Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
samlcfc1

favorite memory of the walkers stadium

That game happens to be my best memory of the Walkers as well but for a different reason.

It was the day that the Club announced it was saved from going bust, shame that tube Alan Birchenall got to make the announcement :mad: . That was the biggest cheer ever at the Walkers by far.

It was also the day a certain Dennis Wise came back and his first corner at the South East corner of the ground was greeted by the best abuse ever and a hail of missiles. I remember the ref gesturing to the Police and they just shrugged their shoulders in a "what do you expect" kind of way.

TBH I think the announcement was made to try and take the edge of the atmosphere

That was an amazing day, everything just went right.

Another of my great memories is the first half against Southampton, the place was buzzing at being 2-0 up.

Obviously promotion against Brighton was great but we had all thought we were going to be promoted weeks before so it took the edge off it.

Half time against Southampton was the greatest feeling. We felt invincible. Imagine if we'd gone on to win that. And held on against Middlesborough. And Dickov had scored the penalty against Man City. And Izzet had scored with that sliding shot which he missed agaisnt Liverpool. And we'd held on against Newcastle. And Bolton. And Everton. And Wolves. And if Charlton hadn't got dodgy penalties at the end of both games against them, home and away. If Elliott and Walker hadn't got sent off against Birmingham at home. grr!

That game happens to be my best memory of the Walkers as well but for a different reason.

It was the day that the Club announced it was saved from going bust, shame that tube Alan Birchenall got to make the announcement :mad: . That was the biggest cheer ever at the Walkers by far.

It was also the day a certain Dennis Wise came back and his first corner at the South East corner of the ground was greeted by the best abuse ever and a hail of missiles. I remember the ref gesturing to the Police and they just shrugged their shoulders in a "what do you expect" kind of way.

TBH I think the announcement was made to try and take the edge of the atmosphere

I was going to say I didnt have any favourite memories until I read that! We were sat right down the front of the west stand for that game as I remember, I just felt a massive amount of hatred boiling inside when I saw Wisey the smug little twat run onto the pitch and of course the scoreline summed it up.

I also remember the highly over the top welcome we gave to Steve Claridge as well in a kind of 'yeah Wisey, hes a proper legend' type of way and then he goes and scores :doh:

When Birchy announced we were out of administation it was one of the best feelings ever (football wise of course) :cry:

Took my son's girlfriend to the Walker's for her first football match. She entered into the spirit of things, proudly chose and wore her City shirt and had her photo taken with my son and Filbert Fox to take back home with her to New Mexico. City won 4-2 against Stoke and she's now a confirmed fan, wearing the shirt back home whenever City play and having commentary relayed back to her at home in Alberquarque whatever time of day it is.

:scarf: I think that is a great memory!!! That is very cool that there is a Leicester fan on the other side of the world! I WANT ONE!!! Where did you find her??? :cool:

:scarf: I think that is a great memory!!! That is very cool that there is a Leicester fan on the other side of the world! I WANT ONE!!! Where did you find her??? :cool:

He found her on the internet and the rest was like an unfolding dream that continues to amaze me. From tetchy young kid to globetrotting teenager in the space of a few month, adventures to fill a book and and saving (almost) every penny himself when he'd barely saved a £10 note in the rest of his life!. Powerful thing young love!!! :):):)

PS: thanks for the waving scarf!

Mine would probably have to be the 2-0 win over Brighton to confirm our place back in the Prem.

I didn't get to go to many games with being in Manc but made it back for this and it was such a good feeling having secured promotion, even though it was a non glamour tie.

It brought a tear to my eye. Managed to get my brother along to watch too :S

Half time against Southampton was the greatest feeling. We felt invincible. Imagine if we'd gone on to win that. And held on against Middlesborough. And Dickov had scored the penalty against Man City. And Izzet had scored with that sliding shot which he missed agaisnt Liverpool. And we'd held on against Newcastle. And Bolton. And Everton. And Wolves. And if Charlton hadn't got dodgy penalties at the end of both games against them, home and away. If Elliott and Walker hadn't got sent off against Birmingham at home. grr!

And if we cudda sneaked a win vs Villa, hammered Chelsea...

Archived