-
Posts
13,699 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
2
Everything posted by Spudulike
-
Group C: Slovenia, Denmark, Serbia, England
Spudulike replied to Mark's topic in General Football and Sport
-
Not sure that Potter will get the England job (or any job) given the baggage he carries with him.
-
Apologies if already posted...
-
The way that heads dropped during that losing run last season indicates that it may well have happened again under Maresca. From what I can gather, Cooper will instill a stronger mentality if nothing else and ensure we at least give it a go.
-
I'm trying to decide if we are now better positioned to avoid relegation than if Meresca was still manager. I think we might be.
-
Go and get Moyes, Rudders. Unless he's waiting for the Scotland job.
-
Compo
-
Given the choice, just after the trophy lift, between having either Maresca or Potter going into a new Premier League season then I would've genuinely gone with the latter. Silver linings and all that. Plus £10m. Worked out OK, I reckon.
-
'.....playing football the Graham way' doesn't quite have the same ring to it.
-
Group C: Slovenia, Denmark, Serbia, England
Spudulike replied to Mark's topic in General Football and Sport
Aren't we told that transport problems are a speciality of the UK and it's all so perfect on European mainland? Or are these problems just reserved for the English when we play away? Not hearing much about similar problems for other nations fans. Perhaps we're the only ones to complain? https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/jun/16/fans-left-sidelined-and-with-nowhere-to-go-thanks-to-uefas-bumbling-genius -
Probably wishful thinking by a WBA fan. I don't think that being a pundit at the Euro's will effect whether his agent does the deal or not (if offered).
-
Group A: Germany, Scotland, Hungary, Switzerland
Spudulike replied to Mark's topic in General Football and Sport
Last player to get sent off on his Euro debut was Dragovic in 2016. -
Group A: Germany, Scotland, Hungary, Switzerland
Spudulike replied to Mark's topic in General Football and Sport
What is German for schadenfreude? -
Group A: Germany, Scotland, Hungary, Switzerland
Spudulike replied to Mark's topic in General Football and Sport
Don't think it matters. It's decided on the result against the opposing team in the event of a tie on points -
-
Some great quips in the film. Don't know how accurate they are. In particular when Winston is in the toilet and the shout goes out that the Lord Privy Seal wants to speak with him. The reply was something like, 'tell him I'm already sealed in the privy and I can only deal with one shit at a time'
-
I think it's because we have won all 3 major domestic trophies (this centuary). Also winning the 2nd tier the most. Most clubs can only dream of that.
-
He wasn't that bad when we signed him, was he?
-
Percy reckons that contact has been made with Potter... https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/06/07/jamie-vardy-to-stay-at-leicester-city-back-premier-league/
-
Should never have to buy a drink in Leicester ever. Unforgettable.
-
Might as well be considering Rooney, Slippy G, Lampard and Giggs (what's he doing now?).
-
Why would a manager be good enough for us that wasn't good enough for NottsF ? Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.
-
That would be daft as I'm sure we have a few that we'd like to sell to them. They've all got a price.
-
Wonder if he's thought to ask about Chelsea's financial situation with probable PS&R sanctions on the horizon?
