-
Posts
2,206 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
2
Everything posted by CornwallFox
-
Maybe we should run a sweepstake on exactly when all the people that leave laughing emojis over any climate change stories will suddenly realise it's been true all along. It will happen, there will be a point where it's 25° on Xmas day or something and the penny will drop. We witnessed a Pompeii level event in Nepal only a fortnight-ish ago caused entirely by glacial retreat. How many more do we need to see and how much closer to home do they need to get before recognition hits the hold outs in the face? And what will their reaction be to the political leaders and media that fed them the climate change denial lies?
-
Relationship between fans and owners/players
CornwallFox replied to hejammy's topic in Leicester City Forum
Awful decision making across the club has brought the fan base to a place of misery and despair. At the same time our fan base no longer lives in the real world. Combined it's pretty awful. I'm not a fan of the booing of players immediately from kick off. -
I've not drunk then yet but got a couple of local beers from a farm shop in the middle of nowhere, mainly because the cans look kinda cool
-
Tommy Watson joins on season loan from Brighton - Official
CornwallFox replied to moore_94's topic in Leicester City Forum
Right near the end when we broke and he had two players to cross it in front of for a tap in, but he turned back to his other foot and then gave it away.....OMFG -
Now before I say this, we are allowed to agree to disagree, I'm not shouting this, I'm just saying it. I feel I should caveat anything political because I don't want to be cut off from any more of the site. I disagree. I have no idea what part of British culture you think is sidelined. Last night of the proms? The royal family? The FA Cup final? Fish and chips? Rainy days at the seaside? Coming last at Eurovision? Do you mean flag waving? Because that's all I can think you might mean. In which case flag waving is absolutely fine at any normal time for waving a flag. If, however, you're waving one, or attaching a Chinese made flag halfway up a lamppost, to signal that you don't like immigrants, then that isn't really British culture. I have no idea which bit of Britain you think had left Britain? It's all still here. It's the same. All that's changed over time is that there are additional opportunities, peoples, relationships, cuisines, clothing, and cultures that exist in harmony. The main cause of disharmony is the far right.
-
It's really irrelevant if people are British or not. When you actually get to know people and talk to them we all have pretty much the same values except for the bad 'unsc which exist everywhere. Hey a second gen immigrant from anywhere and they use British expressions, act as Brits in most ways, usually have more exciting food at home from their traditions. Whatever it is that today's right wingers are bleating on about with us apparently losing something called Britishness is utter codswallop. They just mean there's more brown people. Even if that was true I'd suggest it might have something to do with the utterly appalling culture war being stoked by farage, the telegraph etc which would make me rather nervous of Britain and brits if I had a more exotic heritage. We see more and more Brits acting, talking and sharing online appallingly awful versions of humanity.
-
I don't blame RM here I blame individual terrible decisions at both ends.
-
Yeah. Watson really been poor. Burns has offered nothing again. Just needed Howell on for Cullen.
-
How is that not a foul? He's headed the back of Riis' head
-
Yeah maybe so. But this is the style we're playing. Making it exciting at both endsv which is more than we've had for a few seasons.
-
All of page's corners have been woeful
-
Yeah he's been disappointing. Id have kept Alves in position and put Howell on the other side
-
It was an individual error. The scoreline is as much to do with missing chances.
-
Yeah not arguing with that particularly, just think it's unfair to say we're passing for the sake of passing. We're trying to create chances to attack quickly, whether the style is liked is another issue.
-
WOYO!!!
-
You only have to look at how many comments online blame labour for "letting them all in" despite labour being the ones to actually close the gate and start taking action. We've gone down the American path of the right wing deciding to entirely ignore facts and truth in order to sway opinion and turn politics into a them Vs us thing, entirely in accordance with the Russian playbook.
-
Sky stats shows fouls conceded and free kicks won. Pointless. They're the same number just reversed.
-
I'm not sure what you're watching so I'll explain it to you. We're intentionally playing the ball within our back 7 to draw them on. When they do the press us if we beat the press were attacking extremely quickly which is where pretty much all our chances have come from. It's not a slow build up, it's an intentional attempt to draw them towards us so we can spring forward quickly.
-
He's playing pretty well, v you can see him talking a lot to the other players, using his experience. He's getting on with it despite constant boos right behind him. I'm not sure it's him in the wrong.
-
Superb hold up play and then run in by Riis. Looks a decent player
-
Great goal. Once we draw the opponents in, when we do manage to beat a press, we move it forward quite quickly.
-
Our fans are booing one of our players from the first minute. I actually hate our fan base. Entitled pr***s.
