Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wight88

One for the stattos

Pretty sure they could've afforded a 4th, but they spent the money on shit goals they can't get a ball into. 

When you're operating in the market we are, you have to be realistic.

Pretty sure they could've afforded a 4th, but they spent the money on shit goals they can't get a ball into.

I thought Burnley had spent all their money on pads of A4 paper, or have I misunderstood what the Ginger Grufallo has been going about when he talks of all these "fine margins" :)

I thought Burnley had spent all their money on pads of A4 paper, or have I misunderstood what the Ginger Grufallo has been going about when he talks of all these "fine margins" :)

Woah back off, fine margins is a legit phrase endorsed by big Nige himself.

I was interested in seeing who's goals had got us the most points this season. Did this with the following logic (which some may not agree with):

3 points for a win will be distributed as follows: 1 to player who scored the 'drawing goal' and 2 to the person who scored the winning goal, nothing is given for any goals after this. E.g for the WBA away game, Huth gets 1, Vardy gets 2: Utd home, Cambiasso gets 1, Vardy gets 2, Ulloa gets nothing for the penalty. If a win is to nil then all 3 points go to the first goalscorer.

1 point for a draw goes to player who scored the drawing goal, however the order of goals occurred. E.g. Mahrez gets the 1 point for the Burnley home draw.

This logic gives me the following:

Ulloa - 10

Vardy, Mahrez - 7

Cambiasso, Konchesky - 3

King - 2

Wood, Schlupp, Huth - 1

2 points from 0-0s.

Obviously this is more than a little harsh on those who scored goals which aided draws (Nugent away at Liverpool and Everton springs to mind) but wanted to weight it to goals which actually got us points.

Archived