Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Iwebema

Member
  • Posts

    1,145
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Iwebema

  1. I hope this is true, and can see the logic....the only thing holding me back is it took us 2 weeks to officially move on from Dean Smith at the end of that season and start looking. It would not surprise me at all if we havent even started thinking about next season.
  2. Its not really an achievement or anything to boast about, a billion pound squad, winning it was bare minimum. Like beating your kids at sport and parading around afterwards. Ballbag is really bizarre when it comes to Enzo, he must have posters of him all over his house, its very creepy.
  3. I think, unfortunately, this time its not going to happen bud. Mainly because we were destined to be together. Just going to have to hope he proves us all wrong.
  4. I thought people were saying this was done and he was being announced today 🤪 Unfortunately all my "inside football" contacts are at forest, they haven't a clue what's going on with us as I've asked, all they said towards the back end of the season was no one seemed to know what our plan was because they weren't expecting relegation and it took some time for the board to come to terms with it. Rangers fans seem adamant its Davide Ancellotti for them and its already done 🤷‍♂️ For what its worth I think he'd do well there and the fans would accept him. As we've already seen hes going to face an uphill battle with us all summer, he will need one hell of a PR campaign and hot start to get the majority on board with him
  5. Just no need for the Bobby De Cordova Reid disrespect.... Dolan and Darling would be the 2 free transfer that I'd like from that list. We may not need a left back as JJ says he prefers playing there so if woyo is up to speed covering for Ricardo's inevitable injury we should be good. We have to find an answer upfront and it needs to be someone up and coming for me. I know others have mentioned Kelman and Kone who could be good options. I wonder if Evan Ferguson fancies a season in the championship to get himself back on track?
  6. Interesting assistant, he did really well at Gateshead and MK Don's.....it probably wont shock anyone that he also plays dogmatic, possession based football....didn't go down to well at Carlisle!
  7. This is exactly how it will go unfortunately. Which is why I cant see it being anything other than a disaster of an appointment.
  8. It such a weird situation, if we assume he has been told, I dont think the board would be happy he is making them look even more incompetent by saying we havent. Surely you'd want him to say that discussions are on going, or make some suggestion that a conversation has been had but no outcome reached, I guess maybe hes annoyed and bitter which is completely understandable, and our board are just that thick they dont see the problem with what hes saying.
  9. It couldn't of gone much better with Villa and Forest both missing out, about the only thing that can bring me any joy from this season! Villa having a very public meltdown of all meltdowns and Forest fans winding their necks in and trying to convince themselves that they arent absolutely gutted is an absolute delightful.
  10. Perhaps he can be our next Puel!
  11. I dont really understand the "entitled fanbase" when its thrown at a group of fans who saw the worst relegation in history followed by another one 2 years later. Normally that phrase is reserved for teams who have had a slightly poor season, just below what they had expected. Chelsea being notorious for it. But I think leicester city fans have every right to expect more than this. As did club's in similar declines like Sunderland and Leeds. I don't think anyone was calling them entitled just acknowledging how severely miss managed they had become.
  12. For me it needs to be fluid and not be dogmatic to principles that cant be adapted. The hard part is finding something that works in the championship but can also work in the prem. Ive always been a sucker for Diego Simeones "Cholismo" style. For me that's the approach I think would fit the fans and club and wouldn't be out of kilter with the current direction of modern football, perhaps I'd like to see more fluidity than rigidity than simeones teams, but it is certainly not a style that is appreciated by the board, so its unlikely to ever be realistic.
  13. Like all appointments there's an element of risk, and with Rohl that would largely be about sample size. Reasons to like him he comes from a good footballing background, extremely analytical. He isn't wedded to a football principle, he always changes his tactics based around the players he has and the opposition. Hes done remarkably well with a terrible Sheffield Wednesday team. All ex and current players speak very highly of him about his man management and leadership. As I say the risk with him would be around sample size, hes doing it with a poor sheff weds team, would he be able to do the same things with us a team that would be more expectant and dominating games instead of chasing them. The one thing for me would be hes up and coming rather than one of the merry go round managers we appoint with style over substance.
