we are trying to build sustainably and you can see a longer term vision. He may not be that but hes closer to it than the short term options. I do think its a risk though, especially if we have to go back up this season because of the financial mess, then you'd have to say Dyche would be the one, its hard to see him failing in the championship with this squad, despite the worries I would have about the longer term sustainability point. If theres one positive thing he will hopefully get time, I think Wilder and O'Neil would of, unfairly, been on the back foot with the fan base early much like Cooper.
-
Sky bet have suspended it with the Cifuentes news. One thing I would say this has been proof that odds dont mean a lot. Its swung so much based on nothing but speculation and Cifuentes wasnt even considered an option 24 hours ago.
-
Not sure if its been posted, but gives you good insight
-
From what I have read and heard from some QPR supporting mates, he puts a big focus on youth and player development, encourages the attacking players to play free. I agree hes unlikely to be the next big thing, but he has characteristics of Nigel and may just be the one that steadies the ship whilst developing our real asset in the academy. Main thing is theres a longer term pathway with him, rather than just getting back to the prem at all costs with managers like dyche. No guarantees in football, but of the options realistically available he has the right attitude towards youth and development whilst also showing he can set up teams for success.
-
Forest getting Edu and we are stuck with Rudkin and his power point interview process, leading to the most desperate of managers begging for a chance.
-
Reports we need someone to fix the culture, appoint the man who lost the dressing room, caused a lack of discipline and fighting on the pitch.
-
How many Championship clubs needed a manager since he last had one, as far as I can tell he wasnt even considered for any. Hes barely even a manager, just a very loud coach who lost control of his team at wolves to the point they were physically fighting on the pitch. This is exactly like the cooper appointment, hes desperate to get back in because no one else wants him, hes cheap as anything because hes so desperate, and talks a good game that they've lapped up. Mind boggling, lets hope it works out but **** me if you are still supporting this board, I honestly dont think you care about the club. The entire process has once again been a sham, if he was the guy they could of appointed him weeks ago.
-
I firmly believe a season of championship mediocrity will turn quite a few people who are on the fence. And given the list of candidates they've been interviewing, you can see one coming. We are so badly run mid table championship sides wont take long to over take us, we used to be worried about brighton/brentford. We are now looking at Birmingham and Coventry. We are on a trend with them that is only heading in one direction. Unfortunately we need to hit rock bottom again for people to realise it.
-
For them to be interviewing Gary O'Neil who has been out of work for some time, only last week. That tells you everything you need to know, they've given themselves the summer off and have only just started to think about this season. They are making it harder and harder to care, its infuriating.
-
Hes the kind of manager Preston or Stoke would be looking at, he shouldn't really be in consideration at all. Steve Cooper all over again.
