-
Posts
2,207 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
2
Everything posted by CornwallFox
-
Sheff Utd (away) - New Years Day - 17:30
CornwallFox replied to Spudulike's topic in Leicester City Forum
No Hamza is no bad thing -
When it comes to the ultra rich or isn't about 'making money' in the traditional sense. So it helps clarify things for you, I'm pretty left wing, but I don't mind people being rich. I don't believe everybody should earn the same. If you have a great idea and start a business that succeeds, I'm happy for you to get filthy rich. I do expect you to accept taxes and to pay your staff fairly, given they're helping you get rich, so benefits shouldn't have to pick up the tab for poor wages, as it currently does. But with the ultra rich, they don't make their money as employers any more. People don't seem to understand this. Money makes money, at the expense of everybody else. The rules of the game are no longer what they once were. The share is national productivity going to workers has fallen rapidly Vs the share going to the wealthy. They're should be fairness. Yes let people get rich, but also make sure workers see a fair slice of the action, which is no longer happening.
-
Even if I believe that it isn't an issue for you, all I have to do is read the comments under any express, mail or telegraph article on immigration to know that ethnicity, race, religion and skin colour are most definitely an issue for many in this country.
-
Where on earth do you get the idea I want to see local culture overwritten? I don't at all. And nor do many others. I'm quite happy with Britain being Britain, the difference between me and those further to the right is that I'm not one of life's victims, determined to believe that my way of life is about to be overturned by a few foreign people. Granted, it is now than a few and I would actually agree we need to get a handle on sensible numbers, but the idea people are coming in and our way of life is threatened? Rubbish. The right at the moment are a bunch of cry babies who play victim at every opportunity - see the nonsense about Xmas trees as an example, for about the 25th year running.
-
Benefits have no real impact on inflation given how scant they are. I'm unconvinced about it being a disincentive into work. Don't get me wrong, a very small % of people choose not to ever really work, but they'd be dealing out whatever other nonsense they get up to instead anyway. The idea huge numbers aren't working because they can get just enough to cover a grotty house in a grotty bit of town is rubbish tbh. The vast majority on benefits are working, disabled, carers, elderly, or have some other good reason. It's a positive because every penny (apart potentially for benefits to cover rent) go into the real economy and support businesses up and down the country. From a purely economic point of view, yes those people might not be adding to gdp, but tbh that's a bit of a false way of worrying about the economy given that ever smaller fractions of GDP reach the real economy thanks to late stage capitalism. Ultimately the economy needs liquidity and people that don't save or store money or assets.
-
You wouldn't support a fair asylum system at all. The people I regard as far right make it clear that their chief annoyance is cultural takeover - they aren't bothered about Ukrainian refugees, it's Asian and African refugees they don't like, particularly Muslims. There's no system of asylum that you would like if it involved those people.
-
About 49% are on benefits. But benefits are good for the economy so it doesn't hurt anybody particularly. Tbh I don't have a problem with you thinking 49% is too high, as it is much higher than the general population (19%) but I wish you were expressing the same annoyance at the ultra rich who are taking the wealth of the nation for themselves.
-
Why is taking aim at the guy that's launched a full on invasion of your country more concerning than the tens or hundreds of thousands of dead?
-
Really like having this lad in the team. Future captain. Let's just keep playing him now, no turning back!
-
Don't really get the honours system. Case in point: Christopher Dean. MBE in 1981 well deserved. Around the turn of the century got an OBE though unclear what extra had been done for the upgrade. Now a knight. Has his role in Dancing on Ice really been worthy of a knighthood? People seem to get upgrade after upgrade for no real reason.
-
They literally have to prove they are being persecuted. They can't just claim it. They can't lose their identity. If they cannot prove who they are and that are personally being persecuted they will not get asylum. And the majority of asylum seekers do successfully prove the those things. They are the facts. What you've written is ill-informed nonsense.
-
Nonsense. Having with worked in the benefits world previously, I can tell you that you cannot just turn up in the UK, legally or not, and claim benefits. That is a lie designed to keep people thinking the way you appear to.
-
I mean we're shit but we are trying
-
To be clear, thinking what you've written there is not far right. But what the more extreme politicians are saying, and many on the right in comments across social media and media, is far right, and always has been.
-
I can't stand the British yet I am still here (and still British)
-
Yep, we're living in a time dominated by far right group think. And yes, it is far right before anybody claims otherwise. Go look at the last BNP manifesto and compare to where we are now.
-
So are we now supposed to care about hurty words? I struggle to keep up.
-
Stewards not receiving usual food vouchers
CornwallFox replied to moore_94's topic in Leicester City Forum
If this was true, then we would be in a parlous state and administration would be a real possibility soon -
Imo keep him where he is this season. Sell or release as much dross as possible in the summer, play him next year as part of a new look younger team
-
They are totally crazy. Interesting that Putin has talked about the Americans wanting to be involved in running the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant jointly with the Ukrainians - because the Americans want to use it to power cryptocurrency mining. Literally no reason for him to make it up and no denial from the Americans. They're just weird.
-
Why governments should be building solar and other clean energy capacity instead of outsourcing to the private sector - as capacity increases the system can oversupply depressing prices. This should be good for energy users but, of course, becomes a problem in a profit led system. Solar power surplus in Spain triggers ‘discount season’ for plants https://share.google/qlrSx83ClAsETgnd8
-
Watford - Home - Boxing Day 3pm - Anyone going?
CornwallFox replied to Spudulike's topic in Leicester City Forum
That is a proper dog muck pick. I realise we have terrible players but Jesus that is a bottom three team. -
Merry Xmas everyone 🎄
-
How old is Mahrez now? What memories that lad gave us
-
Indeed. We really should be calling it out publicly as a close friend of the US, and tell it how it is. We're not going to tow the American line while trump is threatening it's allies.