  14. We should probably fire up the Will Still thread now in preparation
  15. Hes had a couple of good performances. But for 99% of his leicester career, he's been an extremely lazy player, who has the footballing IQ of a brick. Has absolutely no awareness of what's going on around him or how to respond to it, uses his physicality when he can be arsed to get out of trouble. But overall was never really interested in being here and has never looked like fitting in, just another one of those signings that didn't look like it was well thought through and was overpaid to the point of never giving his all. Can't wait to never see him play for us again.
  16. I think if we'd of played a game while all the Cooper rumours were circling we might of! Ha we just love repeating the same mistakes.
  17. I agree, I think most do agree. Its an appointment (if its true) that almost everyone on here can see the red flags. I would much rather it was someone else, all I can say for myself is if it is him, I wont hound him out until at least the 1st half of the first game 😅 No, I just think we have to give him the opportunity to show he's learnt and its different with us, as much as I whole heartedly doubt it will be, I think thats all we can do. I do understand why people are being vocal in the hope that it doesn't happen, I just dont think KP give a crap what we think and will just do it anyway. The only hope would be he saw the chants and says no.
  18. Sorry my fault for not being clear, I didn't mean in terms of play style, I just mean in terms of how the appointment will be received by fans. Half the fan base wanted Cooper out before he'd managed a game and it was always heading one way, and this will be the same, he's not going to be given time or the benefit of the doubt, unless he wins the first 5 in a row playing peak Rodgers ball, its just not going to work.
  19. I agree with this, if the board want him then there's nothing we can do about it, no amount of complaining is going to change it once he is in, so you might aswell try and give him the benefit of the doubt and see how it goes. I personally dont want him and think its going to end badly, but like cooper I'd love to be proven wrong, just cant see it. The bigger issue continues to be our board and the own goals they constantly score. Regardless of how much they like him, its exactly like cooper, its an appointment that's not going to be recieved well and he's facing and up hill battle already, so just dont appoint him. There's absolutely no need to take the risk when there are plenty of other options. But the club are so out of touch with the fans and football in general we will have to watch this play out and just hope its better than we expect.
  20. I didn't go but a summary for a friend who was a willing victim... Atmosphere was very anti board and in particular Rudkin. No one wants Russell Martin and large sections chanting "he's a W⚓️" Team played exactly how you would expect with about 8 defensive players on the pitch, offered nothing and didn't even try to score. Players didn't acknowledge the fans outside of Thomas really other than some being forced. RVN did he usual, hugging and kissing opposition players and straight down the tunnel, not a word to us which is normal Overall feeling is if it is Russell Martin he's going to need one hell of a positive summer as it could get ugly very fast going into next season. He said many fans who he had seen at games being agnostic to it all, were no longer.
  21. Terrible manager, but this is absolutely insane that even now, no one at the club has even had the decency to talk to him or give him any indication of what the plan is. You'd have to be desperate to come here and work under these conditions, no wonder its going to be Martin.
  22. 100% they've been given an extra spot, missed that, missed Europa League and are heading to the conference. A manager who has fallen out with the psychotic owner. A massively over performing squad, close to a PSR breach, ripe for picking off. Here's to their best season in 30 years which wouldn't even make our top 3. Cheers to you.
  23. Russell Martin did say for his next club, he only want to go somewhere that the club and fans are on his wave length with the style. There is a chance if he is serious he wont come considering the chants... I'm fine either way, I dont really want him, but I think the vitriol against him is a bit much. And tbh I'm still in the camp of who cares whilst the people above him are still running it.
  24. I wonder if he's on the pitch fighting nuno.
  25. Unless they headhunt Rudkin, they should be ok
×
×
  • Create New...