-
Posts
2,207 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
2
Everything posted by CornwallFox
-
It's a shame that the almighty 'told you so' that's coming won't be very funny. We still have to try but tbh, we're kinda tucked with a different first letter. Big oil has been incredibly successful at muddying the waters but I've no idea what their execs think they'll get out of it. We're going to see massive problems in the next 15+ years.
-
Half the US follow him. We have our own idiot version over here. They exist elsewhere. I can understand not believing in left wing politics. I can't understand falling for the likes of trump or farage, both very obviously grifters.
-
I feel like this. Less drunk and drugged up kids in the world, they're all far better behaved and body conscious. I don't think you see anywhere near as much violence now. Probably more shop lifting how much that's social media I don't know.
-
I don't know the answer so this isn't a loaded question, but is there any research showing this either way? I thought the studies I'd seen had shown improvements, though I'm not sure if they were unbiased, fair and transparent assessments.
-
There wasn't a non-existent baseline, the figures were there, they just weren't previously reported as focus higher up was on other things. Once I got them reported we could then respond.
-
So it's an unusual place in the sense that I work in an arms-length public sector body that operates in competition with private sector organisations. So we don't make a profit as such but we do need to bring in additional income, win new business, build business relationships, tender for contracts against the private sector. I'm not going to give much away about the sector but all those elements come into it, as well as delivering the actual service we deliver. The service itself does a whole range of things including training provision, building audience facing platforms, risk management and governance of projects, lots of other streams. There is a diversity of opinion amongst management re WFH. I am pretty strong on the pro-WFH end of things. The results for my team have been hugely improved and for the geography we cover it's far easier. There are some things done better in person. Some training via teams/e-learning etc can work well, but it is better in person quite often. Teaching new staff I'm 50/50 on. I can see them having more direct access to staff can help, but for much of what we do it isn't really much different. You can shadow online easily these days. Results wise, our return on investment is something like 15x greater than before, though I must caveat that by saying we didn't have proper figures for that before and did focus on improving ROI during recent years.
-
You're very black and white aren't you?
-
That's interesting. The direct opposite of what we've found. What line of work are you in and what do you think explains the difference?
-
I've been working in, recruiting staff to and training staff for a 95% WFH environment. Since moving to this, as my team is very geographically spread, we feel much closer together, it's easier to work across areas, we are far more productive, everybody is happier. Why on earth would I want to drag everybody into an office to then hold teams meetings with clients? Some people like the office, fair play of that's you, others work better away. I think the push to get back there is really poor management based on fear. Put in place proper metrics, performance and quality processes and stop worrying.
-
Ah saw this after, that's kinda what I think. Kids are better behaved than in my day. I think the world is no more dangerous or safe. Perception is the word I was looking for. I feel like the generations before mine have ruined the young financially, and my generation have ruined them socially.
-
Do you think it isn't as safe, or just people don't feel as safe? That's the question I keep coming back to. It feels like stuff like internet predators are shown on social media etc and everybody is convinced their kids are unsafe playing football down the road, but I kinda struggle to see why playing football down the road would be less safe. It feels like fear over reality to me, but I don't know that I'm right, it's a genuine question I have.
-
Really interesting, thanks. Number 2 on that list is a shame. I do think my generation and possibly the one before has ruined childhood. I'm mid forties. My childhood was going out in the morning with my mates and coming back at nightfall. These days kids aren't allowed out. Playdates have to be arranged things with parents. Kids don't get to be kids.
-
This. We've gone from one earner being able to run a house, kids and have a two week foreign holiday at normal pay levels a generation or two ago, to now both adults working, childcare through the roof, food through the roof, energy through the roof, housing through the roof. Everybody is knackered, nobody can take on any more. I hate to add this, but capitalism has failed the people. That's not to say I'm arguing for socialism, I'm arguing for something new and different and fair.
-
Bobby De Cordova-Reid joins permanently - Official
CornwallFox replied to moore_94's topic in Leicester City Forum
There's got to be somebody in our youth teams that we can try? Playing Daka is like playing with ten men so it can't be any worse. -
That's a fair response Tommy. I don't expect you to answer my every question my little fox friend, I'm glad you did on this occasion though. I think broadly the sentencing guidelines are fair, I think reporting can be an issue as you tend to get a skewed picture when people say x crime got x sentence but you've no idea of the backstory, mitigations etc.
-
The cause of everything that followed in the 70s btw. Not 'socialism'.
-
What do you think should happen to somebody that uses a large platform to make the kind of claims he made about others? You like to give your little responses, but never get into any sort of conversation about what should be different.
-
He's a scumbag who wrote things that should get anybody in trouble, knowing his platform plays to the type of oiks who might take him seriously and threaten those he acted against. You should get less for slapping someone.
-
Should be a nothing issue but the likes of farage have successfully convinced millions that any agreements with the EU are tantamount to treason. They still genuinely think no deal would be optimal.
-
It isn't freedom of speech him and trump want, it's freedom from any laws
-
This is what does my nut in about the 'book value' brigade. They forget you still have to pay the idiot if he's here. Who cares about the book value.
-
I haven't said anything about replacing everybody with China. I'm more interested in making the comparison between US and China
-
It's this I struggle with. It just reads like propaganda swallowed whole. Because they have huge economic and military might we need to be scared of them, even though they haven't misused it. But we should trust the US who regularly misuse both.
-
Which of those doesn't apply to the US also?
-
Never seen Thomas look dangerous going forward. Some good crosses and even an overlapping run at one point. Needs more of that
