Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

CornwallFox

Member
  • Posts

    2,207
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

Everything posted by CornwallFox

  1. Sounds like a fair ask. Don't see how it's any different to the other due diligence they'll be doing. Should be a normal part of a house transaction.
  2. Good. Now for some legislation to block corporate landlordism.
  3. As much as I quite like him and he's a good antidote to reform style division and unpleasantness, he's unlikely to be PM. Admittedly nor is Badenoch or Davey 😅
  4. He's probably the right person given the other options are Ed Davey, Kemi Badenoch or Nigel Farage, the latter who will have limited appeal to Europe at a point in time when we need to move closer to them militarily.
  5. Agree with this. I think it's good we have so many threads discussing so many different things and, for the most part, even when we disagree it's not a big deal really. Ultimately we're all just winging it through life in the best way we can, doing what we think is best with the information we have.
  6. I don't think anybody hates us But yeah second bit sounds about right
  7. There is something about being British which seems to mean we have to basically hate everybody else
  8. Europe is a superpower as a combined entity. I always find it strange that Tory type voters, who generally love the US and hate Europe, don't want to see it recreated in Europe as for some reason as United States here would be terrible. It wouldn't. It would be fantastic. I've always wanted to see a United States of Europe. Britain would still have it's history but would be in something new. Something where as citizens we'd no longer be bound by just the borders of this island. What it is about the British that makes us so resistant to the idea of open borders in Europe I'm not really sure (I'm talking for it's citizens, not open borders for immigrants, though I'll give it two minutes before somebody moves on to that). Why wouldn't I want to be able to live, work etc in a much larger area? Why does having a different currency and governing body make any difference to me? The history of Britain, it's wars, palaces and currency would all still be a historic record, much as individual states in America have their own cultures and histories. Can't for the life of me understand why we have to only be Britain and stay within our little island and not be part of something bigger.
  9. It's hard to blame just him given we had about 4 managers that season
  10. Rodgers wanted out in the last year after rudkin and co failed to use the position Rodgers had us in as a springboard to rejig the squad. Rodgers is very culpable for his behaviour and outlook that year but the years before were wonderful, let's not kid ourselves. The fact he wasn't sacked sooner and we were left with dross was the fault of those remaining at the club.
  11. Which doomongers said the internet would kill us?
  12. Unlikely, Danny's well known for being extremely left wing.
  13. You only have to look at films, books etc to see these same sorts of examples, or equivalents for the times, have been used to write off while generations throughout time. As if that example is representative of a whole generation. A generation, I'll point out, that have academically outperformed all previous generations whilst also using less drink or drugs on average than previous generations.
  14. Every generation has worked hard. Every generation has complained about the next generation being workshy. I have no idea how your experience of your generation tells you anything about the following generations It wasn't just directed at you btw para
  15. Bored of listening to people of any generation bang on about how hard they worked. It's true of every generation that they work or worked hard. That's not the differentiator between generations.
  16. For inciting violence and also released early. Let's get that right. But yes this guy is a scrote and deserves having the key thrown away. Very unlikely to be out in 9, thankfully. I'm of the view that we should stop increasing the sentencing guidelines when cases like this come along, they're tough enough for ordinary crimes, but there should be more room for judges to look at cases like this and ignore those guidelines when it's clearly such a grotesque crime a harsher sentence is required, perhaps with MoJ review when used.
  17. I was fortunate in that I graduated in 2002 with £16k of debt which I repaid under much better terms. Graduates these days are battered my debt and what is effectively a 9% graduate tax for all but the richest. Even if we have to have loans to support the education sector, there was no need to sell the books to take them out of national debt, promising private firms guaranteed returns. They should be brought back into government with a 0% interest rate. Whatever you borrow, you pay back, but it gets easier and easier over time as you earn more and inflation reduces the value. No need for inflationary increases at all.
  18. My comment was about the big 4 being crap. I didn't give an opinion on a specific situation at Leicester of which I have no detailed knowledge. Considering how little you respond to anything about your own opinions it's laughable you expect answers on things like this.
  19. No offense but you're very wrong when it comes to my specific subject matter. I'm one of the experts in the country at what I do. I would suggest you don't make sweeping judgements based on zero knowledge.
  20. They are direct competitors in the same marketplace, doing the same job, with the results of their work in plain sight to me. There are hundreds of examples of failures. No small firm would survive their failures, yet simple name recognition apparently is enough for them to survive anything.
  21. The big 4 are terrible. No idea how they keep their names in high esteem given the number of failures they oversee or fail to spot.
  22. I should add popularised by Elon Musk, not exactly known for his centrist beliefs, while attacking the left.
  23. What absolute nonsense. The fact you're sharing a right wing designed diagram to pretend we've all moved left shows this 'im centre left' nonsense up for what it is. We live in a country where two of the biggest polling political parties are pushing BNP policies and being taken seriously. It's really not leftwards that we've marched.
  24. Labour don't need to offer up EU membership, all they have to do is have some left wing policies. They'd clean up if they actually spent money on ordinary people and stopped towing the telegraph's party line.
×
×
  • Create New...