Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

CornwallFox

Member
  • Posts

    2,206
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

Everything posted by CornwallFox

  1. The point of the question followed discussion of the need for promotion this season. So the challenge is to find a management change that has resulted in either staying up when we wouldn't or in-season improvement. MON was fantastic but that season we went down not up after the change, you can't point at other seasons here I'm afraid. All I've said re Martin is that I think the are some green shoots but haven't claimed to be'correct' he's a good shout.
  2. I sometimes wonder what if we had 100% death taxation and everybody started with £100k in a bank account and their own skills to make a life for themselves. Re your point I think the issue is that capitalism is reaching it's end point - the % of GDP going to wealth has grown and grown, the entire economy is based on making wealth wealthier and ordinary people are really struggling. Letting ordinary people keep a bit more isn't going to fix that and letting the richest keep everything just increases the problem. Can we not increase the starting point to £5m and then increase the rate massively from there.
  3. But apparently also raising income tax thresholds, though they've rowed bank on that a bit. Reform are utterly full of the brown stuff.
  4. Maybe I am, but you can't blame coaches for players missing sitters. Think about it.... When was the last season you remember thinking we had enough chances to score 4 by half time? On that basis alone it's fun.
  5. Fair enough fella 😆
  6. O'Neil slightly different in that MM left and we were already top of the league when he left from memory. MON got abuse that year when we ended not top. Puel yeah he did okay, funny one that one but okay. So given MON actually took us down the league, you've found one in about 30 years of management changes.
  7. You're putting words in my mouth. Our attack is getting better. You just need eyes to see that. We've created lots of chances recently. Coaches can't account for individual finishing errors. Also, our defence isn't really weak and undercoached. Our defence is simply at high risk to ball turnover. It's the tactical flaw in Martin's plans. He's betting we can beat the press and score more than we give away. He'd have gotten away with it recently if it wasn't for those pesky kids. Oh, er, I mean poor finishing. Tbh I'm starting to think the attack and midfield is developing quickly enough that we'll at least end top 6. I realise that's not exactly borne out in results so far but I'm saying that I'm seeing evidence of improvement in a young and new team. Feel free to disagree, I'm not declaring I'm right, I'm just saying that's what I think I'm seeing. Can we move away from absolutes and everybody thinking their view has to be right?
  8. Honestly amazed there's anybody to talk about in here
  9. Richard 'stupid' Tice has pitched the idea of inheritance tax, stamp duty and capital gains tax being three for huge changes..... All of which very clearly would benefit the wealthiest the most.
  10. I don't see anybody thinking he'll be the Messiah. I'm just suggesting that while our defence is still awful our attack is getting better and maybe we'll pick up when the team settles down. Also maybe we won't. But it's actually kinda fun seeing so many chances in a game. Been years since we saw actual chances
  11. And which bit of our history suggests a mid season manager change is a good idea?
  12. Or maybe we won't. Maybe the improved attacking performances will lead to more goals which they really should have already. I can't see us changing and when though I full understand doubts re Martin, the background as described does mean we need to give him the time
  13. Maybe so but I've not said anything untrue have I?
  14. He's had 6/7 games with a brand new team, players leaving through the first few weeks, half the team are kids, nobody has known who's staying or arriving, some of our signings only just arrived. I'm not saying Martin will or won't turn it around, but it's pretty pathetic not to give any consideration to the wider picture. Give him a couple of months with a settled squad and then feel free to rip into him if we're still as now.
  15. Tbh I don't really get the point of drinking before and during the match. 3pm Saturday match. They get on it early afternoon, pretty pissed by the time they're there, carry on through the game. How much of the game are they actually taking in? Are the droves heading home 5 mins before the end actually just racing to the urinals? Maybe I just can't handle day drinking these days but I've never really got it. I tried it once and I swear I was smashed and had popped the piss cork by half time
  16. Tbh I think we've been getting better throughout the season going forward. At the back we are always one mistake from disaster but going forward we're starting to click. We should have been out of sight at halftime in our last league game. I'm prepared to see what happens, there's some good signs and at least the football is starting to be more interesting than recent years, with goals possible at either end seemingly constantly. I think most fans now just didn't want him and area pretty pleased to focus only on the negatives - which certainly do exist - while refusing to acknowledge there's been progress with a brand new team.
  17. Bristic touch is getting better now he's getting some confidence. Aluko desperate to beat 11 men and score
  18. A little bit better finishing and we could genuinely get into double figures. Their kids look lost
  19. Bristic has made a point of celebrating with Martin. That's really positive actually for more than just him. Clearly things are happier behind the scenes than some want to pretend.
  20. If it was there'd be a few less complaints I think. Some of our pay is really quite good, finishing at one end and mistakes at the other have done us often
  21. You know, I don't really agree that we pass just to pass. When we do go forward we are relatively quick at getting it forward and quite purposeful. We don't always have cutting edge which is something else but I don't dislike 85% of our forward play
  22. So this is an actual first team match? Can't wait 😳
×
×
  • Create New...